Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
O+
Posted: Jan 14, 2021 at 9:52 Quote
Hey army...

Where’s your portfolio again?

Posted: Jan 14, 2021 at 9:54 Quote
TRP’s are my faves as well but new Dominions get great reviews by anyone whos tried them....

Posted: Jan 14, 2021 at 9:57 Quote
mysticmountainadventures wrote:
Hey army...

Raytracy.myportfolio.com

Still need to roll out the edits I’m working on. Had some issues and had to tank like 4 hours of edits.

Posted: Jan 14, 2021 at 9:59 Quote
Shit Swan, sorry about your house.
One of the first things I did when I moved out here in the woods was cut the big trees threatening the house back. The Lady of the Woods was a little disappointed but better than your unfortunate situation. There’s still a couple here that could potentially catch my house but they are on a good down slope a should fall away from my house if they come down.
Since we got a brand new roof in 2019 I hope I’m right. Lol

O+
Posted: Jan 14, 2021 at 10:00 Quote
onemanarmy wrote:
mysticmountainadventures wrote:
Hey army...

Raytracy.myportfolio.com

Still need to roll out the edits I’m working on. Had some issues and had to tank like 4 hours of edits.

tup

Posted: Jan 14, 2021 at 10:22 Quote
Had TRP's, Dominion's destroy them and then add in the crosshairs to straighten the caliper and sold!!

Posted: Jan 14, 2021 at 10:32 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
Had TRP's, Dominion's destroy them and then add in the crosshairs to straighten the caliper and sold!!

Hmmm

O+
Posted: Jan 14, 2021 at 11:01 Quote
whattheheel wrote:

You bring two sets here and install on our bikes... oh and bring two of those mezzer 180mm 29r forks as well...

K

Thanks

Bye

O+
Posted: Jan 14, 2021 at 11:11 Quote
Damn, that was a very quick and complete list of brakes.

Dominions sound like the winners. And, harken back to the Hayes Purples I had in the olden days.

Salute

Posted: Jan 14, 2021 at 11:17 Quote
Sorry Jake, can't cross the border otherwise I would...

Posted: Jan 14, 2021 at 11:18 Quote
Both of those are nice. I’d like the light weight benchmade tango. There are a lot of cougar sightings at some of the places I ride in OC, like Whiting Ranch and I carry a folding knife on my rides, but a nice lightweight one would be sweet.[/Quote]

the prices are pretty close between the two, but i for sure support the purchase of this benchmade knife. great steel, great design.
but i dunno what you are gonna do with one folding knife against an animal with 16 folding knives that it needs to use for dinner everyday. i have a coworker who thinks he can fight off anything, including a cougar. so i invited him to help me put my cats in travel boxes the next time we go to the vet.

Posted: Jan 14, 2021 at 11:19 Quote
whattheheel wrote:

man, they putting a height requirement on everything these days.

Posted: Jan 14, 2021 at 11:23 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
husstler wrote:
Starting to look now for some new brakes, ideally to purchase between now and beginning of season. Want max power and lightest lever feel to keep my clearly ancient and decrepit hands alive at the bottom of a long descent. Already went to a coil fork.

Obvious next steps should include:
Big rotor (230?!)
Metal pads
4 piston

Less obvious:
I'd like to go non-Shimano or SRAM. Between wandering bite point and SRAM warble I'm finished with those two for a bit. Currently running 4 piston XT and they're OK. Would demote the current XT brakes to my fat bike, where they will be great.

Was thinking Magura MT-5/7, or probably Hayes Dominion. Does anyone here have any experience on both of those that might be able to offer a suggestion?

Hayes Dominions and listen to nothing else!! Best brakes I have felt in a long time!!

vs HOPES? I went Hope Tech 3 E4. The V4 I believe even more power. The E4 are pretty great so far. Plenty of power as well. Dont know how they compare to Hayes.

O+
Posted: Jan 14, 2021 at 11:25 Quote
obee1 wrote:
whattheheel wrote:

man, they putting a height requirement on everything these days.

Hehehe

But seriously... you didn’t get a pardon yet heelie???

How long does having sex with a dolphin stay on your record lol

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.055178
Mobile Version of Website