Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Jan 21, 2021 at 8:39 Quote
husstler wrote:
Retirement? That's for quitters! I'm planning on dying on the job when I'm 93 ...

With the governments of the day, that may be a requirement!

Posted: Jan 21, 2021 at 9:33 Quote
billbek wrote:
husstler wrote:
Retirement? That's for quitters! I'm planning on dying on the job when I'm 93 ...

one way or another i'm done teaching at 60. i dont want to chuck liddell my legacy as a teacher.

Posted: Jan 21, 2021 at 10:23 Quote
obee1 wrote:
billbek wrote:
husstler wrote:

one way or another i'm done teaching at 60. i dont want to chuck liddell my legacy as a teacher.

Same plan here Obee.

Posted: Jan 21, 2021 at 10:41 Quote
billbek wrote:
husstler wrote:

Amen to both statements ! I love to work, almost like playing, except for dealing with employees !

Posted: Jan 21, 2021 at 10:53 Quote
I’ll retire... likely never. I honestly think I’ll die relatively young.

Posted: Jan 21, 2021 at 11:02 Quote
I can't remember who it was but there was some Democrat a few months back talking about how 65 shouldn't be the retirement age anymore because people live longer now than the used to... trying to flip up social security and keep people on the clock.

Posted: Jan 21, 2021 at 11:12 Quote
i heard that too....fine statement coming from a probable lifer politician with gov't retirement and healthcare...

it's s*hit like that I'd love to bookmark and see what they do at 65...lol... like all the people who were going to become expats if orange man got in...

no time for that though.,..too many of my own issues to track Rolleyes

Posted: Jan 21, 2021 at 11:19 Quote
onemanarmy wrote:
I’ll retire... likely never. I honestly think I’ll die relatively young.

real talk, i would suggest that you reflect on the theory of dying young and consider it a compliment to all that you have accomplished in life so far.
i've had a few dicussions with others who have confided in a similar theory about age expectations, and the resounding similarity amongst them was that they have been high functioning, all gas no brakes kinda people. which is my kinda people as well.
but thinking of it as "i'm burning the candle at both ends and i feel like i can anticipate my own demise sooner than later" is a form of famine thinking. i change that to feast thinking, and by that i mean, "i've got a lot done so far in this go round, and i still got a f*ck ton more to see, do and make, so i guess this time i'm gonna stick around longer and leave a legacy".
you do cool shit army, keep doing cool shit. for a long time at that.

Posted: Jan 21, 2021 at 11:23 Quote
Honestly, I want to die young... dying old is a shitty way to go. I never want to hit the point where my body is failing me and I can't enjoy life. Better to burn out than to fade away.

Posted: Jan 21, 2021 at 11:30 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
Honestly, I want to die young... dying old is a shitty way to go. I never want to hit the point where my body is failing me and I can't enjoy life. Better to burn out than to fade away.
There's a circle jerks song about that... Do you like circle jerks?

Posted: Jan 21, 2021 at 11:46 Quote
I never worried about dying old because I figured I'd always be able to take care of myself till I croak. too much to do and see still, especially with our kids...

wife and I were discussing this sh*t last night. with the recent bullsh*t I just went through, even being in pretty good health, there's a likelihood it will happen again at some point...maybe, maybe not...

If i get paralyzed I'm going to struggle but could most likely work things out. BUT....if I'm incapacitated and all f**ked up, eating through a straw and unable to wipe my own @$$.....then pull the plug or at least stand on the O2 tube for a bit until I crap out.

At least I feel good that if this (or anything) were to kill me, her and the kids will be set for life. Told her to sell the house, get one with a pool and find some young stud named Antonio for a pool guy....

told her I'm putting that sh*t in writing.....she wasn't to happy with me

Posted: Jan 21, 2021 at 11:50 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:
There's a circle jerks song about that... Do you like circle jerks?

depends on the cracker, but i also think neil young might have penned the phrase.

Posted: Jan 21, 2021 at 11:57 Quote
I always joke that my retirement plan is a long piece of rope and a tall tree. Every year that goes by, it becomes less and less of a joke.

Honestly though, once I am no longer productive or able to contribute anything, then I'd like to move on. I don't want to be some gnarled old man hanging on to life with nothing to do all day but bitch about how good things were "back in my day".

Posted: Jan 21, 2021 at 12:04 Quote
At this point I'm in the never be able to retire clan unless some grand windfall is bestowed upon me by some miracle... cause thats what it would take... lol

Posted: Jan 21, 2021 at 12:16 Quote
This is all I’ve been thinking about, I want to see my kids reach a age where they don’t need me and have life of their own. Any bonus time after would be just bonus .

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.022598
Mobile Version of Website