Oh shit 26, that sucks.

Posted: Jan 21, 2021 at 22:42 Quote
Heal up 26!

Chef might have a tasty rub to put on those ribs tup lol

Posted: Jan 21, 2021 at 22:46 Quote
mysticmountainadventures wrote:
Heal up 26!

Chef might have a tasty rub to put on those ribs tup lol

lol No, def no rib rubs. The Dr was killing me during the exam, pressing right where they’re broken, “ does this hurt?” Hell yeah it does! Thanks guys.

Posted: Jan 21, 2021 at 23:05 Quote
Gawd that sounds painful... heal up mang!

Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 0:25 Quote
bowness8 wrote:
shredb4dead wrote:

Lots outside of the major centres in the south okanagan (never really looked in the North ok) are pretty darn affordable... but...

1. It means driving everywhere unless you’re a home body
2. They do get four to five months of winter

Vernon is perfect for me. I'm a home body, nothing I really need to go into a shop for is more than 1 hour away and the Kelowna airport is only 20-25mins from me if I need to get away.

Add to that riding here, Kamloops, Revy, Penticton and so on is awesome.
All under 2 hours away.

If shopping, fine dining, major sporting events and access to live concerts is your thing look elsewhere or start driving. lol

Oh yeah, didn't snow until Dec 20/2020. Plus it hasn't dropped below -11 degrees celsius so far and that -11 lasted 2 days. Very mild winter. It's been hovering around zero (plus or minus 4 degrees) for a month now. If this lasts riding at lower elevations on dirt should happen... mid February?

-8 degrees right now. Feels so cold! lol lol lol

Where's the love for Kelowna?

Nobody loves Kelowna. It's the place you drive through to get to the better locations. Take the white sunglasses off and look around, you'll see it. Razz lol

Kamloops gets a bad rap for being an dusty dry baron looking place but I don't mind it. That desert-tee-ish area between Tobiano to Cash Creek is beautiful to my eye. Not sure if that's considered Kamloops by that point but great area in any case.

Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 4:42 Quote
Twenty6ers4life wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Circle Jerks! Rad.

That looks like a slam 26’rs!!! Reading your post at first i was like wait he ate shit that hard climbing? lol

Whoa bro, I can’t laugh! Stop it. I was bombing the run until my front wheel caught a rain rut caught and tucked the front wheel and sent me flying into a 2’ in diameter boulder with a sharp edge at speed. Took me awhile to get up and I had to walk a couple miles to get back to the car. Doc says there are a couple sharp edges sticking out where they’re broke so I need to be careful not to puncture my lung or liver. Luckily a buddy of mine helped me out on the way back to the car. And yeah Jamezyo, yeah I’ve unfortunately been here before and broken ribs definitely suck. I’m currently stuck on the couch and can’t get up. I’ll have to call the wife for some help when I try to relocate to the bedroom.

dang 26.....that's rough....heal fast man....

and you should know not to get Sterl started. you flat out handed that man make-you-laugh ammo when you mentioned 'calling for help when relocating to the bathroom'.

gotta start thinking further ahead bro...maybe it's the meds

Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 5:26 Quote
adm750 wrote:
Twenty6ers4life wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Circle Jerks! Rad.

That looks like a slam 26’rs!!! Reading your post at first i was like wait he ate shit that hard climbing? lol

Whoa bro, I can’t laugh! Stop it. I was bombing the run until my front wheel caught a rain rut caught and tucked the front wheel and sent me flying into a 2’ in diameter boulder with a sharp edge at speed. Took me awhile to get up and I had to walk a couple miles to get back to the car. Doc says there are a couple sharp edges sticking out where they’re broke so I need to be careful not to puncture my lung or liver. Luckily a buddy of mine helped me out on the way back to the car. And yeah Jamezyo, yeah I’ve unfortunately been here before and broken ribs definitely suck. I’m currently stuck on the couch and can’t get up. I’ll have to call the wife for some help when I try to relocate to the bedroom.

and you should know not to get Sterl started. you flat out handed that man make-you-laugh ammo when you mentioned 'calling for help when relocating to the bathroom'.

Norco will do that to you . . . LOL

Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 5:49 Quote
ATV25 wrote:
adm750 wrote:
Twenty6ers4life wrote:

Norco will do that to you . . . LOL

29" wheels for life!
Big Grin

Hope you heal up quick... That looks nasty.

Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 6:15 Quote
Damn, damaged ribs suck. Have had more than my fair share. Take it easy. Its been years for me, not sure what they do now, but a light strapping helped for moving about.

Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 6:18 Quote
Heal up 26er!!!! Hope you can pass the time easy, heal up and pin it again!

Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 6:41 Quote
urinalmint wrote:
The South Okanagan is too damn hot for this guy and probably a bit too far from the kids. Kelowna is just a shit show. I really like Vernon. The wife likes Kamloops more and I'd be ok living there.

Ok so I just looked out of curiosity and the average summer temps in Vernon, Kamloops, and Penticton are more or less the same.

Agreed on Kelowna... it just feels huge, with none of the benefits and all of the shit that comes with being huge. For me the loops and vermin have been feeling really BIG too... maybe that's just the hermit in me... and i suppose big cities can be awesome too in their own big city way... except kelowna... not much redeeming there lol

Check out Salmon Arm and Sicamous.

Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 8:16 Quote
jamezyo wrote:
swan3609 wrote:
Saw update.. Bought a 066 and 362 for 700 bones.. Buddy is already begging me to sell him the 066 for 600 and I'll retain usage rights anytime I want.. Can't beat a 362 for 100 in that case!
Damn that’s a rad deal. Good on ya!
They are both rad saws .

Been running a buddies woods ported 362 with a 28" on it for the last 3 days.. Granted we are all in tight second grown pine and fur and it's all under 24".

But I was very happy with the 362 and actually though it cut better than the stock 461 I also ran while being lighter. So while my ego says I need a 70-80cc saw, I was actually really happy with the 362 purchase.. I am already going down the rabbit hole of researching muffler mods and porting and polish techniques..

26 dude.. I am 28 and I am too old for broken ribs. Hope you heal up dude. No sneezing or laughing.

Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 8:20 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Gawd that sounds painful... heal up mang!

It’s a lot of pain, but nothing like your leg I’m sure man. But thanks Ster and everyone else.

Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 8:25 Quote
harperrider wrote:
urinalmint wrote:
The South Okanagan is too damn hot for this guy and probably a bit too far from the kids. Kelowna is just a shit show. I really like Vernon. The wife likes Kamloops more and I'd be ok living there.

Ok so I just looked out of curiosity and the average summer temps in Vernon, Kamloops, and Penticton are more or less the same.

Agreed on Kelowna... it just feels huge, with none of the benefits and all of the shit that comes with being huge. For me the loops and vermin have been feeling really BIG too... maybe that's just the hermit in me... and i suppose big cities can be awesome too in their own big city way... except kelowna... not much redeeming there lol

Check out Salmon Arm and Sicamous.

Also very nice towns.
The Blind Bay area right near Sorrento is very nice as well but would mean a drive into Salmon Arm (25-30mins) for larger grocery stores and such.
Sicamous is great too but small and definitely more out of the way. Not sure I would want to deal with all the houseboat party people all summer.

Close but just out on the edge of town is what I’m all about. Reasonable amount of wheel time to what I need. I’m 20mins outside of Vernon city centre right on the city border. Perfect.

Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 8:25 Quote
adm750 wrote:
Twenty6ers4life wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Circle Jerks! Rad.

lol IKR. I’m on the throne right now and it absolutely not gonna happen. I had 2 glasses of prune juice already too! 1 with the meds and one early this morning and my bidet squirting warm water up my ass. No way I can even push with the jacked up ribs.

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.023236
Mobile Version of Website