Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
O+
Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 8:27 Quote
swan3609 wrote:
jamezyo wrote:
swan3609 wrote:
Saw update.. Bought a 066 and 362 for 700 bones.. Buddy is already begging me to sell him the 066 for 600 and I'll retain usage rights anytime I want.. Can't beat a 362 for 100 in that case!
Damn that’s a rad deal. Good on ya!
They are both rad saws .

Been running a buddies woods ported 362 with a 28" on it for the last 3 days.. Granted we are all in tight second grown pine and fur and it's all under 24".

But I was very happy with the 362 and actually though it cut better than the stock 461 I also ran while being lighter. So while my ego says I need a 70-80cc saw, I was actually really happy with the 362 purchase.. I am already going down the rabbit hole of researching muffler mods and porting and polish techniques..

26 dude.. I am 28 and I am too old for broken ribs. Hope you heal up dude. No sneezing or laughing.
My ms361!is my fave saw. Homemade Dual port muffler and tune. Light enough to run all day. It will do everything I need it to do just not as fast as the pimped 91cc .
I love saws!!!
Need to get into some wood today!

Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 8:28 Quote
Rib injuries suck, fast healing vibes with no soft tissue tear karma sent.

O+
Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 8:33 Quote
jamezyo wrote:
Heal up 26er!!!! Hope you can pass the time easy, heal up and pin it again!

Thanks again man. That’s the plan, but the first thing the wife says to me when She was driving me to urgent care is she wants me to get rid of all my bikes! Dirt bike, Supermoto and mountain bikes! I said don’t even go there woman, it ain’t gonna happen, just slow down for the dips.

O+
Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 8:34 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
Rib injuries suck, fast healing vibes with no soft tissue tear karma sent.

tup Thanks bro!

Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 8:39 Quote
Twenty6ers4life wrote:
Whoa bro, I can’t laugh! Stop it. I was bombing the run until my front wheel caught a rain rut caught and tucked the front wheel and sent me flying into a 2’ in diameter boulder with a sharp edge at speed.

Maybe 29" wheel would not have caught?

O+
Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 9:14 Quote
Axxe wrote:
Twenty6ers4life wrote:
Whoa bro, I can’t laugh! Stop it. I was bombing the run until my front wheel caught a rain rut caught and tucked the front wheel and sent me flying into a 2’ in diameter boulder with a sharp edge at speed.

Maybe 29" wheel would not have caught?

Na, nothing was going to save that crash. It wasn’t the bike, it was me. I just got too far offline. It was bound to happen, since I was riding on the edge. I was feeling it, until I wasn’t. I could see the rock coming too, it was an oh shit this is going to hurt moment.

Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 10:35 Quote
Twenty6ers4life wrote:

lol IKR. I’m on the throne right now and it absolutely not gonna happen. I had 2 glasses of prune juice already too! 1 with the meds and one early this morning and my bidet squirting warm water up my ass. No way I can even push with the jacked up ribs.

aaaaawwwwww man.... errybody stand back. dis bout ta be a paint peeler.............. Eek

O+
Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 10:55 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
harperrider wrote:
mysticmountainadventures wrote:
Ok so I just looked out of curiosity and the average summer temps in Vernon, Kamloops, and Penticton are more or less the same.

Agreed on Kelowna... it just feels huge, with none of the benefits and all of the shit that comes with being huge. For me the loops and vermin have been feeling really BIG too... maybe that's just the hermit in me... and i suppose big cities can be awesome too in their own big city way... except kelowna... not much redeeming there lol

Check out Salmon Arm and Sicamous.

Also very nice towns.
The Blind Bay area right near Sorrento is very nice as well but would mean a drive into Salmon Arm (25-30mins) for larger grocery stores and such.
Sicamous is great too but small and definitely more out of the way. Not sure I would want to deal with all the houseboat party people all summer.

Close but just out on the edge of town is what I’m all about. Reasonable amount of wheel time to what I need. I’m 20mins outside of Vernon city centre right on the city border. Perfect.
Interesting jake, I would've thought anything Penticton or further south would be hotter. I sure seemed that way when I was there but I'm a pussy when it comes to heat. Kamloops would be no better but you gotta keep the lady happy.

We drove over to Blind Bay last summer and checked it out. It's on the list as well. Haven't done any recon around Salmon Arm or Sicamous yet. The one place we missed out on was actually between Salmon Arm and Falkland. It was a couple acres with a decent house but most of all a huge shop and it had a creek running through the property. It was on Kijiji and by the time I called the guy it was sold.

26 I feel your pain. I cased a step up a few years ago and cracked a couple ribs. The first week was so painful that I couldn't sleep. And getting in or out of my truck took about ten minutes. Two weeks later I was hiking again and I back on the bike after just over a month. Heal up quick bud.

O+
Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 11:06 Quote
You need the poo juice.

I'm talking strong coffee.

O+
Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 11:12 Quote
Whenever you're prescribed pain meds... ask of a lactulose prescription too Salute

Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 11:13 Quote
Gunna need to do a manual buddy.. lol

Heal up 26

Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 11:22 Quote
lol IKR. I’m on the throne right now and it absolutely not gonna happen. I had 2 glasses of prune juice already too! 1 with the meds and one early this morning and my bidet squirting warm water up my ass. No way I can even push with the jacked up ribs.[/Quote]

i felt bad for you until you mention the bidet. bloody richie rich on the thread. i bet you owned a green machine while all the other kids f*cked round on big wheels

since we are on topic,
i took such a massive shit this morning i wrote a haiku about it.

what a massive shit
could fit a spare tire in my ass
frog jumping in pond

Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 11:27 Quote
Had shits that felt like I dropped anchor

Must say, my G-spot loves a good turd

O+
Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 11:34 Quote
Soupherb wrote:
Gunna need to do a manual buddy.. lol

Whoa! Generous offer to help a brother out Soup Eek

Nothing to see here... just friends helping friends lol lol lol

Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 11:38 Quote
obee1 wrote:
i felt bad for you until you mention the bidet. bloody richie rich on the thread. i bet you owned a green machine while all the other kids f*cked round on big wheels

since we are on topic,
i took such a massive shit this morning i wrote a haiku about it.

what a massive shit
could fit a spare tire in my ass
frog jumping in pond

lol lol lol

....the frog....

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.071658
Mobile Version of Website