GPS: "in 100 yards...turn left...."

driver turns in 98.... Facepalm

Posted: Feb 23, 2021 at 5:50 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
PACNW-MTB wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
I know you are... but whaddameye?

I SO wanted to post that in the Nazi thread! Woulda been fitting. lol

Turd Reich? Is that still going? How many times has he reposted OP?

lost count........let's just say that dude is special....

Posted: Feb 23, 2021 at 6:51 Quote
that moto video was awesome. the band nebula is a perfect fit. stoner rock FTW.

that van is awesome, and the painter of it is making me a little jealous.

now i wanna paint a tunnel too.

Posted: Feb 23, 2021 at 7:10 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Sick brappage from our own Mr. Rey!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_AgnVKA7yRc&feature=youtu.be

holy shit, I'd be dead.... man, they got maaaad skillz..... Eek

Posted: Feb 23, 2021 at 7:36 Quote
adm750 wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:

A good friend of mine, his son, rides with Josh & Justin Hill. Their father is Monte Hill he was a top notch BMX freestyle rider back in the day. Let's just say it's hereditary !

Posted: Feb 23, 2021 at 7:45 Quote
ATV25 wrote:
adm750 wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:

A good friend of mine, his son, rides with Josh & Justin Hill. Their father is Monte Hill he was a top notch BMX freestyle rider back in the day. Let's just say it's hereditary !

its like the dad began his own freeride farm and the crop was in his nutsack.

Posted: Feb 23, 2021 at 8:04 Quote
definitely LOL'd at that Obee... lol

Posted: Feb 23, 2021 at 9:46 Quote
obee1 wrote:
ATV25 wrote:

Some dudes on Facebook the other day were vehemently arguing that the only thing that separates pros from novices is the amount of time spent practicing... lol

No amount of explaining could get these chuckle heads to understand that they were way off and that there's a natural talent to two wheeled activity that some people have that you can never learn through practice.

Posted: Feb 23, 2021 at 10:08 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
greywolf999 wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:

Now THAT was a cool video! Everything about that was awesome, right down to the soundtrack!

So rad...Makes me want to ride...

Me too! I haven’t been on my Moto in ages, although I wouldn’t be doing any of the shit those guys were doing. I’m too old and the consequences are too big.

Posted: Feb 23, 2021 at 10:11 Quote
PACNW-MTB wrote:
Riyadh wrote:
obee1 wrote:
that coyotes ability to paint tunnels is the most under appreciated art memory of my childhood.

It has been celebrated, even tho sort lived

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3w6nyi

I can just hear that drivers' statement, "But officer, I tawt I taw a putty cat".

lol lol lol Too funny!

Posted: Feb 23, 2021 at 10:38 Quote
Yes BB. I am coordinated. I can ski, ride a bike and drive better than the average person. I have some skill and lots of practice. It is nothing to pass a Lambo or a Ferarri on the sea to sky highway, even when they are trying hard, even in my pick up truck.

That makes me a good driver. But I don't even compare to a pro race driver. I have lots of practice and I try, but I'm not a great driver. It's all just too fast for me. Maybe if my parents had put me behind the wheel at 3 years old. But I think that I just don't have what it takes for pro driving, was not born with it. My conservatism, and care make me the Petty of fixture design and fooling shitty software into doing what I want - being a machinist.

Further to that, I wanted to be a scientist or engineer, to the point of going to Uni for physics, chem and engineering. But I hated it. Got top marks, but hated it. When I dropped out, I did not know what to do next and my parents pointed me at machining.

And it was like throwing a fish into the water. I loved it, excelled at it, and later, only later, learned that my grandpa had been a crackerjack machinist.

I have a hunch that genetics play a big role in what we are good at. Natural talent is real.

Posted: Feb 23, 2021 at 10:39 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
obee1 wrote:
ATV25 wrote:

Some dudes on Facebook the other day were vehemently arguing that the only thing that separates pros from novices is the amount of time spent practicing... lol

No amount of explaining could get these chuckle heads to understand that they were way off and that there's a natural talent to two wheeled activity that some people have that you can never learn through practice.

Ha! I got my first moto at age 6 spent a ton of time as a kid riding... my homie that was good at everything got one when we were a bit older like early 20’s... i had far more skill than him... he left me in the dust from day one on...

Posted: Feb 23, 2021 at 10:55 Quote
Yeah natural tallent/genetics is a thing for sure. Local XC racer his dad was a moto racer before and the kid has always been super fast. I have another buddy who is super fit rides all the time and is really damn fast but an ex pro we know will smoke him on any downhill even though he rides half as much.

Parents who throw huge dollars at their kids to get them to be pro is always laughable.

Posted: Feb 23, 2021 at 11:14 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
obee1 wrote:
ATV25 wrote:

And that is what happens when you are raised being told and believing that, “Everybody is equal and you can be whatever you put your mind to” and enter the real world with walls adorned with participation “awards”.

Sad times indeed.

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.024000
Mobile Version of Website