Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Feb 26, 2021 at 12:06 Quote
adm750 wrote:
sorry you're having so many challenges Ster.....

loved the "dying alligator" part..... I know that feeling well Confused

Its ok... soon... very soon I shall find the sun...

Posted: Feb 26, 2021 at 14:13 Quote
Shit Sterling, that sucks to have someone do work for you and then having to redo.

I'm having a pretty good week.
Went for a rip on my new Trek Rail this morning, winter trails are super packed down and rideable on regular tires. So much fun, crossing fingers I'll be on dirt in a month.
Took the braap machine out on Tuesday and had a killer day, found 3-4' deep snow. To much to snowboard, couldn't ride tandem with that much pow. It took 6 pulls to get to the top of a slope that is usually is dooable with 2 guys on my sled. Coulda used some turbo power.....

Posted: Feb 26, 2021 at 16:24 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
So sketchy...

I actually will bet that insert is the most structural part of that whole frame.. The attachments from the insert to frame is sketchy.. And the carbon fiber/fiberglass wrapping isn't really doing that much I'd bet.

If I was going to do sketchy thing like this... I'd do that insert and find someone that is a good aluminum welder and heat treat the frame afterwords...

But I ride my stuff hard enough that I probably wouldn't trust a garage hack job like this.

Posted: Feb 26, 2021 at 16:32 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
So sketchy...

That's the new SC hybrid......

Posted: Feb 26, 2021 at 16:32 Quote
awesome little vid from the home page

Posted: Feb 26, 2021 at 16:38 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
So sketchy...

Yeah... nope

Posted: Feb 26, 2021 at 18:05 Quote
swan3609 wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:
So sketchy...

I actually will bet that insert is the most structural part of that whole frame.. The attachments from the insert to frame is sketchy.. And the carbon fiber/fiberglass wrapping isn't really doing that much I'd bet.

If I was going to do sketchy thing like this... I'd do that insert and find someone that is a good aluminum welder and heat treat the frame afterwords...

But I ride my stuff hard enough that I probably wouldn't trust a garage hack job like this.

Nah, you'd hit up a buddy at a Santa Cruz dealer for a decent price on a replacement frame part.

Posted: Feb 26, 2021 at 18:52 Quote
mysticmountainadventures wrote:

That made me miss the '80s !!! LOL Tuff Wheels were the sh*t, I work 1/2 mile from the old Skyway factory.

Posted: Feb 26, 2021 at 20:42 Quote
Sterling, if the fuel pump ever dies in my truck, I want you to come up here and cut a hole in the box so I can access it! Talk about good aim! A lot of guys with old Chevy's like mine cut access holes in the box. Easier to get to the pump that way than it is to try to drop the tank, usually due to rust.

Also, totally agree, if you want something done right, you gotta do it yourself!

Posted: Feb 27, 2021 at 4:47 Quote
ATV25 wrote:
mysticmountainadventures wrote:

That made me miss the '80s !!! LOL Tuff Wheels were the sh*t, I work 1/2 mile from the old Skyway factory.

we used to try diligently to break 'em. Never happened. Broke lots of other shit though lol lol

Posted: Feb 27, 2021 at 8:12 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
So sketchy...
Looks like something my wife would do....

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.022200
Mobile Version of Website