Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Apr 7, 2021 at 20:28 Quote
I dig muscle cars, all of them. Actually make that anything with power, love the feeling of getting slammed back into the seat.
Went on a road trip a few years ago with a buddy in his Cummins custom twin Turbo. My face hurt from smiling so much every time he passed someone.
I don't know if I could be mature enough to own a high hp car, probably lose my liscence.

Posted: Apr 7, 2021 at 20:35 Quote
d-man wrote:
ATV25 wrote:
Here in town we had a crack head steel a pickup, cops tried to pull him over he started shooting at them with a rifle. A pursuit followed where he crashed into another vehicle got out with the rifle as he was running away shooting at the cops they put him down . . . Yes, people are already questioning the force used by the authorities. Where are people's heads at ? I can not understand why someone would think the officers were in the wrong. This world has gone NUTS

I hear ya It's stupidity! if you shoot at someone you sure as shit better expect to get shot back at.
That was the thing with the Breonna Taylor bullshit... he boyfriend opened fire on the cops and people were pissed that they returned fire and she got hit. Like, what the f*ck were they supposed to do, just stand in the hallway and get shot?

Posted: Apr 7, 2021 at 20:38 Quote
d-man wrote:
I dig muscle cars, all of them. Actually make that anything with power, love the feeling of getting slammed back into the seat.
Went on a road trip a few years ago with a buddy in his Cummins custom twin Turbo. My face hurt from smiling so much every time he passed someone.
I don't know if I could be mature enough to own a high hp car, probably lose my liscence.
I relate to this deeply... my truck has enough power to get me in trouble. My buddy bought a Challenger wide body and I took it out for a spin, hot damn... I'd for sure get into trouble with that thing driving it daily.

Posted: Apr 7, 2021 at 20:55 Quote
obee1 wrote:

tough choice.

Both great but I’d go with Rogan’s 65.

Posted: Apr 7, 2021 at 20:57 Quote
obee1 wrote:
mysticmountainadventures wrote:
Ok... I just read a social media post from someone apologizing for using the word “adventure” due to its association with privilege and colonialism.

I believe in being sensitive with language and to an audience... but wow Eek

hahaha we gotcha jake. second grumpy "whats wrong with people" post in one week.
fully fosillized fella.
Big Grin

I hear ya

For what it’s worth he’s a good person and does a lot for the community... I think I was taken aback by the notion of depriving oneself of a word that (as far as I know) has never been used in a hurtful context, especially not by him. He deserves the joy that “exploring” or “adventure” bring (in their joyous context, not whatever their new definitions are).

Posted: Apr 7, 2021 at 20:59 Quote
Douches in Corvette tan sleeved leather football jackets and snap back ball caps is why I’m turned off to Vette’s. Although the new one looks good.

Posted: Apr 7, 2021 at 21:18 Quote
whoadragon wrote:
Nope and nope. Easy choice! Lol.

Honestly can't say why I hate vettes. Maybe the usual super douche bag drivers. Mostly I don't like any of the styling . Maybe the old splits. Maybe a 69 or 70. That's it.

But I will say......for the most part every civic and stupid subie with fart can here in my city irk me more than any goofy vette owner now.

There are a few tuner kids that have put money and effort into the car. A few BMW's. A nice tuner Nissan. A couple right hand drives and rarer models for around here.

But every f*ckin civic has three or five diff colors on it and a fart can with a sticker in the window that says: built not bought.

Wtf. It's a 300 dollar car you f*cking tool.

Jim-bob fake certified it in a shed. He then sprayed it in the same shed . They keep the goats in that shed usually. The course hair in the paint tells me so.

His wife hauled the kids to hockey in it for 10 years. She also drove it 75 km to work on a gravel road every day of the week.

Except for Tuesdays. She was off Tuesdays. Tuesday she drove to her mom's up in the valley. Another 100km round trip on potholed backroads .

Then his three toothed wonky eyed daughter inherited the family car after grandma died and mom got the Buick from the estate.

She commuted to her job on the highway gas station putting another 231,432 km on it in 7 years, for for grand total of 445, 328 km on the OD .

He then sold the pos to you as a well maintained daily driver off his front lawn with a cardboard sign that said " Good car 4 sale" $1800 Obo.

f*ck.

f*ck you Joey in the five shades of retard civic.

f*ck .

LOL man you got this spot on! I want to show this post to some of my coworkers, it will definitely get some laughs!

Posted: Apr 7, 2021 at 23:14 Quote
obee1 wrote:
Ok... I just read a social media post from someone apologizing for using the word “adventure” due to its association with privilege and colonialism.

I believe in being sensitive with language and to an audience... but wow Eek

hahaha we gotcha jake. second grumpy "whats wrong with people" post in one week.
fully fosillized fella.
Big Grin

I hear ya

For what it’s worth he’s a good person and does a lot for the community... I think I was taken aback by the notion of depriving oneself of a word that (as far as I know) has never been used in a hurtful context, especially not by him. He deserves the joy that “exploring” or “adventure” bring (in their joyous context, not whatever their new definitions are).

I read that post on ig and all I could think of is that the fact that he has so “intellectualized” his thoughts that he is actually being racist for looking down on the people he is supposedly trying not to offend.

Posted: Apr 7, 2021 at 23:29 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
d-man wrote:
I relate to this deeply... my truck has enough power to get me in trouble. My buddy bought a Challenger wide body and I took it out for a spin, hot damn... I'd for sure get into trouble with that thing driving it daily.

My built forester was only 350hp, and with the short gearing, it only did 129mph eating the ketchup.. But man it was so snappy quick.. It would stoplight 0-60 in under 5 seconds and it would 0-100 in like 10 seconds.

But it had an exhaust cutout and it would scream and pop and shoot flames and it was so much fun to drive like an a*shole.. I was lucky that my only ticket was 74 in a 65. But I had been doing 95+ just seconds before. When I ended up paying $400+ to make sure that ticket didn't go on my CDL, I quickly decided that I didn't need a car that was so much fun to drive like an f*ckface.

Posted: Apr 8, 2021 at 0:41 Quote
My friend bought a well cared for low mileage C6 Vette. LS3. Stick. Yellow. I thought I would hate it, but it is actually quite nice.

Posted: Apr 8, 2021 at 5:58 Quote
man....just caught up on all the activities...LMAO. I'll never look at a cup of tea the same way again lol lol

on the Vette subject. We had an '89. Bought it for my wife as a birthday/xmas present on year. It was her daily when we lived in Fla.

2-owner car with 62k on the clock when we got it. Red on red with the L98 and an auto. (wasn't a fan of an auto at first but it was for her and she liked it) and the 3.08 performance rear gear. I worked at a shop when we owned it so maintaining it was easy and excessive.

over the years we had it, I did multiple mods to it for her. Cut out the airbox lid, fit a K&N air filter, added stainless brake lines all corners and Performance Friction pads. Installed new ZR-1 brakes up front (rears are the same), a deep transmission oil pan, low-temp cooling fan switch, Livewires ignition cables, and an adjustable fuel pressure regulator. Fresh Bilsteins kept it taught, and she rolled on 315/35-17's Eagle GS-C's front and rear. I was running Michelin XGTZ's but with the rains in Fla, you absolutely could not run that car over 55 on the highway without some really scary surfing. The GS-C's gave up a little dry grip but cured that hydroplaning bullshit.

The convertors were failing, so I took the front Y-pipe to the race shop next door, popped the heat shields off the cats, cut them down the middle, removed the substrate, then my dude welded the cats back together and spot welded the heatshields back on. I pulled the main big center convertor off and knocked all the substrate out of it as well then added a pair of Flowmaster mufflers to the back end.

She drove the shit out of that car, but with me having a shop available, it was ultra maintained. Mobile 1 every 3K, front pads every 5K, (pads and rotors every 10k till I installed the ZR1 stuff), rear pads every 10k. Brake system was flushed at every pad change. Trans fluid, diff oil, and power steering fluid changed every 10K. It was so well timed, that I'd go through all the fluids when I was changing the rear brakes. Not to mention the repairs, like new trans tailshaft housing, completely rebuilding the rear end - bearings, driveshaft and halfshaft u-joints, new OEM p/s rack, the list goes on...new rubber every 30k like clockwork. I'd even check the alignment in between tire changes but it rarely needed adjustment. She wore the tires even all the way across - that car never ever had an odd wear pattern on the tires.

We'd do a roadtrip to Ohio every October in that car to see Jan's family. Right at 11100 miles door to door. We'd do that trip in a teeny tiny tick under 13 hours with stops. And that car would pull down 28 mpg doing it. That f**king car was awesome.....

Posted: Apr 8, 2021 at 8:17 Quote
I’m having a major problem with spokes loosing off on my 27.5 roval real wheel.
Like 7-8 were spaghetti. I haven’t put that many km on bike since I had wheels touched in fall.
Under 100 km I’m sure . Think it’s time to get rid of the stock rims.
Cromag ba is a affordable wheel set.
Was also looking at nobl carbon ii wheels .
Think I’m staying alloy.
With limited supply this year not a good time to be blowing up wheels

Posted: Apr 8, 2021 at 8:34 Quote
jamezyo wrote:
With limited supply this year not a good time to be blowing up wheels

I went to inserts this year for just this reason.

Posted: Apr 8, 2021 at 8:40 Quote
I actually went with double down casing this year just to make sure I have a tire that will survive especially if there is limited supply.

Posted: Apr 8, 2021 at 8:56 Quote
I did full dh casing last year and I’m still rolling on them (Bontrager G5). Stoked on the decision... I’m sure they’re hard as plastic, but at least the side knobs aren’t all torn off and they lasted more than twelve weeks.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.039929
Mobile Version of Website