Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Apr 8, 2021 at 11:36 Quote
husstler wrote:
Ahahaha, no wonder Sam Hill thought the Calgary world cup race sucked, it was at COP
and it pissed rain all day Saturday, I rode the course at 7:30 am on Sunday and reported to the UCI commisaires that yes it was safe to race on but that there would be lots of get offs as the rocks got filled with slippery mud on top!

It was a fun Volunteer gig!

Posted: Apr 8, 2021 at 11:53 Quote
https://carbuzz.com/news/lightweight-bmw-m2-finale-edition-comes-with-700-hp

holy shit. this looks brilliant.
so how come this m2 comes with normal sized kidney beans when the grills on many of the other new releases look so unbelievably stupid?

Posted: Apr 8, 2021 at 12:12 Quote
trying to be like Audi Obee....

Big grille openings are the new hot item, and the fact that Audi was chasing us hard for years. Look at Vulva... This bullshit is no surprise. Their cooling systems are incredibly complicated but unimaginably efficient. The thermostat on my E39 wagon wouldn't even open on my one hour commute home in the colder temps, and I drove that car HARD.

So I'm not all about the " ...you need bigger openings for these higher output engines...." line of shite.... it's all just marketing hype.

No Hofmeister kink - nothing else matters - that car is dead to me.

Posted: Apr 8, 2021 at 12:21 Quote
jerome wrote:
Hans Dampf???? worst tire I have ever had. I ripped knobs on those tires in 2 seconds!
went back to Maxxis DHF no comparison

ah faaaack...Confused I read good and bad reviews, but a lot of good. Probably not from shredding sultans like you guys though Facepalm

They were a good deal, but DHF's and DHR's would have been my go to. Those were just too far our of budget at the time. So far they've been durable and figured some of the shit i've put them through would have cut a lesser tire to shreds. So that's a plus. Just not confidence inspiring.

saving my sheckles for the next pair though.

Posted: Apr 8, 2021 at 12:25 Quote
On Assegai 2.5 Maxterra exo front and high roller 2.5 dd with tannus rear right now. Only had the insert in for 2 rides but really like it. Good thing to have on a hardtail. Couldn’t stomach the overall weight of the cushcore so chose tannus. Like you all, I’m looking to keep spares around... chains and cables are on my list!

Posted: Apr 8, 2021 at 12:39 Quote
Stick to what I know and trust, avoid f*cking with contact points as much as possible here

Heavy rubber lover ..make of that what you will, coz ya gonna anyhows!

510’s are dead , not happy about that

Posted: Apr 8, 2021 at 12:52 Quote
adm750 wrote:
trying to be like Audi Obee....

Big grille openings are the new hot item, and the fact that Audi was chasing us hard for years. Look at Vulva... This bullshit is no surprise. Their cooling systems are incredibly complicated but unimaginably efficient. The thermostat on my E39 wagon wouldn't even open on my one hour commute home in the colder temps, and I drove that car HARD.

So I'm not all about the " ...you need bigger openings for these higher output engines...." line of shite.... it's all just marketing hype.

No Hofmeister kink - nothing else matters - that car is dead to me.

i think both of us are invested enough in the world of auto to know that big grilles aren't necessarily new, but this grille is what happens when a trend is being followed without the dogs on a leash. so to speak.
i reflect back on subaru and mitsubishi engaging in "who can make the most badass rally car" ten ish years ago as the renaissance of optical air intake details in the fronts of cars, and its organically grown throughout the industry.
the worst thing in automotives, imho, are the fake intakes. like the one on the hood of the tacoma. how could such a great car company stick a piece of shit like that on what could very well be the best truck ever made?
gross either way.

Posted: Apr 8, 2021 at 13:49 Quote
The hans damf is a good tire are long as you aren't pushing to hard in flat corners. If you lean it over it has grip until it doesn't and you are on the ground.

Running Assegai front EXO+ with DHF DD rear

Posted: Apr 8, 2021 at 14:15 Quote
The Hans was the worst tire I ever used... decent traction but it wore out faster than paper mache in a rain storm and pedaled like shit. Will never buy again.

Dissector has been great as a rear tire in terms of traction and pedaling but is wearing a bit faster than I'd like... was solid as a front tire except with hard, late braking.

I wanna give the Teravail Kessel a go and see how it does next time I switch tires.

Posted: Apr 8, 2021 at 14:22 Quote
mtbman1980 wrote:
The hans damf is a good tire are long as you aren't pushing to hard in flat corners. If you lean it over it has grip until it doesn't and you are on the ground.

much to my dismay I've "noticed" this on more than one occasion lol lol Facepalm

badbadleroybrown wrote:
The Hans was the worst tire I ever used... decent traction but it wore out faster than paper mache in a rain storm and pedaled like shit. Will never buy again.

Dissector has been great as a rear tire in terms of traction and pedaling but is wearing a bit faster than I'd like... was solid as a front tire except with hard, late braking.

I wanna give the Teravail Kessel a go and see how it does next time I switch tires.

I believe my riding homie grabbed Teravails for his new Lenz....

Posted: Apr 8, 2021 at 14:37 Quote
pretty sure the meme goes

Friends don't let friends ride Shwalbe

they were expensive, slow rolling, and on wet rocks and roots had even less traction than Kenda's notorious stick-e compound...

Kenda - We somehow made a rubber tire slipperier han a greased pig

Shwalbe - hold my beer lol

Posted: Apr 8, 2021 at 14:45 Quote
lol lol lol

lesson learned my friend.... Wink

Posted: Apr 8, 2021 at 14:55 Quote
adm750 wrote:
agreed.... tup

holy shit, its like the internet is watching us.

carbuzz just posted this, how peculiar.

https://carbuzz.com/news/audi-wont-argue-with-bmw-ms-latest-decision

Posted: Apr 8, 2021 at 15:15 Quote
obee1 wrote:
adm750 wrote:
agreed.... tup

holy shit, its like the internet is watching us.

carbuzz just posted this, how peculiar.

https://carbuzz.com/news/audi-wont-argue-with-bmw-ms-latest-decision

big brother... Eek

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.040749
Mobile Version of Website