Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Apr 14, 2021 at 17:57 Quote
whoadragon wrote:
onemanarmy wrote:
OK. So I happened to drop a hint to my brother that if a DJ frame landed in my garage I wouldn't say no. We have a brand new pump track here and I want to start taking the kids down there and working some fat off my gut. My Chameleon is fine for it but I figured you know... if one fell on my lap I wouldn't turn it down.

Well it sounds like he might have a silver Jackal frame for me.

So I'm left to colors. Do I do everything on it black or have a little fun and do a metallic purple lower. purple pedals. Purple stem. Red would be easiest but I'm tired of red.

And you machinist guys... how hard would it be to rig up a lever say on my seat post to control and external dropper?

A dropper for a DJ?

I know it's weird but I like to pedal to pump track. And a couple different people will likely be riding this so figure it'd be easier to alter seat height.

Posted: Apr 14, 2021 at 17:58 Quote
Gasp.......

Just put a quick release on it and scribe the post.....

Gasp.......

Posted: Apr 14, 2021 at 18:00 Quote
Plus slam the seat.......all the way. Mine almost buzzes the tire. Way better out of the way.

Especially for a full on pumptrack with jumps and gaps.

Posted: Apr 14, 2021 at 18:04 Quote
whoadragon wrote:
Gasp.......

Just put a quick release on it and scribe the post.....

Gasp.......

I have the post sitting on my shelf. Figured I might as well use it.

Posted: Apr 14, 2021 at 18:23 Quote
Twenty6ers4life wrote:
onemanarmy wrote:
Ken making it interesting. See that 250 crash... jesus

Spoiler alerts for those who haven’t seen the race. Holy crap! McAdoo’s crash in the 250’s was BRUTAL! And then he f*cking continued!!! And got 3rd!!! That kid has heart! I thought he would be on his way to the hospital after that crash. The 450 main was good too, except my DVR stopped recording with 2 laps remaining so I didn’t see the finish. Good to see Anderson doing good and Barca too.

I hope Ken keeps the pressure on Webb, will be a great end of the series !

Posted: Apr 14, 2021 at 18:41 Quote
lol
Speaking of old gixxers... Who remembers this shit.

Posted: Apr 14, 2021 at 18:43 Quote
onemanarmy wrote:
Twenty6ers4life wrote:
onemanarmy wrote:
Ken making it interesting. See that 250 crash... jesus

Spoiler alerts for those who haven’t seen the race. Holy crap! McAdoo’s crash in the 250’s was BRUTAL! And then he f*cking continued!!! And got 3rd!!! That kid has heart! I thought he would be on his way to the hospital after that crash. The 450 main was good too, except my DVR stopped recording with 2 laps remaining so I didn’t see the finish. Good to see Anderson doing good and Barca too.

Sorry about that. I do have some buddies that would kill me for leaking. LOL! One of my buddies won't even go on the internet or look at his phone until he watches it himself. We had to set up a crazy contraption up at the cabin to watch it earlier this year.

But yeah. Dude kept his chances at the overall alive by getting up.

lol No worries man! Yeah he did what he had to do. Kinda rare nowadays.

Posted: Apr 14, 2021 at 18:49 Quote
mtbman1980 wrote:
obee1 wrote:
mtbman1980 wrote:

Seems like a very well constructed ratings stunt as far as I can tell. Should be a good fight but I don't think Conner is the same fighter he once was.

woah, lotta moving parts in this one.
imho combat and contact sports provide entertainment through technique, drama, competition and violence. in my younger years i had a long history with martial arts and contact sports, and being in the game left me with more focus on the technique and competition than the drama. and fwiw i love the violence. i never gave the drama much regard. i was taught early that the dangerous dog in the kennel doesn't need to bark.

but i also understand that truth in personalities exposes itself in fighting, and some people need to build up mentally or emotionally before a fight, because its a crazy counter intuitive experience to choose to engage in. so if you gotta talk shit, talk shit. you play football, you play basketball, you dont play fight. so if you gotta talk shit. talk it.

i really love connors timing, and he threw grenades when he was 145. when he moved up his power ratings didnt improve, and it felt like he lacked a plan b when the rounds started to add up. i think nate diaz won both fights as well, and its ridiuclous that nate has to fight irrelevant leon edwards next. so dumb of the ufc. must be an ego based f*ck you to nate, love dana. so as for the connor drama, its absurd that he can say the things he said to Khabib and jose aldo, and then cry foul when dustin says, "wheres the foookin bag you owe me?" he looks f*cking douchier than michael rapaport right now. and rapaport committed career suicide last week.
but dustin needs this money. its retirement money. so act like the italian military and march your shit right back home and apologize as much as necessary.

connor might be the same but everyone else got better. you can't cheat this game. if you ain't learning more, going forward, youre going backwards. and theres lotsa others going forwards, hungrily.
connor has max four fights left. then its him and money mayweather starting up their own league.

Yeah I think that's more accurate he is the same fighter but the fighting world has advanced past his abilities

I concur with this. And man, the main card on the 24th looks great! 3 good title matches. I want Masvidal for the main event, but I doubt he’ll get the win, I want Rose for the co-main, but I think Weili will win and for the other title match, Valentina will crush Andrade.

Posted: Apr 14, 2021 at 18:58 Quote
I crap all over Connor McNugget as much as the next guy but he was winning that last fight until the leg kicks finally did him in. We’ll see if he can adjust.

Posted: Apr 14, 2021 at 21:38 Quote
Oh man, I just missed all the sport bike talk! Those are some cool bikes you guys had... I never rode any motorcycles until I got my license in 2006. My first bike ever was an '05 CBR600RR with 40,000km on it! Previous owner used it as his daily transportation. It was well maintained though. That one got stolen, so I bought a brand new 2007 with the insurance money. Rode that for a couple years, and then wanted something different. I fell in love with the RC51 and found a mint 2001 RC51 at a Yamaha dealer. THAT was a sick bike! I love that sound of the gear driven cams and the 1000 v-twin engine. It was Honda's Ducati killer!

I don't really know of many things available to the common man that are faster than a 1000cc sport bike.

Posted: Apr 14, 2021 at 21:45 Quote
This was my first and only street bike. '85 GPZ Ninja 900. A lot of bike for a 19 year old. I sold it when I moved back to PG and realized that winter here was 6 months long. Loved that bike though.

Oh ya, I watched a bit of Top Gun before I bought this thing.

Posted: Apr 14, 2021 at 22:43 Quote
I am scared of motorcycles.

Which is maybe odd. I skydive. Mountain bike. Rock climb. Jump cliffs on skis. Lots of other shit.

Scared of motorcycles.

Posted: Apr 14, 2021 at 22:49 Quote
Axxe wrote:
I am scared of motorcycles.

Which is maybe odd. I skydive. Mountain bike. Rock climb. Jump cliffs on skis. Lots of other shit.

Scared of motorcycles.

A totally rational fear! Maybe it's not the motorcycles you fear, but sharing the road with cars and inattentive drivers. That's one major reason I stopped riding. Also speeding tickets and insurance are expensive.

Posted: Apr 14, 2021 at 22:58 Quote
And you end up with not much better gas economy than a car because you're riding like a yobo all the time.

Posted: Apr 14, 2021 at 23:21 Quote
I'm not scared of motorcycles. I'm definitely scared of me on them. I've gotten pretty close to talking my wife into letting me get one a few times but now she's firmly against it. I don't even ride dirt bikes anymore. Hell I don't even ride mini dirt bikes anymore.

I have zero chill.

You'd think I would. Buddy of mine lost his leg at the knee on one less than 10 minutes after I say later at work. Another one was nearly killed doing some stunt riding. Smacked his face into a parked semi. 3 deaths on the street. 1 on dirt. My cousin was nearly killed on the back of a Harley. 2 other buddies got in t-bone accidents. One flew over the car. One flew into the car. My little brother compound fractured his arm screwing around in the front yard. I broke my hand screwing around. Etc. But nope. No chill. Soon as my brain goes... o.k. I remember this... it's full pin.

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.022675
Mobile Version of Website