Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Apr 22, 2021 at 16:09 Quote
onemanarmy wrote:
As for the fight.

I really really hope Rose wins. She reminds me of Diaz. If her head/heart are in the fight she's very tough to beat. If she's just in there to be in there she's beatable. At peak performance she's one of my favorite fighters period. But this fight is no joke. This one could go either way. Zhang is tough as nails and scrappy. She's not gonna get knocked out. So Rose will have to outpoint her or tap her out. Her biggest advantage will be a triangle or an arm bar. Possibly a darce if she slaps her around a bit first. Really pulling for Rose. I'd like to see her fight more.

And as for Masvidal... I think Usman is hands down the better fighter. It's not even close. But Masvidal can beat anyone if he gets them hurt. I think Masvidal took this camp a bit more seriously and generally speaking the loser of the previous fight seems to have the advantage for the second one. I don't know if that's because the UFC banks heavy on trilogy fights or just because the loser works harder. I hope Usman wins but if I'm betting I think I might bet for Masvidal via KO in the second round.

This is a card I actually really want to watch.

Andrade fight should be good but I think she'll lose.

Hall vs. Weidman could be really good or end really fast. I personally think Weidmans chin is gone and Hall is not the dude you want to have a soft chin with. But Hall is very beatable. I'd like to see Weidman win.

Anthony Smith has to win this fight and it won't be easy. Crute is way more active and he lands hard. And he's way way better grappling. This fight is the type of fight that Smith used to be considered the favorite for but he might be broken and I think Crute is better just about everywhere. Smith's best hope is to hurt Crute early or get him tired and KO him late. I'm pulling for Smith but if I'm betting I think Crute has this one and Smith is on a steady decline to belator.

Prelims are a bit weak on this card but batgerel vs Natividad should be a good fight.

agreed, but i think anthony smith's future is in commentary. he's excellent and as guys like dom cruz and paul felder have found out- commentary pays better than fighting.

Posted: Apr 22, 2021 at 16:21 Quote
husstler wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:
After two years and change on electric drivetrain, it finally bit me... just drove to the trailhead and forgot to grab the batteries off the charger. Guess that's the drawback of AXS going so long between charges, it's so infrequent that you need to recharge you get too used to not having to think about it. Was bound to happen sooner or later

What do you do then? High post it with a fancy single speed? Or just grab a pint and call it a day?
I just called it... was on a limited time crunch anyway so didn't really have any options. Thought about single speeding it and getting a few miles in at least but I got volunteered to be assistant coach for my Godson's football team and had just enough time to pedal an hour and head to practice and didn't want to risk it. Was the right choice, the fifteen minute drive back to the house turned into a half hour from traffic caused by an accident and everyone trying to end around the freeway congestion.

O+
Posted: Apr 22, 2021 at 16:30 Quote
Congrats Army tup

You had mentioned that the big F was giving you some piece work... are you back with them full time or something new.

Posted: Apr 22, 2021 at 17:14 Quote
mysticmountainadventures wrote:
Congrats Army tup

You had mentioned that the big F was giving you some piece work... are you back with them full time or something new.

Back. But you’ll see my stuff on trucks instead of bikes... hell I worked on most of the truck stuff you’re seeing right now anyways.

Posted: Apr 22, 2021 at 17:34 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
husstler wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:
After two years and change on electric drivetrain, it finally bit me... just drove to the trailhead and forgot to grab the batteries off the charger. Guess that's the drawback of AXS going so long between charges, it's so infrequent that you need to recharge you get too used to not having to think about it. Was bound to happen sooner or later

What do you do then? High post it with a fancy single speed? Or just grab a pint and call it a day?
I just called it... was on a limited time crunch anyway so didn't really have any options. Thought about single speeding it and getting a few miles in at least but I got volunteered to be assistant coach for my Godson's football team and had just enough time to pedal an hour and head to practice and didn't want to risk it. Was the right choice, the fifteen minute drive back to the house turned into a half hour from traffic caused by an accident and everyone trying to end around the freeway congestion.

I carry spare battery in my pack. They’re cheap and small enough to stash away.

Posted: Apr 22, 2021 at 18:20 Quote
fredro wrote:
I carry spare battery in my pack. They’re cheap and small enough to stash away.
Yeah, I should probably do that... totally could've gotten by without the dropper

Posted: Apr 23, 2021 at 9:41 Quote

this is well done.

Posted: Apr 23, 2021 at 9:44 Quote
Masvidal looks pretty jacked. I'd be concerned if I was Usman.

Goes along with what I said before... the dude who lost the last fight is often hungrier.

O+
Posted: Apr 23, 2021 at 9:57 Quote
Have been watching Drive to Survive. Haven't watched F1 for a few years. Do not even know what I was thinking, missing out on it. This is great.

O+
Posted: Apr 23, 2021 at 10:01 Quote
This video is pretty damn good too

Posted: Apr 23, 2021 at 10:03 Quote
Yeah I had it down to Brage or Zink. I went with Zink mainly because of that flat drop backflip to concrete and I saw that rampage chute in person. It's freaking nuts how steep that is.

Posted: Apr 23, 2021 at 10:22 Quote
obee1 wrote:
this is well done.

dude...that's sick Eek

O+
Posted: Apr 23, 2021 at 10:25 Quote
onemanarmy wrote:
Yeah I had it down to Brage or Zink. I went with Zink mainly because of that flat drop backflip to concrete and I saw that rampage chute in person. It's freaking nuts how steep that is.

Yeah Zink and Brage where definitely a step above the rest.

Posted: Apr 23, 2021 at 10:38 Quote
onemanarmy wrote:
Masvidal looks pretty jacked. I'd be concerned if I was Usman.

Goes along with what I said before... the dude who lost the last fight is often hungrier.

army i watched the full fight last night again. i totally disagree with what you said about about usman being the better fighter, but he is better at winning fights. round by round.
masvidal for sure won the first round but gassed out, and was content to lean against the cage while usman stomped his feet. and that was usmans most significant strike all fight long. foot strikes. he controlled the cage, had masvidal against it, headbutted him twice for cuts on jorges face, and gave annoying should shrugs to masvidals head.
looking at how lean masvidal looks at the weigh in, i think they have done some serious cardio prep work. or at least i hope. because cardio and cage control lost jorge the fight. i hope he learned some good tight elbow strike work as well as i think that will help jorge get off the cage.
jorge can win this fight and he can lose it. but usman has also been training the whole time with wittman and justin gaethje, so that could be bad news for jorge. i think gaethje could beat jorge as well.

i also re watched rose and zhangs last fights, and now i'm worried about rose. zhang is seriously dangerous.

wanna have an internet gentlemens bet on the main card?
we can heckle stream.

O+
Posted: Apr 23, 2021 at 10:40 Quote
I give the nod to Brage... Seemed more cohesive

Zink's seemed like a stew of leftover bits

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.061069
Mobile Version of Website