Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
O+
Posted: May 3, 2021 at 19:19 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
That's pretty awesome... $600'ish for a $2k transmission is a score.

Wolf, this is sherb's bike that I was talking about... not sure if you knew what I was talking about.

Kona Libre. Fox AX40.

It's probably $4000 of stuff.. Trans, transfer case (they are different from auto to annual), shifter, drivelines, ECU, dual disk clutch and flywheel, etc..

And you moved the decimal over one too far... I am into those 1500 rounds for like $60 lol

Posted: May 3, 2021 at 19:30 Quote
swan3609 wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:

Wolf, this is sherb's bike that I was talking about... not sure if you knew what I was talking about.

Kona Libre. Fox AX40.

It's probably $4000 of stuff.. Trans, transfer case (they are different from auto to annual), shifter, drivelines, ECU, dual disk clutch and flywheel, etc..

And you moved the decimal over one too far... I am into those 1500 rounds for like $60 lol
Damn bro, and you didn't even need a ski mask for that robbery! lol

Posted: May 3, 2021 at 19:46 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:

Kona Libre. Fox AX40.

Damn that's a good looking bike! I never really thought about having a suspension fork on a bike like this, but I can see how it would be advantageous for more rough gravel riding.

I am kind of leaning towards something completely different. That GRX stuff looks pretty nice, and it seems to be the weapon of choice for a lot of the newer gravel bikes. I'll have to use the ol' line of credit to buy something new though. Oh well, it's just money right? I might be able to part out the current bike and get a few bucks back, but a lot of the stuff is pretty worn. Still totally useable, but it looks like it came off a 2009 model year bike, not a 2019 model year bike. Though it does have a set of Giant carbon SLR 1 wheels that are pretty much brand new, those gotta be worth a few bucks!

I'll have to mull it over a bit more. Thanks for the advice though!

Posted: May 3, 2021 at 19:57 Quote
swan3609 wrote:
greywolf999 wrote:
Are you using the T56 magnum for your swap? What's one of those things worth these days? That's probably what I'd get if I was going to ever do an LS swap on my truck.

ZF6 Is what I am doing for a trans.. I'll end up with a 800hp/1600tq dual disk clutch with that setup..

Ah, zee German transmission! Das ist gut. I didn't even know they made manual transmissions for trucks like this. That's a lot of power to put through any transmission though. You'll be needing that dual clutch too!

Posted: May 3, 2021 at 19:58 Quote
GRX really is pretty excellent... the Diverge I had was 2x11 GRX 810 and it was fantastic, super crisp shifting and awesome braking.

I'd keep those wheels, most bikes come with really mediocre wheels stock so tossing those on the new bike will make a killer package.

Posted: May 3, 2021 at 20:00 Quote
greywolf999 wrote:
swan3609 wrote:
greywolf999 wrote:
Are you using the T56 magnum for your swap? What's one of those things worth these days? That's probably what I'd get if I was going to ever do an LS swap on my truck.

ZF6 Is what I am doing for a trans.. I'll end up with a 800hp/1600tq dual disk clutch with that setup..

Ah, zee German transmission! Das ist gut. I didn't even know they made manual transmissions for trucks like this. That's a lot of power to put through any transmission though. You'll be needing that dual clutch too!
A ZF6 24v Cummins is the most bulletproof work truck setup I could imagine.

O+
Posted: May 3, 2021 at 20:08 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
greywolf999 wrote:
swan3609 wrote:

A ZF6 24v Cummins is the most bulletproof work truck setup I could imagine.

A ZF6 P-pump 24v is the ultimate.. That Vp44 pump on a 24v is good but the P7100 mechanical injection pump is the ultimate.

Also the 24v does flow better, but those heads have a tendency to crack valve seats..

My 12v ZF6 should be a pretty sweet setup when done. I just hope I can behave and keep my foot from smoking my single disk clutch.. It's a 900tq setup I bought for the silver truck, But my pump will happily supply fuel for 1400-1600tq if I ask it for it.

Posted: May 3, 2021 at 20:13 Quote
Was not aware of the valve seats cracking on the 24, that seems like a weird failure to have. Is there an aftermarket fix, machining work or something you can do to prevent it?

Posted: May 3, 2021 at 20:23 Quote
mysticmountainadventures wrote:
Hey Shred...

Did you get a confirmation email?

We haven't received one yet... we called and they confirmed everything had gone through, but still no confirmation email Confused

Sorry Mystic, just seeing this now.
Yes, I got a confirmation email minutes after the payment went through.

Posted: May 3, 2021 at 20:35 Quote
obee1 wrote:
shredb4dead wrote:
So full operational hours at Silver Star this summer. Yay! However a limited number of passes went on sale this morning. After mine was secure I got a message 45 minutes later saying 75% sold. Heard all were sold out in less than 2 hours.

If anyone is planning on visiting this summer you better plan ahead and nail down your weekend passes ASAP.

Nothing is simple anymore with Covid

considering how you live in BC its totally understandable for you to not realize how difficult BC is making it for out of province recreationalists to plan anything.

without a doubt for the past three years the BC attitude has been doing an incredible job for parks alberta to increase its visitor numbers and destination appeal. theres a growing sentiment amongst a lot of albertans to keep their money in this province.
crowsnest pass is the canary in the recreational coal mine, ahem, and if they decided to get their shit together- tourism wise- i could see fernie become a memory of good times. kinda like their lift access.

I hear ya Obee.
That's what happens when Vancouver and the greater Van area vote NDP and let the all inclusive clowns run the province.
We have to save everyone!
No evil Albertans allowed! Rolleyes

Clowns... all of them.

O+
Posted: May 3, 2021 at 20:52 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
Was not aware of the valve seats cracking on the 24, that seems like a weird failure to have. Is there an aftermarket fix, machining work or something you can do to prevent it?

Companies do hardened valve seats that are inserted into the head. I mean the 24v head bolts onto a 12v shortblock, they are the same size. More valves in the same area is going to mean less room for material.

Ita not a guaranteed failure, but it's definitely something that happens more on the 24v compared to the 12v heads.

O+
Posted: May 3, 2021 at 20:59 Quote
bkchef2000 wrote:
d-man wrote:
Fresh pork belly getting marinated. Gonna smoke it tomorrow
Belly
Belly

Is your goal bacon or just pork belly? Both delicious, but man brine that belly for 7-10 days and you’ll be good to go for a smoke! And try a little green in with the wood, you never know.
This piece is going to be smoked as belly, it's a third of one that I kept.
Sent a batch away to get done with the hams, most of our customers wanted bacon.

O+
Posted: May 4, 2021 at 15:32 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
So full operational hours at Silver Star this summer. Yay! However a limited number of passes went on sale this morning. After mine was secure I got a message 45 minutes later saying 75% sold. Heard all were sold out in less than 2 hours.

If anyone is planning on visiting this summer you better plan ahead and nail down your weekend passes ASAP.

Nothing is simple anymore with Covid

Sunpeaks passes went on sale today. Sold out all season passes in 2-3 hours. 10-7 daily until September, and open daily until 5 for all of September. It’s going to be a great season.

O+
Posted: May 4, 2021 at 18:12 Quote
Just picked my Fantasy XC team for 2021. I've since condemned some otherwise fine racers to a season of endless injury and mishaps.

Posted: May 4, 2021 at 18:20 Quote
My fantasy team is the Toronto f*cking Mapleleafs mother f*ckers!

I'll take the Stanley Cup* at this point.

*covid cup

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.102437
Mobile Version of Website