Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: May 9, 2021 at 7:03 Quote
d-man wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Oooof thanks for the reminder Dragon! You just saved my bacon... ran out before the missus woke and got a candy bar/ get well card (not many options on S Padre Island) lol
It's the thought that counts Right???
I tried that line one year when i forgot. I had bought a set of brakes for wife's car already so I wrapped them up and gave them to her...

Ha! Practical!!!! And live saving.

O+
Posted: May 9, 2021 at 7:03 Quote
leverfingers wrote:
I crossed that trestle in a train.

That musta been something else!

A vacation?

O+
Posted: May 9, 2021 at 7:09 Quote
Great story Jake, makes you realize that there’s more around the corner if you just take the time to look around. I realize you’d prefer to be down south but it appears you made the most of your time “home” exploring. During this pandemic, we’ve found more cool stuff just by getting out and seeing things with the kids. Just because I can’t cross the border doesn’t mean we can’t all have some fun. Unless your in Europe and they restrict your movements…

O+
Posted: May 9, 2021 at 7:21 Quote
bkchef2000 wrote:
Great story Jake, makes you realize that there’s more around the corner if you just take the time to look around. I realize you’d prefer to be down south but it appears you made the most of your time “home” exploring. During this pandemic, we’ve found more cool stuff just by getting out and seeing things with the kids. Just because I can’t cross the border doesn’t mean we can’t all have some fun. Unless your in Europe and they restrict your movements…

I think that exactly my problem chef... too much I’d “prefer”, rather than just being thankful for what I got.

Like a damn child that wants ice cream but won’t finish eating his friggin broccoli lol

O+
Posted: May 9, 2021 at 9:57 Quote
Jake, some weirdly negative comments on your blog. Like the guy that's quite upset about the cairns at the waterfall.

Strange times. I enjoyed the photos.

O+
Posted: May 9, 2021 at 10:06 Quote
mysticmountainadventures wrote:
leverfingers wrote:
I crossed that trestle in a train.

That musta been something else!

A vacation?

Yep. Family vacation as a kid. Took the train up Vancouver Island. I guess there is no longer a train there.

I'm old.

O+
Posted: May 9, 2021 at 11:25 Quote
Yeah they discontinued the train awhile ago now. Sad as it could help with traffic problems to and from Victoria instead of pouring millions into Malahat upgrades.

Posted: May 9, 2021 at 12:30 Quote
husstler wrote:
Jake, some weirdly negative comments on your blog. Like the guy that's quite upset about the cairns at the waterfall.

There’s nothing worse than cairnz lol

Hopefully i have enough service at the next stop to read the blog buddy... im sure its excellent.

O+
Posted: May 9, 2021 at 14:38 Quote
husstler wrote:

Wow, he just really seems to hate piles of rocks! Better edit those offensive things out next time Jake! Wink

The pics of the abandoned mansion are incredible. I watched a couple YouTube vids on it and never got anywhere near the same feel for the place.

Posted: May 9, 2021 at 14:58 Quote
husstler wrote:

I can't even figure out what got sand in that dude's ass... looked over every picture again and really can't figure it out. Bizarre.

O+
Posted: May 9, 2021 at 16:03 Quote
Ha! We were driving today so i missed the negative comments. Looks like they got deleted... Thanks for having my back gents Salute

edit: somebody isn't happy and just neg propped every single comment lol

O+
Posted: May 9, 2021 at 16:07 Quote
mtbman1980 wrote:
Yeah they discontinued the train awhile ago now. Sad as it could help with traffic problems to and from Victoria instead of pouring millions into Malahat upgrades.

Traffic was bad... given how busy things were in the winter, I can imagine how stupid parking lots, trailheads, and roads get in the summer.

O+
Posted: May 9, 2021 at 17:05 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
husstler wrote:

I can't even figure out what got sand in that dude's ass... looked over every picture again and really can't figure it out. Bizarre.

There are some odd thoughts about "nature" in the UK. I obviously know everyone there doesn't think of it that way (3/4 of my family is still there and they're not all nuts) but the weirdness for nature conservancy is real.

As far as I know you still cant bolt a sport climb in most places there, for example.

Posted: May 9, 2021 at 17:05 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
husstler wrote:

Jealousy maybe ? People can hide behind their keyboard and say just about anything and know that there's minimal consequences.

Posted: May 9, 2021 at 17:28 Quote
husstler wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:
husstler wrote:

There are some odd thoughts about "nature" in the UK. I obviously know everyone there doesn't think of it that way (3/4 of my family is still there and they're not all nuts) but the weirdness for nature conservancy is real.

As far as I know you still cant bolt a sport climb in most places there, for example.

they removed the comment so theres no need to rent space in your head. trying to find out what makes an english person a c*nt is like tryna figure out the calorie count at an all you can eat buffet. its overwhelming, theres an endless variety, when it looks like the numbers are diminishing new options arrive, none of it is good for you and sooner or later you just wonder what the f*ck made you go there.
at this point it would be prudent to defer to mando and our other less tactical english mates on here, but we all know i'm not talking about every english person and most of my POM buddies would be the first to agree with my MSG based analogy.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.676200
Mobile Version of Website