Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Author Message
Posted: May 11, 2021 at 18:39 Quote
urinalmint wrote:
I’ll do Moab again for sure Huss. That place doesn’t disappoint. But I’m going to make a longer trip out of it. Both times I’ve been there it’s felt like we were rushed. And I need to properly check out Fruita. Grand Junction too. Shit, it could go on forever...

Yeah Fruita is on the list, I mean while I'm at it. Managed to bank a little vacation during the covid travel lull so I will have a bit of extra time once travel loosens up again.

Posted: May 11, 2021 at 18:42 Quote
ATV25 wrote:
urinalmint wrote:
I wanna visit a bunch of states. Texas is high on the list. Alabama was an awesome place to visit. People are crazy friendly. Same when we drove down to Panama City. I'm going to explore California more. When I was a kid we went to a baseball tourney in Redding. Our billets took us to Eureka on a day off and I was absolutely blown away. Just amazing. I've been to LA, San Diego, San Francisco, etc,. It's all good but that's like visiting Canada and only going to Toronto or some shit.

BTW, screw off with the food posts. I'm trying to drop the 10 I put on since Xmas and you bastards are killing me right now!

Mint, where did you play in Redding ? What year ? Maybe we played against each other. What a freaking trip that would be !!!
Shit, pretty sure it was ‘87. I honestly don’t remember what park. I do remember that it felt like we were in the bus for a week. And we got shitkicked bad. Every game. I normally played third. But we kept getting killed so bad that I had to pitch. Some gigantic dude hit a bomb off me that probably still hasn’t landed!!! First pitch. Apparently not a fast enough fastball!

One of our coaches had a buddy at some college down there. Damn, that poor dude must have been embarrassed!

Posted: May 11, 2021 at 19:07 Quote
I was done playing by '82 or should I say done sitting the bench LOL I played 2nd and some corner outfield. Shasta is the local JC they have a pretty decent field or you played at Tiger Field. Man I miss playing. My wife got me into softball for a few years but it just isn't the same. She played college softball and coached high school. She is coaching boys 9-10 softball at the moment, pulling her hair out with those youngsters being so undisciplined FUNNY AS HELL, don't tell her please LOL

Posted: May 11, 2021 at 19:15 Quote
A few of us did a three day round trip to Moab in like spring 2008??? 36 hours of driving on a long weekend lol Being young was fun... I miss those days.

We’re resigned to spending another winter in Canada. But man things on the warm side of the country are booking up Eek

Who’s taking bets on date the Canada US boarder officially opens for non essential travel.

I’ll put most of my chips on Sept 21, 2021, and a few chips on March 21, 2023.

Posted: May 11, 2021 at 19:18 Quote
Man I hope I can head up sooner rather than later but I think your thoughts of fall is right. Too much money being lost with American skiers not heading north.

Posted: May 11, 2021 at 19:27 Quote
ATV25 wrote:
I was done playing by '82 or should I say done sitting the bench LOL I played 2nd and some corner outfield. Shasta is the local JC they have a pretty decent field or you played at Tiger Field. Man I miss playing. My wife got me into softball for a few years but it just isn't the same. She played college softball and coached high school. She is coaching boys 9-10 softball at the moment, pulling her hair out with those youngsters being so undisciplined FUNNY AS HELL, don't tell her please LOL
I played baseball until I was around 22 or 23 then our league went for a crap. So a bunch of us moved over to fastpitch. It was a lot of fun. But I found it way harder to hit. Lots of beers and some really good times. But not as fun as riding bikes.

Posted: May 11, 2021 at 19:39 Quote
criscokid25 wrote:
mtbman1980 wrote:
criscokid25 wrote:


Is this the guy that kicked my ass all over cumby a few years back?

That would be him.

Nice! I remember him talking about a food truck back then. Half way through the ride, this guy or his friend looked at me and said "if you weren't a nice guy we would have dropped you 3 km back." Dude took me on a lung burner.

Yeah that would have been the food truck owner he’s a funny guy always has a quip. Him and the sheriff are my two riding buddies I’m always chasing up the climbs and they keep me in shape.

Posted: May 11, 2021 at 20:06 Quote
urinalmint wrote:
ATV25 wrote:
I was done playing by '82 or should I say done sitting the bench LOL I played 2nd and some corner outfield. Shasta is the local JC they have a pretty decent field or you played at Tiger Field. Man I miss playing. My wife got me into softball for a few years but it just isn't the same. She played college softball and coached high school. She is coaching boys 9-10 softball at the moment, pulling her hair out with those youngsters being so undisciplined FUNNY AS HELL, don't tell her please LOL
I played baseball until I was around 22 or 23 then our league went for a crap. So a bunch of us moved over to fastpitch. It was a lot of fun. But I found it way harder to hit. Lots of beers and some really good times. But not as fun as riding bikes.

I'll side with you there ! Always rode my BMX to practice. The guys would give me shit asking if I needed a ride back home, but I was the one who wasn't huffing running laps around the outfield ! I quit playing at 16 or 17 and really got into racing BMX.

Posted: May 11, 2021 at 20:59 Quote
I honestly don’t remember what park. I do remember that it felt like we were in the bus for a week. And we got shitkicked bad. Every game. I normally played third. But we kept getting killed so bad that I had to pitch. Some gigantic dude hit a bomb off me that probably still hasn’t landed!!! First pitch. Apparently not a fast enough fastball!

One of our coaches had a buddy at some college down there. Damn, that poor dude must have been embarrassed![/Quote]

dude i feel ya. we travelled to the states for football and baseball touranments and FFS, i dont remember anyone ever keeping score. or at least i dont remember asking, and i cared about winning. a lot.
but then ther were the rugby tours we did in australia and new zealand. that was a different level of shitkicking. the Ozzies killed us and had a laugh about it the whole time. the new zealanders beat us worse and apologized the whole time. but then the same team would return to canada and win provincials. so f*ck it. good tour.

Posted: May 11, 2021 at 21:36 Quote
Well, we still have hockey. Kinda. Women’s soccer? Curling? Hunting? Nope, Dragon can’t even kill a turkey. f*ck, I give up.

Posted: May 11, 2021 at 22:00 Quote
We had a team from New Zealand come to a few games when they did a tour of the island as a kid. I was beyond humbled at the level of ability.

Posted: May 11, 2021 at 22:53 Quote
Yep. I did some growing up in NZ. Rugby starts early, and it's barefoot until your feet stop bleeding. That's just the start, for 7 and 8 year olds.

Posted: May 11, 2021 at 23:45 Quote
urinalmint wrote:
Well, we still have hockey. Kinda. Women’s soccer? Curling? Hunting? Nope, Dragon can’t even kill a turkey. f*ck, I give up.

The turkey thing is all on dragon, can't hold an entire nations hope on him LOL

Posted: May 12, 2021 at 4:10 Quote
[Quote="obee1"]
adm750 wrote:
lol...so true Obee.

one of these days over a beer I'll have to tell you about when I was kidnapped. The best part of the story was my dad tracking me down and getting me back. Think "driving a rental car across a school playground running from officials" Wink

why the f*ck i gotta wait for beer days? yall can't drop ".... when i was kidnapped" and not follow up. whats this crusty old f*ckin thread for?

here lemme try;
my good friend owns a local autobody shop in okotoks. hes cool as f*ck and builds drag cars for fun. anyway, his yard was broken into and the thieves stole his massive RV and his wake boat. f*ckers.
cops were all like "oh yeah, we are working round the clock to catch them..." and whatnot. but Don the owner doesn't f*ckin play so he and some buddies decided to drive around any and all the local campgrounds, and sure enough they find the RV in the campground- by canada olympic park for you locals.
Now Don is hella mad, and hes a big dude. so he goes to the cops, the campground owner, everybodies slow to react, so Don just barges into his own stolen trailer with the lads to make things right.
sure enough the trailer is being used to film porn and they were in the middle of a shoot when they walked in. used jimmy hats everywhere, drugs and dry mayonnaise everywhere. copsp when they arrived- couldnt speak russian either so it was just a big shit show.
long story short his camping adventures will always be a part of any conversation we share.

your turn! wait a second. if you were actually a kid maybe its not the right place for storytime.

either way porn bus is a fun story everytime.

jimmy hats and mayo lol lol holy shit, that's a hell of a story.

ok ok man.......give me a few and I'll post up about the kidnapping here in a bit Wink

Posted: May 12, 2021 at 4:11 Quote
ATV25 wrote:
urinalmint wrote:
Well, we still have hockey. Kinda. Women’s soccer? Curling? Hunting? Nope, Dragon can’t even kill a turkey. f*ck, I give up.

The turkey thing is all on dragon, can't hold an entire nations hope on him LOL

he must be doing indoorsy type shit. dragon hasn't really been motherf**king too much wildlife lately until this recent turkey incident.


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.037273
Mobile Version of Website