Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: May 12, 2021 at 9:39 Quote
adm750 wrote:
yo....badbadbrown....! how'd the Amazon interview go ????
Went good... had a second phone interview and scheduled for a virtual "in-person" interview with three people tomorrow morning. Sounds like an interesting gig from the details I've got out of them so far.

Posted: May 12, 2021 at 9:58 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
adm750 wrote:
yo....badbadbrown....! how'd the Amazon interview go ????
Went good... had a second phone interview and scheduled for a virtual "in-person" interview with three people tomorrow morning. Sounds like an interesting gig from the details I've got out of them so far.

sweet.,..! go get 'em tiger Wink

Posted: May 12, 2021 at 10:07 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
d-man wrote:
husstler wrote:
Yeah, I think oil/gas is going to get weird for a bit.

More demand related to recreational travel now that restrictions are easing
Enbridge has a hot mess going on in MI with that Line 5 thing
HaCkErS
???
Gaza

Just to be safe, I "stockpiled" 3.5L of premium in my lawnmower and jerry can.

Nothing like a little shortage in gas supply to get people off the vaccine/covid debate....

I hope some of the anti pipeline people get a taste of no gas because without new lines to get oil to refineries shortages will be normal.
I suspect it's more about pushing people to electric vehicles than covid on this one... making gas artificially expensive to push ev's is something Obama got caught on a hot mic promoting like ten years ago.

This totally. I like how the gov't is "staying out of this one". Pretty suspect shit when you clamp off the fuel to the East coast and the gov't says "well, they are a private company so we'll let them make the decision on paying up or not....."

paying up or not isn't the issue, it's letting a 2M barrel/day fuel provider be crippled with no assistance. It's not like Ralston Purina was jacked. Facepalm

dumb c*nt awards go to: Anne Neuberger and Jennifer Granholm. These people are monumentally f**king stupid...

Posted: May 12, 2021 at 11:22 Quote
on another ICE note,
i'm pretty excited about the ford bronco entering the ring or outdoorsy vehicles and all their potential. i think it will make jeep better in the process as well.

https://carbuzz.com/news/ford-bronco-accessories-are-finally-available

this looks like a fun little bounce around vehicle and i hope it does really well. we sold our trailer and my need for a 2500HD truck has become exposed as overkill. my next truck looks like it might be a wrangler or a jeep truck proper. either way im looking forward to building it.

O+
Posted: May 12, 2021 at 11:30 Quote
FYP lol

obee1 wrote:
this looks like a fun little bounce around vehicle and i hope it does really well. we sold our trailer and my need for a 2500HD truck has become exposed as overkill.

photo

Posted: May 12, 2021 at 11:42 Quote
obee1 wrote:
on another ICE note,
i'm pretty excited about the ford bronco entering the ring or outdoorsy vehicles and all their potential. i think it will make jeep better in the process as well.

this looks like a fun little bounce around vehicle and i hope it does really well. we sold our trailer and my need for a 2500HD truck has become exposed as overkill. my next truck looks like it might be a wrangler or a jeep truck proper. either way im looking forward to building it.
I drove a Bronco Sport recently and was super impressed... I can only imagine the full Bronc being even better.

Posted: May 12, 2021 at 11:44 Quote
nice appliance jake, looks inspiring.

check this out

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

made a corked bat to see if i could make a corked bat. now i just gotta find some cork.

O+
Posted: May 12, 2021 at 11:45 Quote
obee1 wrote:
on another ICE note,

You can get the Jeep with a V8! I imagine Ford will follow suit ... I think of you as a V8 kinda guy ...

O+
Posted: May 12, 2021 at 11:46 Quote
obee1 wrote:

made a corked bat to see if i could make a corked bat. now i just gotta find some cork.

Ha! Re: appliance! It's the finest microwave you can get, that Chrysler Dryer!

Posted: May 12, 2021 at 11:49 Quote
husstler wrote:
obee1 wrote:
on another ICE note,

You can get the Jeep with a V8! I imagine Ford will follow suit ... I think of you as a V8 kinda guy ...
I'd go with the diesel option in a jeep... f*ck horsepower in that kind of allocation, that diesel torque and low rev response is way more beneficial. That V8 just makes a jeep a front heavy parking lot prancer.

Posted: May 12, 2021 at 12:00 Quote
wife's cousin, and my goto riding buddy, just got a new diesel jeep ! thing is bad ass. hid dad got one too.

He's a looooong time Jeep guy. He rides a f**king Lefty Cannondale so the jeeps are his only saving grace... lol ...those and his diesel Chevy 2500 trucks. His brother has a 3500 with a custom flatbed. (built this mad ass LS powered wrangler...like fabricating his own frame sections and shit.)

built this big ass garage off the back of his house. And bought this badass forklift on a stupid steal of a deal. ya know, just in case he ever needed a forklift Facepalm

dude's an IT guy 'brown. you two would get along.

F**king kid is a total dynamo. Eagle Scout, nice as the day is long. Would give you the shirt off his back. Unless you are a proven dumbass, then he'd watch you get sunburn...while he hacked your place of employment and posted photoshopped nudes of you on their homepage.

O+
Posted: May 12, 2021 at 12:03 Quote
mMy eyeballs are completely swollen shut. Because with a mask my glasses fog up and I can't see. So in the interest of not falling down the stairs, I stopped wearing my glasses. And I keep getting shit in my eyes at work. I think that I am done wearing a mask at work. If that's not OK, I'm done with work. I like my eyesight.

O+
Posted: May 12, 2021 at 12:10 Quote
Whoa... that’s a beauty Obee Pimp

I’m picturing your new wheels with a pair of bats in the rear window Eek

photo

O+
Posted: May 12, 2021 at 12:14 Quote
leverfingers wrote:
mMy eyeballs are completely swollen shut. Because with a mask my glasses fog up and I can't see. So in the interest of not falling down the stairs, I stopped wearing my glasses. And I keep getting shit in my eyes at work. I think that I am done wearing a mask at work. If that's not OK, I'm done with work. I like my eyesight.

At the lab when we have a similar issue we started using face shields. We had a number of near misses due to fogged up glasses.

O+
Posted: May 12, 2021 at 13:28 Quote
When I get burried into projects and know I am goi g to be working on cars for a few days, I take my contacts out and just wear my glasses to keep dirt and greaee from falling in my eyes..

Haven't had my contacts in for 6 weeks now. Had to go to the hospital for the babies appointment and had to wear a mask.. f*ck masks and glasses.. What a miserable combination.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.068421
Mobile Version of Website