Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: May 12, 2021 at 14:58 Quote
leverfingers wrote:
mMy eyeballs are completely swollen shut. Because with a mask my glasses fog up and I can't see. So in the interest of not falling down the stairs, I stopped wearing my glasses. And I keep getting shit in my eyes at work. I think that I am done wearing a mask at work. If that's not OK, I'm done with work. I like my eyesight.

Ima gunna go ahead and giveya a pass... now go breathe again

Posted: May 12, 2021 at 16:19 Quote
obee1 wrote:
nice appliance jake, looks inspiring.

check this out

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

made a corked bat to see if i could make a corked bat. now i just gotta find some cork.

Cheater haha find some cork and get to hittin' the long ball

Posted: May 12, 2021 at 17:14 Quote
ATV25 wrote:
urinalmint wrote:
Well, we still have hockey. Kinda. Women’s soccer? Curling? Hunting? Nope, Dragon can’t even kill a turkey. f*ck, I give up.

The turkey thing is all on dragon, can't hold an entire nations hope on him LOL

Sigh. Is true.....

Posted: May 12, 2021 at 17:22 Quote
Wife wants another 4dr jeep in two years. Ee had the 07 and loved it. I'd drive a 07 4dr for sure.

Not a gladiator fan at all. Not even full jam stock. The fully modded ones are rad.

It's called a CJ8. They were already cool along time ago.

If I had 70k to spend on a fn jeep it will be a OG cherry CJ5 or CJ8.

Not a stock ........lot scrubber.

Posted: May 12, 2021 at 18:03 Quote
Speaking of high priced special edition cars, I noticed there's a newer model Camaro ZL1 at the local Ford dealer for sale. It can be yours for the bargain price of $83,000! f*cking hell, when did a Camaro become so expensive? Not a fan of the new ones anyway, but that ZL1 is pretty nicely spec'd, I must admit. But $83k nice? I don't know man, I could build a pretty killer hot rod for that kind of money.

Posted: May 12, 2021 at 18:11 Quote
greywolf999 wrote:
Speaking of high priced special edition cars, I noticed there's a newer model Camaro ZL1 at the local Ford dealer for sale. It can be yours for the bargain price of $83,000! f*cking hell, when did a Camaro become so expensive? Not a fan of the new ones anyway, but that ZL1 is pretty nicely spec'd, I must admit. But $83k nice? I don't know man, I could build a pretty killer hot rod for that kind of money.
They only made like 3000 of the new ZL1's... I would buy that shit for a weekend car and flip it for $250k in ten years for sure.

O+
Posted: May 12, 2021 at 18:27 Quote
whoadragon wrote:
Wife wants another 4dr jeep in two years. Ee had the 07 and loved it. I'd drive a 07 4dr for sure.

Not a gladiator fan at all. Not even full jam stock. The fully modded ones are rad.

It's called a CJ8. They were already cool along time ago.

If I had 70k to spend on a fn jeep it will be a OG cherry CJ5 or CJ8.

Not a stock ........lot scrubber.

in like 97 i was living with my grandfather and I saw a 1975 CJ5 on 37s for sale in the newspaper for $5000... so I took gramps to test drive that beast. I think he was so terrified he shit himself lol Man that thing was raw... just a hunk of metal with an engine and four friggin big tires. Somehow i decided buying it was a bad idea.

Man I was stupid not to buy that thing Facepalm

Posted: May 12, 2021 at 18:47 Quote
I had a mint stock 85 CJ7

Also had a 80 CJ7 . Spring over axles. 35s in gambler rims. Fiberglass body. No roof. No doors .

Built 350 chevy. All the goodies in it and on it.

Motor was 450 hp on dyno from the shop I got it from. Was my first time seeing a dyno pull. ( Boner alert ) . I traded two cars and cash for it. It came out of a dirt slideways car.

Was way to much motor for my right foot and lack of self control.

It did wheelies..........

Posted: May 12, 2021 at 22:14 Quote
Speaking of custom cars, here's a Tesla I could get behind! Naw, just kidding, I still wouldn't be caught dead in a Tesla! At least they tried to improve upon it though.

Skip to the 24 minute mark to get to the good stuff.

O+
Posted: May 12, 2021 at 22:55 Quote
greywolf999 wrote:
Speaking of custom cars, here's a Tesla I could get behind! Naw, just kidding, I still wouldn't be caught dead in a Tesla! At least they tried to improve upon it though.

Skip to the 24 minute mark to get to the good stuff.

This makes my project look like a 15 piece kids puzzle. lol

O+
Posted: May 13, 2021 at 1:11 Quote
Is a corked bat heavier or lighter? Or, well what is it? What are the benefits? Ability to hit more pitches or ability to hit farther or both?

Posted: May 13, 2021 at 3:14 Quote
leverfingers wrote:
Is a corked bat heavier or lighter? Or, well what is it? What are the benefits? Ability to hit more pitches or ability to hit farther or both?

It makes the barrel of the bat lighter so you can increase bat speed through the hitting zone, have more control of the swing and supposedly a trampoline effect as the wood flexes.

Posted: May 13, 2021 at 4:33 Quote
Is the type of wood also a regulation with baseball bats? In cricket it is. There are now talks of allowing the use of bamboo as its lighter, stronger and has a bigger sweet spot. Also bamboo is more sustainable, as oak and willow trees has to be old before it can be used in manufacture of bats.

Posted: May 13, 2021 at 6:07 Quote
greywolf999 wrote:

it's cool but f**k that car. lol

more than 10x the price of a zl1 back in the 60's, probably 1/10th the price of that same mint '69 today. Thank god for Bruce McLaren or that shit wouldn't have happened.

I used to work next to Roger's Corvettes back in Fla. and was there the day they unloaded that ZL1 Vette he bought. f*cking gov't auction. paid just over a quarter mil for it. Looked like a regular'ish yellow C3 vette. Roger was kindof a goofy bastard but damned, he had some sweet ass cars.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.243738
Mobile Version of Website