Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: May 14, 2021 at 20:27 Quote
Oh but wait... did you see Beta apologize for calling a landing a tranny? Full retraction/apology on instagram.

Posted: May 14, 2021 at 20:28 Quote
They tried to change DD at tzouhalem because women have put bras on the trees over the years. The real name is dees delight after the builders wife which eventually came to light so it stayed.

Posted: May 14, 2021 at 20:31 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
Social Justice is so confusing.

I agree!

I've never been a fan of rules. We really just need to hold ourselves accountable for our actions, instead of getting in everybody else's business and trying to tell them how they should live.

People are taking this life thing way to f*cking serious these days. Each of us are but infinitesimal specs of dust in the big scheme of things.

I say work hard, play harder.

Work hard enough to afford to do the things that brings stoke to one's life, whatever that may be.

I find it is those who don't work hard enough to afford a good life, or those who simply don't have anything to stoke about that are bitter and worried about what a f*cking MTB trail is named.

Either get a f*cking life, or don't, but don't piss on everyone else's life.

Rant over (for tonight!).

Posted: May 14, 2021 at 20:34 Quote
if you called it the italian toy you should design the trail so that as soon as you are half finished oyou turn around and go the other way.[/Quote]

You've heard how the Italian broke his arm raking leaves right. ? He fell out of the f*cking tree LOL[/Quote]

lmao, in fairness i was just referencing their military history. i grew up around a lot of italians and love the culture dearly.

i painted this over the winter, and it just got back from clear coating. carstar does it for me and they rock.

i havent been cloggin up pinkbike with a lotta photos these days. if you dig what i do go look at
summercarverart
on instagram. its just an account of the art i make.

Posted: May 14, 2021 at 21:31 Quote
criscokid25 wrote:
Oh but wait... did you see Beta apologize for calling a landing a tranny? Full retraction/apology on instagram.

lol no way.

Posted: May 14, 2021 at 21:38 Quote
That Helmet is f*cking rad OB.

Posted: May 14, 2021 at 23:23 Quote
The dugouts and totems are magic Obee!

And the shades of Shred-blue are on point Pimp

Posted: May 15, 2021 at 2:52 Quote
jamezyo wrote:
urinalmint wrote:
Ha, Here's some more: "$10 Whore" was changed to just "$10" which makes zero sense. Like WTF does $10 mean??? And "Bukkake" is now "Flow Job". There's also a trail called "BIg Ass Hill" which is really just a big ass hill, but someone will bitch and it will get changed.
We have a trail that was called “that whore”
Was changed to T-dub. Still have a trail called slf “Satan’s little fluffers” lol
The hike a bike on race of spades is called the CF (c*nt f*cker)

Posted: May 15, 2021 at 8:11 Quote
yeah, that is a lot of words written by people about trail names. Yes there is some interesting explanation to give to kids so I can see that side, however if you can't explain 36DD to your own kid, I think you have bigger problems than the trail name.

Accepting that life is not black and white but many shades of gray is part of growing up and as a parent, I have had to explain a few uncomfortable things.

in 2015, we are on vacation in Seatle and my kids at the time are 6, 10 and 11 and as we walk out of the music museum, the street is blocked as it is the gay pride parade. most of it was awesome but there was a few interesting things including a woman in a carriage in a latex outfit with a whip and instead of a horse, it was a man with a gag ball in his mouth. We had a lot of explaining to do when we went back to the car after.

That episode really reinforced the fact that people choose different paths than mainstream, it may offend some but I am actually happy that people are able to express themselves.

There is usually a good story behind naming trails and I agree with Obee, you make the Art, you get to name the art.

I am actually working on a section that is in its 3rd version and it was named Bush Whore (remember that James!). I will absolutely mention the name once it is complete as there is a story that gives context and I am not going to change the name just to please a minority of people that are offended by that term. I am not breaking any laws and if the association asks me to remove the name or change it then it will be Bush W but everybody will know that it is bush whore!

Posted: May 15, 2021 at 8:21 Quote
Had to say goodbye to our beautiful old man this morning. As full as my heart is, it hurts so bad. The house is so much emptier without him.

RIP Archie Bear.
13.05.2007 - 15.05.2021

Posted: May 15, 2021 at 8:25 Quote
RelapsedMandalorian wrote:
Had to say goodbye to our beautiful old man this morning. As full as my heart is, it hurts so bad. The house is so much emptier without him.

RIP Archie Bear.
13.05.2007 - 15.05.2021

Dang. Sorry for your loss.

Posted: May 15, 2021 at 8:32 Quote
Ah shit Mando. Sorry.

Posted: May 15, 2021 at 8:34 Quote
Shit mando! Hugs and love your way bro!!!

Posted: May 15, 2021 at 8:45 Quote
Just remember ALL dogs go to heaven Mando. 14 years is a good run and I know the pup was in the best place he could have been, by your side. Sorry for your loss bro'

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.042959
Mobile Version of Website