PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: May 16, 2021 at 8:12 Quote
jamezyo wrote:
husstler wrote:
She was on Macride lol
Bring him out for some roller coaster!

Ha! He would be scared!

I think we could do Fish Creek though ...

We would down for a fish pedal with you guys too!!!
When you moving ?[/Quote]

Early June. I can message you once we are there. Our new house is pretty close to FC and we got my son a snow cone machine for his birthday. This is sounding like a solid plan.

Posted: May 16, 2021 at 8:38 Quote
man i wanted to watch the fights last night but there was no way to buy them here. wtf.
watching the highlights it looked like the LW belt was a fast burning bunch of fireworks. i like both fighters so congrats to oliviera.
i feel so bad for tony losing again, but imho hes still losing because of the beating gaethje put on him three fights ago. and beneil dariush is a superstar with a humble energy, so congrats to him as well. beneil is one of the most merciful fighters in the ufc. he has walked away from at least three knockouts that he was within moral reason to continue striking his opponent- but chose not to.
but still bummed that we didnt get to watch them.

for calgary locals we hiked nihahi ridge yesterday. it was beautiful, barely any snow, and not busy at all. great spring hike.

Posted: May 16, 2021 at 9:11 Quote
soooo,
if i had ten stacks of canuck bucks burning a hole in my pocket, which e mtb would you suggest that i consider purchasing? ( i mean ten thousand dollars for you grown ups)

Posted: May 16, 2021 at 9:16 Quote
obee1 wrote:
soooo,
if i had ten stacks of canuck bucks burning a hole in my pocket, which e mtb would you suggest that i consider purchasing? ( i mean ten thousand dollars for you grown ups)

A bit biased but the Marin offering looks rad.
My buddy has a Trek Rail and his kid has a Rocky Power Play... both awesome.
There are a few Cubes around that are getting good reviews.

From what I understand, there is a big difference between the Shimano motor and the Bosch motor. The Bosch has a sort of run on when you stop pedaling that people seem to really like. Where as the shimano motor stops when you stop.

Posted: May 16, 2021 at 9:17 Quote
obee1 wrote:
soooo,

Which ones are actually available?

I have sat on a Marin and rolled around a parking lot. Seems like good value. Useless for a trail review though.

Edit:

One of these things, I think:

https://www.marinbikes.com/ca/bikes/2021-alpine-trail-e2

That's a legit spec too. Shimano motor as well. 10/10. Would sit on again.

Posted: May 16, 2021 at 9:26 Quote
Think vital did a review

Like Huss said I’d go with what’s available and I’d go bargain basement. Technology is advancing quick, the $18,000 machine this year will be pennies on the dollar in two years and your battery and motor won’t be what they once were either.

I like what team robot said in his podcast...
Something like... Would you rather spend $7000 on a bike or use the bike you got and go on a $7000 bike vacation.

Posted: May 16, 2021 at 9:30 Quote
obee1 wrote:
man i wanted to watch the fights last night but there was no way to buy them here. wtf.
watching the highlights it looked like the LW belt was a fast burning bunch of fireworks. i like both fighters so congrats to oliviera.
i feel so bad for tony losing again, but imho hes still losing because of the beating gaethje put on him three fights ago. and beneil dariush is a superstar with a humble energy, so congrats to him as well. beneil is one of the most merciful fighters in the ufc. he has walked away from at least three knockouts that he was within moral reason to continue striking his opponent- but chose not to.

for calgary locals we hiked nihahi ridge yesterday. it was beautiful, barely any snow, and not busy at all. great spring hike.

The fights were pretty fn good. Jacare got his arm broke, in the bicep area. It was hard to watch. You could hear it snap. Beneil dominated Tony. Glad he won, he is a super nice guy and humble, much like Olivera. Stoked for him too. He was crying tears of joy after he won and I couldn’t help getting a little watery eyed watching. Lots of good fight possibilities now in the lightweight division.

Posted: May 16, 2021 at 9:41 Quote
Twenty6ers4life wrote:
obee1 wrote:

The fights were pretty fn good. Jacare got his arm broke, in the bicep area. It was hard to watch. You could hear it snap. Beneil dominated Tony. Glad he won, he is a super nice guy and humble, much like Olivera. Stoked for him too. He was crying tears of joy after he won and I couldn’t help getting a little watery eyed watching. Lots of good fight possibilities now in the lightweight division.

Damn sounds like good stuff, how did Olivera win? I was trying to stay up to read about it but nope... snores loudly....

Sucks about Tony. He is an animal in the cage. But I suspect you’re right OB.

All it seems to take is one and the mentality is no longer there....

Posted: May 16, 2021 at 10:51 Quote
mysticmountainadventures wrote:
Think vital did a review

Like Huss said I’d go with what’s available and I’d go bargain basement. Technology is advancing quick, the $18,000 machine this year will be pennies on the dollar in two years and your battery and motor won’t be what they once were either.

I like what team robot said in his podcast...
Something like... Would you rather spend $7000 on a bike or use the bike you got and go on a $7000 bike vacation.
Easy, I'd drop 7 grand right now if I could head across the border for the summer and road trip like Sterling. I can't even go outside of the interior of BC so that's not going to happen. I think I'll go harass Jerome in Smithers next month.

I like what Marin is doing. Seems like good value and can't go wrong with that Shimano set up. My buddy has a Commencal and he loves it. Shimano as well. Online sales only though and currently sold out. The new Knevo SL looks promising. But damn pricey. Way over 10 grand.

I was buying a new ebike this year until I realized that most of what I was looking at was out of stock. I'll wait, I need the workouts right now anyways. I'm guessing a shitload of all kinds of bikes will be unloaded when slow pitch, soccer and other crap like that start up again.

Posted: May 16, 2021 at 10:55 Quote
I am putting my unridden Levo SL up for sale as soon as I can get my Brakes on it.. It sat at the bike shop for 3 months and manager called said a good buddy/customer was leaving on a trip and had his brakes blow up... So I let them pirate the brake off my brand new bike.

I was kinda hoping that the shop would fish the brakes back through the frame for me, but that hasn't happened yet...

Posted: May 16, 2021 at 11:06 Quote
bkchef2000 wrote:
Chateau Ste. Michelle is minutes from my house. I used to work there back in my youth.. Fork lifting pallets of wine and doing the different wine club distributions... Pretty beautiful place to visit when in the Seattle area. If you like the standard Riesling, try the Eroica from Dr. Loosen. Unreal good.

hey...thanks for the advice on this btw...!

Posted: May 16, 2021 at 11:43 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Twenty6ers4life wrote:
obee1 wrote:

Damn sounds like good stuff, how did Olivera win? I was trying to stay up to read about it but nope... snores loudly....

Sucks about Tony. He is an animal in the cage. But I suspect you’re right OB.

All it seems to take is one and the mentality is no longer there....

Olivera won by TKO. It was fireworks from the get go. Olivera landed some brutal low leg kicks right off the bat and got Chandlers back in the first. Chandler managed to get out and seriously hurt Olivera towards the end of the first. Olivera came out in the second and landed a jab and a right hook that put Chandler down. He swarmed him from there and the ref stopped it. Chandler wasn’t complaining about the stoppage. Another weird fight was Barboza vs Burgos. Barboza hit Burgos with a brutal punch but it looked like he took it,,,at first. 5 seconds later, Burgos eyes rolled back in his head and he went down and out. Most delayed reaction KO I’ve ever seen. That whole fight was a war!

Posted: May 16, 2021 at 11:52 Quote
D-mans Trek is the tits Obee

Posted: May 16, 2021 at 12:10 Quote
Fu*k Specialized and their $180000 CAD E-bike. I’ll wait for a more reasonable bike company to come out with basically the same bike for $$9000-10000 CAD all in.
$8000 up change? Did I mention fu*k you Specialized.

Posted: May 16, 2021 at 12:14 Quote
obee1 wrote:
soooo,
I'm currently strongly considering a Levo SL... based on Nick's positive remarks about them and not wanting to go full motor bike style e-bike I think it sounds pretty ideal. Gonna put my 5010 on the market and make a final decision if I wanna go e-bike or stick to pedal only here shortly but, if it's e-bike, that'll 100% be the one I choose.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.022607
Mobile Version of Website