Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: May 18, 2021 at 2:18 Quote
onemanarmy wrote:
f*ck man. Just found out an old friend of mine was killed. We hadnt talked much the last couple years. Distance and kids. Life. But he held. Holds. A place in my heart and mind. 3 kids. Fukn motorcycles man.

Ah dude, so sorry man. Man hugs all round.

Posted: May 18, 2021 at 2:20 Quote
mysticmountainadventures wrote:
d-man wrote:
mysticmountainadventures wrote:
^this

If I go to the crutch at my age while my body still works, what will I turn to for more assistance when I’m older and the body is falling apart.
It's not a crutch Jake, it just changes the dynamics. Uphill ripping is fantastic, you still get the lungs going and you're giggling instead of suffering.

Don’t mind me Dman... I gotta make up all kinds of fake reasons as to why I don’t have one to avoid the embarrassment of admitting that I can’t afford one Redface

I dropped £8K all in on the Slayer. Also saving money for the admin of buying a bigger house so I do not have disposable to but a bike of similar spec. Maybe once we're settled in a new place.

Posted: May 18, 2021 at 4:51 Quote
Army, sorry to hear about your buddy passing. I've owned motorcycles all my life and just sold my last one. I've lost many friends due to motorcycles and, as I aged, I considered myself lucky to have been able to enjoy as many years of riding as I did. As hard as it is to lose a good friend on a bike, I can't help but think that at least they went doing something they loved and enjoying life.

Posted: May 18, 2021 at 4:52 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
Didn't we ban shithead here ^^^ from the forum?

He's like the cat he lives with in his Mommies' basement......nine lives.....

Posted: May 18, 2021 at 5:01 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
d-man wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:
I'm torn... on the one hand, I love the idea of a moderate assist for climbing just cause I'm fat and slow and hate climbing. But on the flipside I don't mind pedaling and love grinding out miles under my own power. I really don't have any interest in a full on e-bike putting out 350+ watts and 100nm torque but a mild assist on a mostly normal bike is really pulling my attention. I've narrowed my next bike down to a handful of bikes and most of them are still pedal only but the e assist is coming on strong.

I'll go less power too when the weight co comes down.
Perfect combo would be 250w bike weighing 32lbs and under $10k

You put a 3k tag on that bitch and Im all in

lol I'm with you man..! in all seriousness, I wouldn't go e/bike for me, but I would love to get one for wifey. I bought her that cheapy fatbike (Mongoose) for a couple reasons:
1) she was pining on about getting active and thought she'd ride a path or two with us. (she's not a rider at all...but was willing) tup
2) she don't need no stinking suspension bike - fat tires for a bit of cush was ideal
3) it really caught her eye and she liked it (f**k...that in itself is a win-win)

She f**king hates that thing and won't ride it. Madder

I swapped the grip shift for a thumb shift setup 'cause that was giving her fits. Sapped on some larger platform pedals. Swapped on riser bars and shorter stem to get the reach and feel comfy for her. New grips, plus better brakes and rotors. But the gearing completely sucks, and it has more rolling resistance than a D9 CAT... shit...it's tough for me to slug that bike around anything that's not flat.

E/bike would be ideal for her. I just didn't want to have to sell a car to afford one. Rolleyes

Posted: May 18, 2021 at 5:02 Quote
onemanarmy wrote:
f*ck man. Just found out an old friend of mine was killed. We hadnt talked much the last couple years. Distance and kids. Life. But he held. Holds. A place in my heart and mind. 3 kids. Fukn motorcycles man.

dude...so sorry. hugs brother

Posted: May 18, 2021 at 5:05 Quote
PACNW-MTB wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:

That was a bit surprising to wake up to. But....at least he didn't come in here being a full flowing douche nozzle.... Rolleyes

Posted: May 18, 2021 at 5:59 Quote
onemanarmy wrote:

Sorry to hear about your friend, Army.
Condolences to his family and friends.

Posted: May 18, 2021 at 8:15 Quote
Sorry to hear Army it's always tough when you hear someone that you have lost touch with passes away.

Yeah I am not an ebike guy and don't mind the suffering usually only a few weeks in the spring. If an injury comes along that I cannot climb anymore then maybe. Local guy I have ridden with in his late 60's still grinding away. My new cassette should be here today 11-51 Deore 11sp I have been using a 11-46 before so this should take the sting out of the long days and steep climbs.

Local Kid crushed the U23 XC field by 2min pretty cool to see the local kids coming out of the Comox Valley are crushing it. Hopefully DH will be the same this year.

Posted: May 18, 2021 at 9:04 Quote
PACNW-MTB wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:

i think that the powers that be might have turned the ban hammer they gave me into a welcome mat for a*sholes or something. seems consistent with the times.

Posted: May 18, 2021 at 12:48 Quote
Bad one army , losing old friends is getting more frequent unfortunately

Hold their memories close

Feel for all the families loss

Posted: May 18, 2021 at 13:06 Quote
adm750 wrote:
PACNW-MTB wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:

That was a bit surprising to wake up to. But....at least he didn't come in here being a full flowing douche nozzle.... Rolleyes
As far as I’m concerned, he IS a full-flowing douche nozzle, therefore, ANYTHING he posts is full-flowing douche nozzleish.

Posted: May 18, 2021 at 13:10 Quote
PACNW-MTB wrote:
adm750 wrote:
PACNW-MTB wrote:

As far as I’m concerned, he IS a full-flowing douche nozzle, therefore, ANYTHING he posts is full-flowing douche nozzleish.

I concur.

Posted: May 18, 2021 at 13:11 Quote
PACNW-MTB wrote:
adm750 wrote:
PACNW-MTB wrote:

lol lol I guess I was having a "....let me take the high road..." moment Wink

Posted: May 18, 2021 at 13:13 Quote
Any of you guys have time on a Giant Trance X carbon?

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.021351
Mobile Version of Website