Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Jun 14, 2021 at 13:42 Quote
He's just busting your balls don't worry

Posted: Jun 14, 2021 at 13:46 Quote
If you scroll like 2 minutes in look at some of the structures they're building out here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4yk5cYu2xw

I'm not even kidding we have fires constantly out here in the camps. We have a massive homeless problem on top of the Meth issue out here. For such a small area it's crazy. We cater to it. Make space for it. Etc. I've heard stories of San Francisco busing homeless out here. Not sure if it's true but I've heard it enough times I wouldn't be surprised.

We have a mix of truly mentally ill homeless out here (my wife worked in county mental health for years), drug addicts, and those that choose the lifestyle. Lots of transient homeless that come here from other places. Etc.

I think we're going to be seeing this type of deal in places more and more often as the gap widens and the middle class disappears. It's going to revert back to the way it was where the castle health the truly wealthy and the living conditions worsened rapidly as you distanced yourself from the castles.

I shit you not the line here is over $100k a year.

Posted: Jun 14, 2021 at 13:47 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
jamezyo wrote:
f*ck, on my ride to work one of the pathways goes directly behind the city dump. I have named it bird poop alley . It’s f*ckin gross.
Like every inch of paved path for over a km is painted white seagull shit. Breathe through my nose is all I can think but then get that dump stench in my brain for rest of ride…
But I’m killin 26km a day so good for my gut!
No pain no gain lol
LA homeless encampments have gotten so bad that a lot of bike paths are hell on the nose for miles at a time.

Fortunately for the residents in Venice, the Sheriffs department has recently come in with a lot of groups to help relocate and find placement for all of the homeless there. They’re hoping to have them all cleared out by the 4th of July. I know the last time I went to the skatepark there, my buddy had a muffin stolen near the entrance and the homeless guy who likely took it, also left a fresh pile of shit right by the entrance, in broad daylight!

Posted: Jun 14, 2021 at 13:51 Quote
someone stole a muffin of mine one time at work. ..lemon poppyseed. it got downright ugly.

Posted: Jun 14, 2021 at 13:59 Quote
We where good here up until about 5 years ago and it seems like every year there are more and more homeless/drug addicted/ Mental health people wandering around.

Setting up villages in parks out of view then having them catch fire with the fire dept having to go in and try and put out the mess with stolen crap and human crap all over the place.

I think the bussing in is just a rumor because we have been getting the same thing here as well but I also wouldn't be surprised if true either.

Posted: Jun 14, 2021 at 14:00 Quote
I'm from NYC, this is regular everyday shit here. And it sucks.

Posted: Jun 14, 2021 at 14:02 Quote
The west coast of NA. You don’t die just from being outside at night. It is therefore, the homelessness belt.

Posted: Jun 14, 2021 at 14:03 Quote
Not to mention the more liberal politics to go with it.

Posted: Jun 14, 2021 at 14:05 Quote
adm750 wrote:
someone stole a muffin of mine one time at work. ..lemon poppyseed. it got downright ugly.

If it was banana bread we'd have to box.

Posted: Jun 14, 2021 at 14:07 Quote
It would be like Kirk vs. Spock. To the DEATH!

Posted: Jun 14, 2021 at 15:28 Quote
adm750 wrote:

lol The wife makes some really good banana nut muffins with chocolate chips. I’d throw down over those.

Posted: Jun 14, 2021 at 15:54 Quote
oh yeah...and it gets worse....

I rode the GSXR in one morning and came in early as usual...Stopped across the street for a fresh meal. I put nice warm muffin (still in the bag) on desk, hit the locker room and changed. it's almost a 60 mile ride in to work....I'm hungry and it's a long day ahead like always...

I come out to my desk...muffin is missing and we're about to open. I'm like bitchin' and shit I'm so pissed off. About this time we're opening and customers are filing in like mad. One of the other guys sends a lot porter out to grab donuts to basically calm me down. I'm pissed that someone in this crew took my f**king muffin....but relief is on the way.

Donuts arrive back....they make around it to my desk. I'm in and out of my office greeting customers but I snag a double chocolate and tuck it away on a shelf till I can get to it.

shit calms down, I go to get my donut and now that motherf**ker is gone..!!!! I absolutely lose my shit. At this point in my life I was 90% near pissed off all the time anyways so this was totally the straw that broke the back that morning. I'm like "....f**k this shit...I'm out...!" I hit the locker room, change, jump on the bike, dump the clutch, and loft the front in two gears hauling ass off the parking lot. I roll home and middle finger the dealership for the day.

boss calls me...."did you leave over a donut...!?!?"

"it was really over a muffin, but a donut was involved...and f**k yeah I did....motherf**kers want to play and I'm not in the mood....I work this....and I look out for these guys that....' just ranting the f**k away on the phone like a lunatic....

I come in the next day, get pulled into the office and told how blah blah blah I was. I get sent home for 2 days w/o pay for discipline... Facepalm fuuuuuuuuck f**king you, you bunch of motherf**kers...!!

we eventually have a good laugh over it and the culprits fessed up to just having a go at me but after that the joke was that if someone was really really pissed they were "donut mad" or muffin mad"... lol lol oh well. Rolleyes

Posted: Jun 14, 2021 at 15:58 Quote
adm750 wrote:
oh yeah...and it gets worse....

I rode the GSXR in one morning and came in early as usual...Stopped across the street for a fresh meal. I put nice warm muffin (still in the bag) on desk, hit the locker room and changed. it's almost a 60 mile ride in to work....I'm hungry and it's a long day ahead like always...

I come out to my desk...muffin is missing and we're about to open. I'm like bitchin' and shit I'm so pissed off. About this time we're opening and customers are filing in like mad. One of the other guys sends a lot porter out to grab donuts to basically calm me down. I'm pissed that someone in this crew took my f**king muffin....but relief is on the way.

Donuts arrive back....they make around it to my desk. I'm in and out of my office greeting customers but I snag a double chocolate and tuck it away on a shelf till I can get to it.

shit calms down, I go to get my donut and now that motherf**ker is gone..!!!! I absolutely lose my shit. At this point in my life I was 90% near pissed off all the time anyways so this was totally the straw that broke the back that morning. I'm like "....f**k this shit...I'm out...!" I hit the locker room, change, jump on the bike, dump the clutch, and loft the front in two gears hauling ass off the parking lot. I roll home and middle finger the dealership for the day.

boss calls me...."did you leave over a donut...!?!?"

"it was really over a muffin, but a donut was involved...and f**k yeah I did....motherf**kers want to play and I'm not in the mood....I work this....and I look out for these guys that....' just ranting the f**k away on the phone like a lunatic....

I come in the next day, get pulled into the office and told how blah blah blah I was. I get sent home for 2 days w/o pay for discipline... Facepalm fuuuuuuuuck f**king you, you bunch of motherf**kers...!!

we eventually have a good laugh over it and the culprits fessed up to just having a go at me but after that the joke was that if someone was really really pissed they were "donut mad" or muffin mad"... lol lol oh well. Rolleyes

OMG, that’s f*cking hilarious!

There was one of the bosses at work that I used to have fun f*cking with. Years earlier, he accidentally shot himself in the foot, (with an AR) out in the desert and lost his lower leg. At work we had a nice gym and locker room with showers and he used to shower after working out in the gym before work, and when he did, he would leave his prosthetic leg outside of the shower stall. One morning when I walked by, I saw his leg outside of the stall, so I snuck up and took it and placed it into the hallway where he could see it, but it was like 20’ away. He started yelling, real funny f*ckers! Someone come in here and get my leg! Everyone in the locker room was laughing hysterically. So he hopped over and got his leg then came over to one of my co workers as we were getting dressed and blamed him, since he was a usual joker. I could barely contain myself as I said how f*cked up that was of him to do that. He never suspected it was me. lol Seems f*cked up I know, but everyone there messed with each other there and it was all good.

Posted: Jun 14, 2021 at 16:29 Quote
Meth is not just a big city problem, it’s the same around here in a small city of 60000 if you count surrounding areas as well.
I keep hearing there might be something in the meth that’s killing people. Yet every day I still see the a lot of people wandering the streets all tweaked out and the numbers don’t appear to be going down anytime soon.

Posted: Jun 14, 2021 at 16:55 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
Meth is not just a big city problem, it’s the same around here in a small city of 60000 if you count surrounding areas as well.
I keep hearing there might be something in the meth that’s killing people. Yet every day I still see the a lot of people wandering the streets all tweaked out and the numbers don’t appear to be going down anytime soon.

Not only that, but lots of heroin cut with fentanyl that people are dying from. And speaking about meth, anyone see Hunter Biden’s teeth before they were all fixed? OMG they were all rotten nubs from all the meth he was doing.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/14593535/hunter-bidens-teeth/

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.024965
Mobile Version of Website