Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Author Message
Posted: Jun 15, 2021 at 21:08 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
PACNW-MTB wrote:
What's the next best thing to new bike day?

Bike upgrade day!

Been curious about coil shocks, so when my stock air shock started leaking, I thought I'd give one a try! Can't wait to hit the trails!

new shock day

Get ready to be stoked.

Did a Cougar Ridge lap.....Holy Shit! I shoulda done this a long time ago! Totally transformed the bike, this is what suspension is supposed to feel like. Big Grin

Posted: Jun 15, 2021 at 22:37 Quote
jamezyo wrote:
f*ck swan I wish you lived closer, I could throw bags of money at you for simple use of your lift and shop. Front end of my shuttle rig needs full rebuild… shop says bling bling lol .
Two weekends ago we did a 4x4 loop that made damn sure that all my ball joints would need replacement.
We did waiparous valley loop up to Margaret lake . f*cking north side of loop was for serious wheels. Jeeps on 6” plus lift on 40s or min 35” we’re making trail fairly easy.
My levelled Sierra on 33s was goin down some shit that it would not have had a hope in hell goin up. Steep steps.
Tripped chasing kid that Sunday and tore my muscles in hip. I was screaming in pain by the time I hit the ground .
Same day dog (Dayton) tore something on his shoulder. Finally got him to vet last sat just to make sure it wasn’t more serious and get him some anti inflammatory meds.
Things just keep goin round and round lol

See I have this strategy where I always have my shit pile projects on the lift just so I have a valid excuse as to why I can't help others with their projects.. lol


Chonky hasn't moved forward at all for the last two weeks.. The machine landed and I am already stacked with work. I am so broke right now that making money borrowing dad's truck is better than not making money and making truck run.

This weekend I am going to lower the cab down and maybe get one step closer to firing the truck off.

Posted: Jun 16, 2021 at 4:29 Quote
PACNW-MTB wrote:
Did a Cougar Ridge lap.....Holy Shit! I shoulda done this a long time ago! Totally transformed the bike, this is what suspension is supposed to feel like. Big Grin

dude...that's awesome...! I really wanna upgrade to a more modern coil shock on mine

Posted: Jun 16, 2021 at 4:50 Quote
swan3609 wrote:
jamezyo wrote:
f*ck swan I wish you lived closer, I could throw bags of money at you for simple use of your lift and shop. Front end of my shuttle rig needs full rebuild… shop says bling bling lol .
Two weekends ago we did a 4x4 loop that made damn sure that all my ball joints would need replacement.
We did waiparous valley loop up to Margaret lake . f*cking north side of loop was for serious wheels. Jeeps on 6” plus lift on 40s or min 35” we’re making trail fairly easy.
My levelled Sierra on 33s was goin down some shit that it would not have had a hope in hell goin up. Steep steps.
Tripped chasing kid that Sunday and tore my muscles in hip. I was screaming in pain by the time I hit the ground .
Same day dog (Dayton) tore something on his shoulder. Finally got him to vet last sat just to make sure it wasn’t more serious and get him some anti inflammatory meds.
Things just keep goin round and round lol

See I have this strategy where I always have my shit pile projects on the lift just so I have a valid excuse as to why I can't help others with their projects.. lol


Chonky hasn't moved forward at all for the last two weeks.. The machine landed and I am already stacked with work. I am so broke right now that making money borrowing dad's truck is better than not making money and making truck run.

This weekend I am going to lower the cab down and maybe get one step closer to firing the truck off.
Yup, that’s a key strategy. 5 years ago I’d be in the gravel driveway screaming and swearing at the front end of that truck so bad the neighbours would think there was a murder goin on… I think it was about 5 years ago I did Tcase on Cherokee lol same scenario.
Well with truck on the lift at my fav shop down the street I’m about to jump on my bike a pedal my ass to work. Gota put the mechanics kids through college…

Posted: Jun 16, 2021 at 6:15 Quote
Yup. The 50' s suck health wise that for sure.

I'm falling apart faster every day.

Posted: Jun 16, 2021 at 7:40 Quote
it takes me longer to stand up straight than it takes a westfalia to hit 60.

Posted: Jun 16, 2021 at 7:44 Quote
obee1 wrote:
it takes me longer to stand up straight than it takes a westfalia to hit 60.
That made me lol...
An old aircooled 1500cc Westfalia...

Posted: Jun 16, 2021 at 7:56 Quote
obee1 wrote:
it takes me longer to stand up straight than it takes a westfalia to hit 60.

Buddy has a Westy with a 300hp turbo subaru in it.... It get up to 60 was faster than it has any business doing..

Posted: Jun 16, 2021 at 8:22 Quote
swan3609 wrote:
obee1 wrote:
it takes me longer to stand up straight than it takes a westfalia to hit 60.

Buddy has a Westy with a 300hp turbo subaru in it.... It get up to 60 was faster than it has any business doing..

Same with my buddy. I think I have a pic somewhere... full Swedish camo paint job.

Posted: Jun 16, 2021 at 8:36 Quote
hang on....need to get my reading glasses....

Posted: Jun 16, 2021 at 11:25 Quote
careful lads, scientific research has determined that initial dementia symptoms include delusional ideas about the potential speed of shitboxes like a westy pulling 60 mph times.

next thing you'll be calling everybody Gladys or thelma and you'll bitch endlessly about the gov't.
uh oh.

Posted: Jun 16, 2021 at 11:42 Quote
Get off my lawn!!!

Posted: Jun 16, 2021 at 13:03 Quote
obee1 wrote:
careful lads, scientific research has determined that initial dementia symptoms include delusional ideas about the potential speed of shitboxes like a westy pulling 60 mph times.

next thing you'll be calling everybody Gladys or thelma and you'll bitch endlessly about the gov't.
uh oh.

That Westy pulled on of our big mountain passes as 92 mph uphill.. The though of going that fast in a westy is nightmare inducing.

Posted: Jun 16, 2021 at 14:43 Quote
whoadragon wrote:
Yup. The 50' s suck health wise that for sure.

I'm falling apart faster every day.

I feel you !!! I've had more issues the past 6 years than the previous 51 combined. Holy shit it's bad when you see your Dr enough to be on a first name basis, have lunch with him ect. WTF happened ???

Posted: Jun 16, 2021 at 15:33 Quote
That was me this year and I'm only 41 lol.

Damn sciatica kicked my ass (pun intended) it has been 2.5 months since I have had a real ride. I went for a short trail ride on Monday and that was about all I could handle and that isn't even going quickly. Feel like I am still 4-5 weeks away from full recovery. Which isn't too bad because that's when my holidays are.


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.022399
Mobile Version of Website