Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Jun 16, 2021 at 15:38 Quote
So much exite! I go to get my new bow tomorrow. Wife found out how much it was......kinda mad at first but now said buy what ever you want and need.

This gonna get more expensive than I'd planned. Now I can redo the whole set up.

Stoked is a understatement.

Sad though looking at the old girl hanging on the wall....knowing she's done for.

O+
Posted: Jun 16, 2021 at 16:08 Quote
My well pump shit the bed yesterday, came home from work and no water. called the well guy that I had out last month to check on it, he said no worries it's only 12 years old you're good for at least 3 more. I said no I don't want to risk not having water in January. Ok no problem he says, will schedule it in this summer.
So it's going to get done sooner than he thought, should be fun pulling a few hundred feet of stainless steel pipe with a drilling rig this weekend.

O+
Posted: Jun 16, 2021 at 16:15 Quote
mtbman1980 wrote:
That was me this year and I'm only 41 lol.

Damn sciatica kicked my ass (pun intended) it has been 2.5 months since I have had a real ride. I went for a short trail ride on Monday and that was about all I could handle and that isn't even going quickly. Feel like I am still 4-5 weeks away from full recovery. Which isn't too bad because that's when my holidays are.
Have you done any research on your vagus nerve? Or how to settle your parasympathetic nervous system down?
I feel like doing the exercises to calm the nerves down has helped my siatic quite a bit.

Posted: Jun 16, 2021 at 16:41 Quote
d-man wrote:
My well pump shit the bed yesterday, came home from work and no water. called the well guy that I had out last month to check on it, he said no worries it's only 12 years old you're good for at least 3 more. I said no I don't want to risk not having water in January. Ok no problem he says, will schedule it in this summer.
So it's going to get done sooner than he thought, should be fun pulling a few hundred feet of stainless steel pipe with a drilling rig this weekend.

Ouch, that's no fun. Ours ran out of water a number of years ago, coincidentally while they were putting in public water in our subdivision. Luckily I knew the general contractor I was able to get him to drop the water truck on Friday night so I could fill my tank on Sundays ( 2500 gals ) . We took a large compressor and blew the casing seemed to work, sanded in maybe. I still have the well but only use it for projects and, god forbid, fire suppression.

Posted: Jun 16, 2021 at 17:21 Quote
I still haven't figured out my septic issues yet. Need to in the next week or so.

Then I can move on to figuring out how to tear down and build a new granny hut in the back yard. Then I can work on actually doing shit I want to on the house. Clean out my garage. Get some grass in the back yard. Etc.

But for now... deal with the crap I don't want to deal with. Ug.

Posted: Jun 16, 2021 at 17:52 Quote
All I know is I have to reach for reading glasses now at the age of 49. The rest seems to be all ok so far. We’ll see what happens next year.

Posted: Jun 16, 2021 at 17:57 Quote
Bogus pumper dman...

Old. Hurt. Dumb.

Posted: Jun 16, 2021 at 19:14 Quote
onemanarmy wrote:
I still haven't figured out my septic issues yet. Need to in the next week or so.

Then I can move on to figuring out how to tear down and build a new granny hut in the back yard. Then I can work on actually doing shit I want to on the house. Clean out my garage. Get some grass in the back yard. Etc.

But for now... deal with the crap I don't want to deal with. Ug.

Army, good luck with the septic ! What a "shitty" job.

Sorry I could not resist.

Posted: Jun 16, 2021 at 19:24 Quote
onemanarmy wrote:

Just pump that shit to the creek.

Posted: Jun 16, 2021 at 19:33 Quote
Cheers.

13yo Caol Ila G&M "Discovery" Bottling . Not bad at all. Oliva Series V maduro ain’t bad either.

photo

O+
Posted: Jun 16, 2021 at 20:23 Quote
Axxe wrote:
Cheers.

13yo Calo Ila. Not bad at all. Oliva Series V maduro ain’t bad either.

photo

That's a solid looking evening right there.

Posted: Jun 16, 2021 at 20:27 Quote
swan3609 wrote:
obee1 wrote:
careful lads, scientific research has determined that initial dementia symptoms include delusional ideas about the potential speed of shitboxes like a westy pulling 60 mph times.

next thing you'll be calling everybody Gladys or thelma and you'll bitch endlessly about the gov't.
uh oh.

That Westy pulled on of our big mountain passes as 92 mph uphill.. The though of going that fast in a westy is nightmare inducing.

you know im just riffin swan. if someone shoehorned a hot subie engine in a westy i have no doubt that it would pull hard.

but if you can envision the provinces of alberta and BC, full of mtn passes with desperately short passing lanes and opportunities for speed- if you can imagine a large collective of slacker hippy lumbersexuals draggin their f*ckin westys 20 km under the speed limit AT BEST, you might appreciate the discontent of having to drive around them. spesh with a trailer in tow.

of course, those hippies will argue about just getting there safely, whats the rush, it's everyones road.... as their westy shitbox gives carbon monoxide poisoning to the drivers behind them, while it leaks shitbox oil everywhere, and they haven't held a job that actually contributes to the taxes for those roads in 10 years and theie westy hasn't been tuned up in fifteen.
thats my angle.

O+
Posted: Jun 16, 2021 at 20:55 Quote
jamezyo wrote:
mtbman1980 wrote:

Damn sciatica kicked my ass (pun intended) it has been 2.5 months since I have had a real ride. I went for a short trail ride on Monday and that was about all I could handle and that isn't even going quickly. Feel like I am still 4-5 weeks away from full recovery. Which isn't too bad because that's when my holidays are.
Have you done any research on your vagus nerve? Or how to settle your parasympathetic nervous system down?
I feel like doing the exercises to calm the nerves down has helped my siatic quite a bit.

Yeah I have done quite a bit of that.
My physio and Dr said things are probably getting faster than the nerve is telling me. It is still inflamed from the pressure that was put on it from the disc bulging out. Just have to walk the line of pushing it a bit keep the nerve/back moving enough but not so much to flair things up.

O+
Posted: Jun 16, 2021 at 21:33 Quote
mtbman1980 wrote:
jamezyo wrote:
mtbman1980 wrote:

Yeah I have done quite a bit of that.
My physio and Dr said things are probably getting faster than the nerve is telling me. It is still inflamed from the pressure that was put on it from the disc bulging out. Just have to walk the line of pushing it a bit keep the nerve/back moving enough but not so much to flair things up.

Bro, you broke your vagus? Eek

O+
Posted: Jun 16, 2021 at 22:12 Quote
lol no sciatic nerve is f*cked but doing some of the other exercises helps with the general nervous system.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.050571
Mobile Version of Website