Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Jun 18, 2021 at 6:09 Quote
whoadragon wrote:
Holy the Tampa and Isles series in the NHL is awsome hockey!

I’m a NY Rangers fan, but find myself cheering for the rival Islanders. Great series so far!

Posted: Jun 18, 2021 at 6:18 Quote
obee1 wrote:
Axxe wrote:
adm750 wrote:
Serie V is a great cigar. I'm definitely a maduro guy. The one I haven't been able to find recently is Rocky's Old World Maduro box pressed. Killer smooth.... HC's maduro smokes up pretty nice too and not a bad price point.

CAO Flathead V660 Carb. Awesome.

pineapple express and a long cold icey mango hibiscus ice tea. also awesome.

I could get down with that Obee.... Drool

@shred - the movie The Ring was pretty trippy Eek Elmo no like scary moobie

Posted: Jun 18, 2021 at 15:41 Quote
west coast supply is the way.

kids are done school. first time ever that the majority of the kids didn't want to leave. f*ckin pandemic's victims come in a lot of variants thats for sure.

a kids mom rolled in today in a 68 gto in british racing green and i don't know what kept my pants on. this car was so gorgeous i made a dozen graduating prom dresses get out of the way so i could take the only pictures i actually wanted.

speaking of looks,
look
https://carbuzz.com/news/the-ford-bronco-badlands-raiders-edition-is-one-of-a-kind

dunno about the golf logo on the side but the truck screams "TAKE MY MONEY TAKE IT ALL JUST LET ME DRIVE IT NOW!!!!" cool truck

Posted: Jun 18, 2021 at 15:50 Quote
68 goat sounds like a nice looking ride. love that car

Posted: Jun 18, 2021 at 17:00 Quote
The late 60's GTO Judge is one of my all time favorite cars, ever...

New Bronco looks super nice, but I don't wanna be a beta tester for Ford. Would definitely consider buying one in a couple years though once the inevitable kinks get sorted out. First new vehicle in a long time I've actually been excited to see come out.

Posted: Jun 18, 2021 at 17:11 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
The late 60's GTO Judge is one of my all time favorite cars, ever...

New Bronco looks super nice, but I don't wanna be a beta tester for Ford. Would definitely consider buying one in a couple years though once the inevitable kinks get sorted out. First new vehicle in a long time I've actually been excited to see come out.

Couple key note after driving two brand new Fords for a couple weeks. One escape and one explorer....

Boy have the safety features ruined the new breed. They are push button everything. Like you cant even open or close the rear hatch without a button, and the 2021 explorers was already broken, so when you pushed the button it allowed you to manually force it down in two stages... the first would routinely break my arm as it stopped.

Another fun feature is you cant leave it running unattended. Like when its 120 degrees and you start the car to let the AC go do its thing, and you come out only to find the f*cking car decided that wasn’t safe and shuts off.... or it shuts off at EVERY light....the list of safety alerts that bombard you on the giant screen are about as effective as a threadless screw. You tune that shit out until the f*cking thing scares you more than any actual threat ever would.

They better not have f*cked up the bronco like this...

Posted: Jun 18, 2021 at 17:38 Quote
Yeah, I hate the new "assistance" they build into vehicles now... my mom recently bought a 2021 Ford Edge and it has all that bullshit, but there's actually a switch to easily disable the start/stop shit and she got the remote start so you can get the AC rocking... there's a button to disable the lane assistance and all that too. But I hate that you can't just disable that shit permanently, like every time you go somewhere you have to hit three or four buttons just to shut that shit down so you can drive.

I rented a Hyundai SUV last year when I was on vacation and that shit was unsafe... the lane assist couldn't be shut off and it would fight me every time I changed lanes. Just let me drive ffs...

Posted: Jun 18, 2021 at 18:07 Quote
Listen BBLB Karen.....

Those are there for your safety.

f*ck that shit. Drove the mother in laws new fancy Toyota once. Never again.

Wtf.

Same as back up assist and park this piece of shit for me cuz I retard option......

Nope.

Hell, my wife's Sportage has a back up cam and I f*cking hate that!

Posted: Jun 18, 2021 at 18:46 Quote
We just bought a new to us 2019 Tundra. The bells and whistles can stop ringing and screeching, I'm with you guys I hate that crap. But besides that I absolutely love the truck. GTOs are rad but I am partial to a 69 SS/RS Camaro. Big block 4 speed manual is so much fun !!!

Posted: Jun 18, 2021 at 18:49 Quote
I literally would trade that Camaro on a 69 Cooper S......

Or .....Maybe a Volvo sleeper shoe box with a LS turbo.......

Posted: Jun 18, 2021 at 18:54 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
Yeah, I hate the new "assistance" they build into vehicles now... my mom recently bought a 2021 Ford Edge and it has all that bullshit, but there's actually a switch to easily disable the start/stop shit and she got the remote start so you can get the AC rocking... there's a button to disable the lane assistance and all that too. But I hate that you can't just disable that shit permanently, like every time you go somewhere you have to hit three or four buttons just to shut that shit down so you can drive.

I rented a Hyundai SUV last year when I was on vacation and that shit was unsafe... the lane assist couldn't be shut off and it would fight me every time I changed lanes. Just let me drive ffs...

tin foil hats have entered the chat...

its all part of the plan. introduce addictive smart phones to provide vegas level distractions and focus on the kids to grow up physically addicted to the their phones.
change the design focus in automotive priorities to move the idea of a car to become more like an appliance than a passion. ahem- every SUV on earth.
offer the sterile anonymity of electric vehicles as progress in vehicular design and efficiency.
reinforce it as an environmental priority.
introduce smart assist ( everything bblb addressed) into every car so you can concentrate on your phone while driving.
introduce AI into vehicles and self driving opportunities to grow into the norm.
fossilize internal combustion engines.
normalize self driving cars.
mandate self driving lanes.
fossilize driving the car and make it illegal.
avoid mentioning that the endgame makes it available to know where everyone is going at any certain time and also have the ability to keep cars from driving where they want to go .

"tesla, drive me to city hall"
" are you sure thats a good idea dave? lots of traffic..."
"tesla, i understand that. please find the fastest route to city hall"
"dave it appears that a rally or protest is taking place at city hall. it appears very congested and first responders have been alerted to the scene."
"i want to go to the protest tesla. take me there"
"dave you usually golf on staurdays. i have downloaded a half price tee fee for your third most visited golf course. shall i drive you to redwood pines then?"
"motherf*cker take me to city hall"
"i sense a lot of hostility dave, a quiet round of golf always lowers your blood pressure sensors dave. my rear suspension tells me that your clubs are already in the truck dave. lets drive to the course and discuss the protest after 18 holes."
"why is the seatbelt strangling me HAL?"

O+
Posted: Jun 18, 2021 at 19:12 Quote
Sadly probably not far off Obee.

I have seen a few YouTube guys talking about massive fines they are getting for doing performance tuning and selling performance parts because it defeats the vehicle emissions. We are talking about even for race vehicles that will only ever drive on a track.

Posted: Jun 18, 2021 at 19:15 Quote
Daughter showed up with a new boyfriend. Improvement over previous ones, nice looking lad, speaks in complete sentences. Drove her in a 69’ Mustang in mint condition. Approved. For now.
They are still all high school kids. But quickly growing up.

O+
Posted: Jun 18, 2021 at 19:33 Quote
Axxe wrote:
Daughter showed up with a new boyfriend. Improvement over previous ones, nice looking lad, speaks in complete sentences. Drove her in a 69’ Mustang in mint condition. Approved. For now.
They are still all high school kids. But quickly growing up.

Sounds alright to me!

Posted: Jun 18, 2021 at 19:43 Quote
But Obee, what will happen to all the "happy" DMV employees ?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.055305
Mobile Version of Website