Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Jun 22, 2021 at 11:10 Quote
husstler wrote:
mtbman1980 wrote:
Shit day today a good buddy of mine died yesterday 55years old healthy guy from a suspected brain aneurysm. Hug your families and get after it while you can.

55 isn't old.

That's a sobering thought. Sorry to hear MTB.

Sorry to hear of your friends passing.

Posted: Jun 22, 2021 at 11:32 Quote
Thanks again for the thoughts guys.

As far as wood the only stuff I wouldn't burn if I was paying for it would poplar or cotton wood. If it's free it and it's dry it's going in the fireplace.

We don't have much pine on the island so always start fires with cedar then onto fir or whatever we have.

Posted: Jun 22, 2021 at 11:54 Quote
Mmmmm cedar!!! I pay $180 for 1/3 cord split.
I burn lots of pine . All our local forest is lodgepole pine. She’s sticky shit lots of crackin and poppin but burns good if dried nicely.
No cedar round here in the high plains dessert.

Mod
Posted: Jun 22, 2021 at 12:45 Quote
If you were closer we would take the pine. Pine sells for about $30 for a large split bag of firewood here or $135 for a 1/4 cord. We personally like birch but will burn anything, we have two fireplaces in our house.

Posted: Jun 22, 2021 at 12:50 Quote
5 pc. “Campfire bundles” sell here for $5 - $10.

Posted: Jun 22, 2021 at 13:08 Quote
I'd damned sure take that pine Swan has layin' 'round....

but every time you guys post something up about Swan's wood, I can only think of back in the day hanging with some friends and "burnin' trees"...hehehe Wink

Posted: Jun 22, 2021 at 16:37 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
It would seem to me that even the price of firewood will be hitting highs. Folks wont get their “perfect wood choice” WTF is wrong with pine? Too crackly? Too smokey? Its a fire folks! Thats the fun part.

Burning pine kills beetles bro. Save the beetles.

Posted: Jun 22, 2021 at 16:58 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
It would seem to me that even the price of firewood will be hitting highs. Folks wont get their “perfect wood choice” WTF is wrong with pine? Too crackly? Too smokey? Its a fire folks! Thats the fun part.

Those things are burly! For a few years in a row they descended upon us in Leavenworth! They were a type of pine borers and were huge!!! And kept landing on mrs magnum much to her dismay lol

Posted: Jun 22, 2021 at 17:06 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:

I thought the Beatles were already dead... is McCartney still kicking?

Posted: Jun 22, 2021 at 18:22 Quote
Found someone to take my full load of logs. Might even get a few beers out of it.. Just took posting to the local buy sell Facebook group to find someone. lol

Posted: Jun 22, 2021 at 22:13 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
shredb4dead wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:

I thought the Beatles were already dead... is McCartney still kicking?

I think he is the last man standing....

Posted: Jun 22, 2021 at 22:13 Quote
swan3609 wrote:
Found someone to take my full load of logs. Might even get a few beers out of it.. Just took posting to the local buy sell Facebook group to find someone. lol

Hopefully they dont want free delivery too

Posted: Jun 22, 2021 at 22:26 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
swan3609 wrote:

I had someone try and do that to me on my last load of Doug Fir.. I had it listed for $340 for 2 cord, cut but not split.. I said delivery available for extra (figured 40 bucks for me to go drive there and offload with the dump bed trailer). Lady asked for it to be delivered and when I got there she backed out and said $300 including delivery?

I quickly corrected her that it was now a $300 delivery fee on top of a discounted price of $100 per cord. When I started closing up the gate to the trailer and started the truck, she accepted my original offer plus my $40 delivery.. I am getting petty and don't have time or patience for bullshit like that anymore.

Posted: Jun 23, 2021 at 8:07 Quote
swan3609 wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
swan3609 wrote:

I had someone try and do that to me on my last load of Doug Fir.. I had it listed for $340 for 2 cord, cut but not split.. I said delivery available for extra (figured 40 bucks for me to go drive there and offload with the dump bed trailer). Lady asked for it to be delivered and when I got there she backed out and said $300 including delivery?

I quickly corrected her that it was now a $300 delivery fee on top of a discounted price of $100 per cord. When I started closing up the gate to the trailer and started the truck, she accepted my original offer plus my $40 delivery.. I am getting petty and don't have time or patience for bullshit like that anymore.

No that's not called being petty. That's called not being ripped off. She knew exactly what she was doing so f*ck her or maybe not I don't know what she looks like.

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.039083
Mobile Version of Website