Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Author Message
Posted: Jul 21, 2021 at 18:09 Quote
adm750 wrote:
shredb4dead wrote:
Just quickly looked at listings in your price range. Any of those places listed in East Hill I would look at. Alex Park area is ok as well.

There was one just off Okanagan Ave that should be fine as well. I’m guessing that’s the one you said borders on the “The Shit Lands”. Honestly that’s probably fine as well. The negative activity mostly exists in Linear park right on 25Ave, around the Happy Days store and a block or two off 25th. And let’s face it it’s a Vernon B.C., not the Marshall projects in LA. LOL

I’ve noticed a lot of the older homes right along 25th have been bought up, torn down and condos are replacing them. Over the years the negative activity may have to migrate elsewhere.


was just googling some of this shit to see where you guys were talking about.

mountains in the background - beauty eh'

happy days food store Eek looks f**kin' shady....LOL

My understanding is the Happy Days food store and the Esso food store a few blocks over are great spots to get stuff. lol

Like I said, it's small city Vernon. Pretty save to drive around almost everywhere.
However there's always a risk of a methhead throwing a rock through your headlight across the street from the court house. This happened to me a few years back. Dude was troubled. Then he wandered into the intersection behind me and started kicking the car door of someone stopped. It was getting out of hand so I was on the phone with police dispatch giving them the play by play until the boys rolled up and got him under control.
Crazy stories to tell. lol

Posted: Jul 21, 2021 at 20:08 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
Haven’t use CRC in years since the brokerage fee crack down. TBS or Jensen now but when using Jensen make sure you’re looking at your cost in CAD fellow Canucks.
Are all shipment from Jensen to Canada via UPS? The free shipping over $150 is so, can I assume under $150 is too?

Posted: Jul 21, 2021 at 20:29 Quote
going to check out a potential job to go build an intermediate jump trail starting potentially this Fall and finishing next year. I get excited as it feeds my Line disease to really get the most out of the terrain and because it is in Alberta, I have been told to expect lots of rocks and not a lot of good dirt... Game on!

Posted: Jul 21, 2021 at 21:08 Quote
rayms wrote:
shredb4dead wrote:
Haven’t use CRC in years since the brokerage fee crack down. TBS or Jensen now but when using Jensen make sure you’re looking at your cost in CAD fellow Canucks.
Are all shipment from Jensen to Canada via UPS? The free shipping over $150 is so, can I assume under $150 is too?

Free shipping is free no brokerage fees or additional duties at least on the orders that I have made that are leas than $200.

Posted: Jul 21, 2021 at 21:36 Quote
jerome wrote:
going to check out a potential job to go build an intermediate jump trail starting potentially this Fall and finishing next year. I get excited as it feeds my Line disease to really get the most out of the terrain and because it is in Alberta, I have been told to expect lots of rocks and not a lot of good dirt... Game on!

I love my 305 and Steelwrist tiltrotator, but I already want a smaller machine for trail building. Our local group has inquired about me building and I know I could do a flow trail, but I am too wide for single track.

Posted: Jul 21, 2021 at 21:57 Quote
Axxe wrote:
Must be some old school desperadoes to live in such conditions. I don’t think I would last there.
It’s the Wild West out here pal!! Where I live now I check two of those boxes off , across the street is single level house though . Peasants!!
Lol

Posted: Jul 21, 2021 at 22:04 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
adm750 wrote:
shredb4dead wrote:
Just quickly looked at listings in your price range. Any of those places listed in East Hill I would look at. Alex Park area is ok as well.

There was one just off Okanagan Ave that should be fine as well. I’m guessing that’s the one you said borders on the “The Shit Lands”. Honestly that’s probably fine as well. The negative activity mostly exists in Linear park right on 25Ave, around the Happy Days store and a block or two off 25th. And let’s face it it’s a Vernon B.C., not the Marshall projects in LA. LOL
I’ve noticed a lot of the older homes right along 25th have been bought up, torn down and condos are replacing them. Over the years the negative activity may have to migrate elsewhere.


was just googling some of this shit to see where you guys were talking about.

mountains in the background - beauty eh'

happy days food store Eek looks f**kin' shady....LOL

My understanding is the Happy Days food store and the Esso food store a few blocks over are great spots to get stuff. lol

Like I said, it's small city Vernon. Pretty save to drive around almost everywhere.
However there's always a risk of a methhead throwing a rock through your headlight across the street from the court house. This happened to me a few years back. Dude was troubled. Then he wandered into the intersection behind me and started kicking the car door of someone stopped. It was getting out of hand so I was on the phone with police dispatch giving them the play by play until the boys rolled up and got him under control.
Crazy stories to tell. lol
I’m not one to step down from a good old crackhead beat down. If I can catch them…
They are pretty light on their toes.
I’ve lived in the roughest part of town since I moved out on my own when I was 20ish.
100% of the time I was loaded and ready to get down. Got me beat up more than I did the beating but always gave em a decent struggle. Lol now we are in what a call hood adjacent, I drive through the deep shit every day on my way to work and heading into the city.
I mind my business, f*ck with my business and I will be chasing them down the street with a rouge hoe for trail building kept at arms reach in box of my pick up.
Yeaaaa yeaaaaaa!!!

Posted: Jul 21, 2021 at 22:56 Quote
jamezyo wrote:
Axxe wrote:
Must be some old school desperadoes to live in such conditions. I don’t think I would last there.
It’s the Wild West out here pal!! Where I live now I check two of those boxes off , across the street is single level house though . Peasants!!
Lol


I'll take my sprawling single level rancher (only 2000sft really Razz ) on 3.25 aches of land, 550 meters up the side of a mountain over some colonial bullshit, two story, brown brick, chandelier rattling, suburban same same house next to Karen, Keith and the shitty old neighbor who won't stop telling you what they did... all... fu*king.... week... long.

Don't bring over your shit tasting muffins Alice, you can't fu*king cook!

Plus I could park an RV right out front with the awing out 24/7 and drink Sleeman's in my ginch. For free.

You can pay the We-Store-Your-RV collection man monthly and count the days until your mother in law moves in cuz "We have the extra space, she'll only take up one room".

Fu*cking T-SET's (Two Story Entitled Twats)


Snicker snicker.

Mod
Posted: Jul 21, 2021 at 23:20 Quote
jamezyo wrote:
Axxe wrote:
Must be some old school desperadoes to live in such conditions. I don’t think I would last there.
It’s the Wild West out here pal!! Where I live now I check two of those boxes off , across the street is single level house though . Peasants!!
Lol


Lol many Alberta/bc/sask peeps can check off all three. My neighborhood is bungalows except for one oddball down the street with an upstairs. Who wants a tall house when you can get a spacious bungalow without knee killing stairs. Most families have a truck/suv or three. Cars are for broke teenagers who cant afford a truck or people who live places that the streets grt plowed instantly. Lots of campers out this time of year, though our yards are big enough we can just store them here all year in our neighborhood. Its summer in the west. Axxe must live in some fancy smancy neighborhood where people drive teslas or something.

Posted: Jul 22, 2021 at 0:02 Quote
I actually just moved to the local hillbillies neighborhood from the Karentown of San Carlos. Now that we don’t need the supposedly better schools.

It’s still f*cking Silicon Valley and I can count probably a dozen Teslas in a dozen neighboring homes.

But it’s unincorporated area and streets are narrow, winding up hills, and it’s not all McMansions.

My place is mostly one level, but it kinda runs down the hill, so plenty stairs. f*cking tired running from one side to another. But nice view from the yard.

Posted: Jul 22, 2021 at 4:51 Quote
My place is constantly running down hill too Hahahahah !

Posted: Jul 22, 2021 at 9:53 Quote
the lacondeguy video on the front page is massive. thank god that guy took up mtn biking. hes been entertaining as f*ck for like fifteen years now.

Mod
Posted: Jul 22, 2021 at 10:21 Quote
I have a bad knee that unfortunately is only going to keep getting worse. It put having multiple flights of stairs out of our desires for a house. One set of stairs to our finished basement is more than enough for me some days.

Posted: Jul 22, 2021 at 11:02 Quote
we deffinetly lucked out when we bought having to carry a 60-70 child up/down stairs would have made day to day life a real f*cking challenge. Rancher life is where it's at.

Posted: Jul 22, 2021 at 12:45 Quote
This thing is right across for the campers lot at Silverstar. Make sure you bring your dirt jumpers next time you visit the park for after hours fun. I don’t know if the link will work but I tried.

http://https://www.instagram.com/reel/CRojwLkCRdM/?utm_medium=copy_link


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.022755
Mobile Version of Website