Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Jul 22, 2021 at 13:19 Quote
When we built our house, I was all in on a rancher. Then I realized that it was cheaper to build up rather than out. Our lot is better suited for a 2 story house anyway. That said, the stairs would be a bitch with shitty knees.

Posted: Jul 22, 2021 at 13:26 Quote
mtbman1980 wrote:
we deffinetly lucked out when we bought having to carry a 60-70 child up/down stairs would have made day to day life a real f*cking challenge. Rancher life is where it's at.

Three levels of moving my fat ass up and down at my place. I would’ve loved a sweetly laid out rancher with the same yard.

Posted: Jul 22, 2021 at 13:32 Quote
harperrider wrote:
mtbman1980 wrote:
we deffinetly lucked out when we bought having to carry a 60-70 child up/down stairs would have made day to day life a real f*cking challenge. Rancher life is where it's at.

Three levels of moving my fat ass up and down at my place. I would’ve loved a sweetly laid out rancher with the same yard.

It's a little tight at the moment with my son and his girlfriend eventually move out it will feel much more spacious. Getting them out is the next job....at least they are not totally comfortable with the limited space to give them a reason to leave.
Hopefully in the next 6 months they will have their shit together and they can be on their way.

Posted: Jul 22, 2021 at 16:22 Quote
Got the caddy running for like 20 seconds. I’m so close!

Posted: Jul 22, 2021 at 16:44 Quote
onemanarmy wrote:

video is requested.

Posted: Jul 22, 2021 at 16:48 Quote
i'm not too proud to say that i often fall asleep on the couch and, upon awakening at 3 am, i am happy to roll over instead of walk up the stairs. next house dream is a rancher on forested land. stairs are overrated.

Posted: Jul 22, 2021 at 17:27 Quote
obee1 wrote:
onemanarmy wrote:

video is requested.

If I can get it staying on I'll film it. I forgot how good all my cars have always sounded. LOL!

This one has dual Smitty glass packs. Two different styles. Very old school. Learned it from a dude who'd probably be in his late 70's now. Maybe early 80's.

Posted: Jul 22, 2021 at 18:14 Quote
Need to cruise that thing army !!! So cool

Posted: Jul 22, 2021 at 18:27 Quote
obee1 wrote:
the lacondeguy video on the front page is massive. thank god that guy took up mtn biking. hes been entertaining as f*ck for like fifteen years now.

So good.

Posted: Jul 23, 2021 at 5:28 Quote
onemanarmy wrote:
obee1 wrote:
onemanarmy wrote:

video is requested.

If I can get it staying on I'll film it. I forgot how good all my cars have always sounded. LOL!

This one has dual Smitty glass packs. Two different styles. Very old school. Learned it from a dude who'd probably be in his late 70's now. Maybe early 80's.

that's awesome dude.... what did you wind up doing to it ? Where you at with it ?

loves me some glasspacks on an old car tup

Posted: Jul 23, 2021 at 9:16 Quote
adm750 wrote:
onemanarmy wrote:
obee1 wrote:

video is requested.

that's awesome dude.... what did you wind up doing to it ? Where you at with it ?

loves me some glasspacks on an old car tup

It's something with fuel delivery. I bought a new distributor rotor and points but they sold me the wrong points. Fortunately the points are o.k. I did adjust them ever so slightly.

Pulled the stock fuel filter apart and cleaned it. And had someone slow poor fuel right into the carb. Fired right up. Idle was high but that's fine for now. I need to get my throttle return spring re-installed.

I think I'll probably double check the tank is empty. Throw some gas in it and reinstall everything. See if I can get it running off the car's fuel system instead of a gas can.

I might actually start cleaning a few things up and reinstalling them... trim pieces. The visor. Etc. Basically I don't mind spending time on it here and there to improve value and make it easier to sell. Just trying to avoid dumping a bunch of money on it. Even though part of me wants to finish the body work and put it in primer. Ha!

But yeah... not running yet. That's in the works for this weekend I hope.

Posted: Jul 23, 2021 at 18:48 Quote
Home page has Twan van Gendts BMX race bike for Tokyo. That is definitely not the BMX bike of my youth ! Thing is SEXY and with a 2 speed drive train

Posted: Jul 23, 2021 at 19:02 Quote
3 weeks and 70 kids later my summer youth mountain bike program is done. What a whirl wind. Beat the heat and smoke most days so that is a huge win. Holidays are officially on.

Posted: Jul 23, 2021 at 20:12 Quote
criscokid25 wrote:
3 weeks and 70 kids later my summer youth mountain bike program is done. What a whirl wind. Beat the heat and smoke most days so that is a huge win. Holidays are officially on.
Nice! Congrats on running another successful program.

Posted: Jul 23, 2021 at 21:37 Quote
ATV25 wrote:
Home page has Twan van Gendts BMX race bike for Tokyo. That is definitely not the BMX bike of my youth ! Thing is SEXY and with a 2 speed drive train
No doubt, I took my Schwinn pro cruiser out last night to a paved pump track, forgot how fast it is.

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.023111
Mobile Version of Website