Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Jul 26, 2021 at 21:01 Quote
Awesome stuff James! All the best on this new adventure.

O+
Posted: Jul 26, 2021 at 21:16 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
husstler wrote:
Does 3 or 5 lbs matter on an ebike?

Probably not much but a little more nimble mullet and less anvil going downhill wouldn't hurt.
I am leaning more and more to lighter makes a big difference. I really like the Norco direction with choice of batteries. Big battery for big mountain days, small lighter option for quick rips. I really believe 5lbs would make a difference.

After riding a full day on the resort at Revy I was worked. The trails are really beat to shit and lots of vert every lap. After all the hype I've heard about the resort I wasn't blown away. It's ok, the climb up to the top of 5620 is good, nice views but the trail is mediocre at best. No real personality, typical berm roller roller berm blue flow trail.
Now Cumberland had some personality, wish I would have had a few days(hours even) to spend there because man there is a shit ton of trails.

Posted: Jul 26, 2021 at 21:24 Quote
d-man wrote:
shredb4dead wrote:
husstler wrote:
Does 3 or 5 lbs matter on an ebike?

Probably not much but a little more nimble mullet and less anvil going downhill wouldn't hurt.
I am leaning more and more to lighter makes a big difference. I really like the Norco direction with choice of batteries. Big battery for big mountain days, small lighter option for quick rips. I really believe 5lbs would make a difference.

After riding a full day on the resort at Revy I was worked. The trails are really beat to shit and lots of vert every lap. After all the hype I've heard about the resort I wasn't blown away. It's ok, the climb up to the top of 5620 is good, nice views but the trail is mediocre at best. No real personality, typical berm roller roller berm blue flow trail.
Now Cumberland had some personality, wish I would have had a few days(hours even) to spend there because man there is a shit ton of trails.

5620 is worth checking out but I don't think I will be going back. Cumby is unreal. Mos Def worth the trip and spending a few days. Hit up MTBman for all the goods.

Lighter bikes are good but it would be much greater benefit to the ride if I dropped 10lbs.

O+
Posted: Jul 26, 2021 at 21:27 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
Norco Range VLT’s are supposed to be hitting the LBS soon. Looking at the orange C2 build with a 720W battery. Apparently they are waiting for batteries to show up on the slow boat from China. No fly batteries.

Commencal Meta 29 is available in Sept/Oct as well.

Really prefer the 5 pound lighter SC and the mullet build but… lavender.
Plus $3000 CAD more. We’ll see how bad the tax man hammers me. Might have to wait just a little bit longer.

I’m with you on the lavender and lighter weight. Lavender is definitely a chick bike color. Another reason I like the raw Pole Voima frameset.

Posted: Jul 26, 2021 at 22:28 Quote
Congrats James! f*ck yeah man.

Knuckles definitely dragging....

O+
Posted: Jul 27, 2021 at 0:00 Quote
Yep. Top notch Jamez. Setting the family up.

Posted: Jul 27, 2021 at 4:32 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
adm750 wrote:
d-man wrote:
f*ck running, that's why we invented the wheel lol!

d-man FTW...!!!

Amen brother.

Anyone know where I can find a copper coloured Santa Cruz Bullit here in Canada, in Large but NOT the $160000 CAD build?
I can find Lavender ones in the build I want but lavender is not my 1st choice for colour.

straight up lie. you just don't want to "come out" in front of the group. it's OK, we're all friends...we'll stand beside you on this Salute

Posted: Jul 27, 2021 at 4:34 Quote
jamezyo wrote:
My house listed sat morning. We accepted offer today around noon.

sweet man...congrats...!

O+
Posted: Jul 27, 2021 at 4:39 Quote
obee1 wrote:
anyone else at the age that, while camping, the weather gets so bad you just say f*ck it and go home early? with summer camping its a teachers advantage for sure, but i never feel great about pulling the chute early.
we left fernie a day early because it was so f*cking hot that we were all getting bored and on each others nerves. weird trip.
real talk mtn biking is just so different for me from like, five years ago. i might have outridden all my f*cks.
Yup! On our last trip we ended up in golden for the last two nights , bugs were bad . We were baked from plus 40temps. We basically sat in trailer waiting to go home .

Posted: Jul 27, 2021 at 4:39 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
husstler wrote:
Yeah fair. I have extremely limited time on one and can’t imagine if you would notice 5 lb on it or not.

I should lose 5 lb.

I should lose 10... 20. lol

lol lol ...right there with you guys. doing all the other "good stuff" but I can-NOT get off my ass about my diet. It's not bad, it's just not calculated

O+
Posted: Jul 27, 2021 at 6:45 Quote
Sounds awesome James! Making it happen Salute

The heat has been relentless! Feel like every night I’m washing 5lbs of coal dust off me and my bike. Looking forward to some down time this fall and some cooler temps.

O+
Posted: Jul 27, 2021 at 7:34 Quote
adm750 wrote:
shredb4dead wrote:
adm750 wrote:

d-man FTW...!!!

Amen brother.

Anyone know where I can find a copper coloured Santa Cruz Bullit here in Canada, in Large but NOT the $160000 CAD build?
I can find Lavender ones in the build I want but lavender is not my 1st choice for colour.

straight up lie. you just don't want to "come out" in front of the group. it's OK, we're all friends...we'll stand beside you on this Salute

Years ago, I had a team bike that was "burnt purple". It was pink. I was fast enough not to take too much heat about it.
Seems like the Juliana frames have had a better colour selection than the Santa Cruz bikes in the past.

Posted: Jul 27, 2021 at 7:45 Quote
I’m already going to take some sh*t from a certain percentage of the population anyway about going E so whatever.

If I do end up going the lavender route I’ll swap the SC yellow decals for back or dark grey. Probably look at some All Mountain Style frame protection decals over the lavender too. Tone it down a bit. Embrace my inner 80’s Sob Rock.

Like I said, have to see how much the tax mans cut will be. Might be a little short after that and I don’t want to dip into retirement savings if I can avoid it.

O+
Posted: Jul 27, 2021 at 8:01 Quote
I’m in a tiny minority here but would intentionally buy a purple bike.

Headed to Revy again in a few weeks. Hoping the fires and heat dome have weakened by then. I think another 2 days in the bike park on a hard tail might be painful so I will probably just rent.

5620 does feel like it wastes a lot of elevation, maybe in an “embarrassment of riches” kind of way. If they had a blue tech trail that long with that elevation change I’d be right into it.

Posted: Jul 27, 2021 at 8:14 Quote
husstler wrote:
I’m in a tiny minority here but would intentionally buy a purple bike.

Headed to Revy again in a few weeks. Hoping the fires and heat dome have weakened by then. I think another 2 days in the bike park on a hard tail might be painful so I will probably just rent.

5620 does feel like it wastes a lot of elevation, maybe in an “embarrassment of riches” kind of way. If they had a blue tech trail that long with that elevation change I’d be right into it.

The dark purple of the new Transition Spire is great. Would ride that no problem at all.
Struggling with lavender.

photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.270020
Mobile Version of Website