Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Author Message
Posted: Jul 27, 2021 at 8:27 Quote
^^ that's pretty sweet.

I really don't give a rat's ass. I'd ride something painted Mary Kay pink if it were new Razz

Posted: Jul 27, 2021 at 9:21 Quote
Baby Blue mother f*ckers!

That's what winners ride.

Posted: Jul 27, 2021 at 9:22 Quote
not sure i would wanna spend 10 grand on live love lavender. it sure as shit is not purple.

Posted: Jul 27, 2021 at 9:40 Quote
I like Lavender

Posted: Jul 27, 2021 at 9:51 Quote
obee1 wrote:
anyone else at the age that, while camping, the weather gets so bad you just say f*ck it and go home early? with summer camping its a teachers advantage for sure, but i never feel great about pulling the chute early.
we left fernie a day early because it was so f*cking hot that we were all getting bored and on each others nerves. weird trip.
real talk mtn biking is just so different for me from like, five years ago. i might have outridden all my f*cks.
I really don't think anything could better capture my state of mind these days.


As far as bailing on camping, it's all about safety vs comfort... if the weather is hot or cold enough that it's legitimately unsafe if there's a problem then I don't feel bad but otherwise, I'm inclined to gut it out and let everyone else go home early to get some time to myself if anything.

Posted: Jul 27, 2021 at 9:53 Quote
obee1 wrote:
not sure i would wanna spend 10 grand on live love lavender. it sure as shit is not purple.
I could live with that Transition but it definitely would not be my first choice... and I couldn't see myself choosing that unless it was basically the last option.

Posted: Jul 27, 2021 at 10:49 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
obee1 wrote:
anyone else at the age that, while camping, the weather gets so bad you just say f*ck it and go home early? with summer camping its a teachers advantage for sure, but i never feel great about pulling the chute early.
we left fernie a day early because it was so f*cking hot that we were all getting bored and on each others nerves. weird trip.
real talk mtn biking is just so different for me from like, five years ago. i might have outridden all my f*cks.
I really don't think anything could better capture my state of mind these days.


As far as bailing on camping, it's all about safety vs comfort... if the weather is hot or cold enough that it's legitimately unsafe if there's a problem then I don't feel bad but otherwise, I'm inclined to gut it out and let everyone else go home early to get some time to myself if anything.

Very true. Safety for the fur children too. We saw temperatures to 43 deg C on our holiday or almost 110 deg F.
I had a direct talk to the campground operator to explain that it was too hot for the dogs at the beach and too hot in the trailer and that I needed to run the generator outside of the normal hours to keep the dogs alive.

For the first 3 or 4 days, I went through 5 gallons a day in the Honda generator running the A/C 30 minutes on 45 min to an hour off and full time during generator run hours.

Posted: Jul 27, 2021 at 13:39 Quote
Hard to sell a purple bike. Buddy had a green and purple Spartan and it was nobody wanted it due to the colour.

In Whistler on vacation for a few a days just did some pedal laps on black comb hey bud then back up to dark crystal good times. Off to Pemberton tomorrow morning to ride some more and see how the legs hold out.

Congrats James meant to be if it comes together that quickly.

Posted: Jul 27, 2021 at 15:11 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
husstler wrote:
I’m in a tiny minority here but would intentionally buy a purple bike.

Headed to Revy again in a few weeks. Hoping the fires and heat dome have weakened by then. I think another 2 days in the bike park on a hard tail might be painful so I will probably just rent.

5620 does feel like it wastes a lot of elevation, maybe in an “embarrassment of riches” kind of way. If they had a blue tech trail that long with that elevation change I’d be right into it.

The dark purple of the new Transition Spire is great. Would ride that no problem at all.
Struggling with lavender.


Part of me really wants to see a pistachio fork on that bad boy. Ditch the black graphics for pistachio. If you're going purple you might as well do it up.

Posted: Jul 27, 2021 at 15:14 Quote
Go lavender shred! I saw one being serviced at the local bike shop and it is fine. You just need to update your kit to more modern flower prints and fancy mono lens sunglasses, which you should be doing anyway.

Posted: Jul 27, 2021 at 15:57 Quote
This is the bike in question.
Santa Cruz decals would be swapped for black or metallic grey. Fork matched or blacked out. All other bits black or silver.

2021 Santa Cruz Bullit Photo Max Schumann

Posted: Jul 27, 2021 at 15:58 Quote
Poachninja wrote:
Go lavender shred! I saw one being serviced at the local bike shop and it is fine. You just need to update your kit to more modern flower prints and fancy mono lens sunglasses, which you should be doing anyway.

And it’s already started. Lol

Posted: Jul 27, 2021 at 16:00 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
This is the bike in question.
Santa Cruz decals would be swapped for black or metallic grey. Fork matched or blacked out. All other bits black or silver.

2021 Santa Cruz Bullit Photo Max Schumann
f*ck that's awful... it's almost pastel.

Posted: Jul 27, 2021 at 16:18 Quote
Ok I read a couple pages, yes James! Happy for you bro. Shredb4dead do you prefer VPP or 4 bar suspension, I had VPP and I prefer four bar linkage. But a good 600 to 700 watt battery is a must!

I ran into an a full grown female elk Friday evening on my way to Rossland. I was 50 kms away from Rossland and in a strait I hit the thing at 80 km/hour, had a fraction of a second to brake lean my head against the headrest stiffen my arms and let the total weight of my truck, camper and trailer that had a 6000 pound machine on it hit the thing so I did not feel much of an impact and got checked over by the paramedics and no seatbelt mark or pain from it, no whiplash, I was really lucky!!!
I’m out in Rossland and because the fire danger is so high we can only work until 1pm, have a piss tank, Pulaski and spade shovel and stay 2 hours extra to make sure no fire was started. Guess who is getting up at 4:30 now

Posted: Jul 27, 2021 at 16:18 Quote
Poachninja wrote:
Go lavender shred! I saw one being serviced at the local bike shop and it is fine. You just need to update your kit to more modern flower prints and fancy mono lens sunglasses, which you should be doing anyway.
lol


 
Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.025109
Mobile Version of Website