Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Jul 28, 2021 at 14:58 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
What sold me on e-bikes was multiple people that I know are better riders than I am telling me they didn't make their rides easier, they made them faster and longer but not easier.

This ^^^. I am not in the market for an ebike yet but if I had less children and more money, there would be an ebike in my garage.

Posted: Jul 28, 2021 at 14:59 Quote
d-man wrote:
criscokid25 wrote:
Anyone have some beta on Nakusp? Thinking of heading that way in a few weeks for some camping and hotsprings. Any info you guys have on good hiking spots, beaches, camping etc would be appreciated!
Camp at Mount Abriel rec area, fantastic bike trails for all ages and abilities. Huge sites and beside the lake.

Sounds great! I see that it is a rec site so first come first served. Any thoughts on how busy it would be? Rolling up and having no spots would make my better half lose her shit.

Posted: Jul 28, 2021 at 15:12 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
What sold me on e-bikes was multiple people that I know are better riders than I am telling me they didn't make their rides easier, they made them faster and longer but not easier.

Yeah it’s different.

Posted: Jul 28, 2021 at 16:08 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
jamezyo wrote:
shredb4dead wrote:
This is the bike in question.
Santa Cruz decals would be swapped for black or metallic grey. Fork matched or blacked out. All other bits black or silver.

2021 Santa Cruz Bullit Photo Max Schumann
Is this new or used. Just saw exact bike was pinched in Calgary

The one I'm considering is new at a shop. Not used.

I’d have you down to design a pretty cool wrap for that bike Shred, most probably better than any off the peg stuff.

Not sure how much a Lavender bike sells for secondhand , if that even matters - obviously, once your finished with it.

Posted: Jul 28, 2021 at 16:44 Quote
criscokid25 wrote:
d-man wrote:
criscokid25 wrote:
Anyone have some beta on Nakusp? Thinking of heading that way in a few weeks for some camping and hotsprings. Any info you guys have on good hiking spots, beaches, camping etc would be appreciated!
Camp at Mount Abriel rec area, fantastic bike trails for all ages and abilities. Huge sites and beside the lake.

Sounds great! I see that it is a rec site so first come first served. Any thoughts on how busy it would be? Rolling up and having no spots would make my better half lose her shit.

We’ve stayed at Valhalla on summit like and enjoyed it a lot. Water and paddling in the summer heat is pretty nice.

We generally lump nakusp new Denver etc all into one. Idaho peak fire lookout is an amazing hike for how short it is. And Wakefield is a must do ride for me any time I’m in the region. Not because it’s mind blowing trail... more just because it’s there. If you find yourself up at Nakusp hot springs, the little Cedar grove walk is nice and the kuskanax creek hot spring trail is a good xc ride if you wanna ride back to town.

Posted: Jul 28, 2021 at 16:47 Quote
criscokid25 wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:

This ^^^. I am not in the market for an ebike yet but if I had less children and more money, there would be an ebike in my garage.

I resemble this comment as well.

Posted: Jul 28, 2021 at 21:25 Quote

Call me crazy, but I would have decals made for that in the WWII "Dazzle" camouflage pattern that was used on ships. I'd leave that sweet lavender color, and the dazzle would just be done with black. I'd ghost the SC logo in the Dazzle pattern.

Attention I'm not right in the head, so don't listen to me.Attention

Posted: Jul 28, 2021 at 21:50 Quote
criscokid25 wrote:
d-man wrote:
criscokid25 wrote:

I would expect it is busy on weekends, appears that BC is back to full on holiday season.
Call Shon's bike shop, he is the guy out there.

Posted: Jul 28, 2021 at 21:53 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
This is what I tell people and the fun factor is at max all the time.

Posted: Jul 28, 2021 at 23:26 Quote
ToddM1 wrote:

Call me crazy, but I would have decals made for that in the WWII "Dazzle" camouflage pattern that was used on ships. I'd leave that sweet lavender color, and the dazzle would just be done with black. I'd ghost the SC logo in the Dazzle pattern.

Great idea... interestingly I recently drew such a thing for fun...

Posted: Jul 28, 2021 at 23:32 Quote
RIP Dusty Hill.
The man could hold down the rhythm like a ton of lead.

Posted: Jul 28, 2021 at 23:43 Quote
One of my favorite bands. Really sad to see this.

Posted: Jul 29, 2021 at 0:41 Quote
Chris’ snapped a crank arm this weekend and Pat blew his shock and his motor. That’s another ride where the e bikers walked out. The motor burned because the magnet in the rotor went missing? WTF.

Posted: Jul 29, 2021 at 1:42 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
ToddM1 wrote:

Great idea... interestingly I recently drew such a thing for fun...

Yeah Todd, I am onboard with this, that’s one of my absolute faves right there, especially on an ebike with a mahooosive downtube

Comes up every couple years online for me anyways

Posted: Jul 29, 2021 at 1:47 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
One of my favorite bands. Really sad to see this.

Equally as popular over here at the time, who didn’t have a tape or two? Catchy in every way, fun days

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.025383
Mobile Version of Website