Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Sep 16, 2021 at 10:28 Quote
GP footage from Silverstone got my heckles up, two wheel drift at just shy of 150mph then further lighting up the rear to make the exit

No thank you

Posted: Sep 16, 2021 at 10:34 Quote
Soupherb wrote:
Yep, I’m a dirt to road guy, sliders, rear wheel slewing corner exiting slingshot idiot

..then back to dirt, I am irresponsible on the road, so took myself away

Parking my bike t-bone style into a friends mums car at 90mph whilst still braking still haunts me, that and the bike spinning up the back wheel doing a burnout with nobody aboard as I’m 160yds down the road

Watch every race that I possibly can, road racing in Ireland, Manx TT, endurance series, BSB, WSB and GP .. plus the smaller bikes in between, still love it , but f*ck doing 150mph with my foot on the back brake over crests .. this old man is too slow and those fine skills are wayyy gone

LOL....I would hate to try and follow you.... lol

I don't get to watch hardly any racing anymore. which sucks a$$. love all the ones you mentioned though.... plus a little flat-track thrown in for good measure Wink

Posted: Sep 16, 2021 at 10:36 Quote
Any Isle of Mann footage makes me equal parts terrified and impressed. That shit is gnarly.

Posted: Sep 16, 2021 at 10:37 Quote
adm750 wrote:
Soupherb wrote:
Yep, I’m a dirt to road guy, sliders, rear wheel slewing corner exiting slingshot idiot

..then back to dirt, I am irresponsible on the road, so took myself away

Parking my bike t-bone style into a friends mums car at 90mph whilst still braking still haunts me, that and the bike spinning up the back wheel doing a burnout with nobody aboard as I’m 160yds down the road

Watch every race that I possibly can, road racing in Ireland, Manx TT, endurance series, BSB, WSB and GP .. plus the smaller bikes in between, still love it , but f*ck doing 150mph with my foot on the back brake over crests .. this old man is too slow and those fine skills are wayyy gone

LOL....I would hate to try and follow you.... lol

I don't get to watch hardly any racing anymore. which sucks a$$. love all the ones you mentioned though.... plus a little flat-track thrown in for good measure Wink

I am so jealous of the flat track crew man, I’d love a pop at that, friend raced Speedway, but it didn’t appeal at the time
Trials is what I should have done, would have made mtb better fo sho

Posted: Sep 16, 2021 at 10:40 Quote
That latest flat track Yammy looks nice

We raced all our local roads flat out , group of five , so someone was always being a twat

Roads are busier now , puts me off two wheels as nobody cares

Posted: Sep 16, 2021 at 10:43 Quote
We had such a good laugh, fond memories, burnouts & doughnuts in city centres just because we could, clipped a girls elbow at 70mph on cobbled streets, she span like a spinning top

I was a wanker

What was best was the amount of different bikes we all rode, riding your mates bike whilst looking at a friend on the back wheel of your bike was/is priceless

Posted: Sep 16, 2021 at 10:46 Quote
criscokid25 wrote:
Any Isle of Mann footage makes me equal parts terrified and impressed. That shit is gnarly.

My mind can’t process the amount of information required to pilot a bike fast enough around there

When I go next I promise to share footage
.. of others! Lol

Posted: Sep 16, 2021 at 10:49 Quote
All down to concentration , when I bought my Shoei, it all changed for me, I was f*cking ‘on it’ , no distractions, race face the lot

Think we all thought we were Eddie Lawson or Kevin Schwantz

Deluded but breathing

Posted: Sep 16, 2021 at 10:56 Quote
criscokid25 wrote:
This 100%... like I'm absolutely in awe but I'm also fully aware that I lack both the skills and the balls to ever even try to get on that level.

Posted: Sep 16, 2021 at 11:00 Quote
Last post about bikes coz am buzzin now

Last big jap multi I rode was at 180mph after overtaking a Scooby at 140nph on the A30 toward Carland cross on a left hander giving him the bird (he was up for it, he thought it was on.. I could tell by his mannerisms and position of his motor) .. this was a brand new bike out the showroom for a test drive after a 10year hiatus from motorbikes..

Yeah , f*ck that, my days are done

Posted: Sep 16, 2021 at 11:10 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
What's a Scooby?

Subaru WRX

UK thang bud, it was a yellow one if I recall, don’t know if it was a production colour or custom, but I just knew he thought it was the tits

Next section of road he would have left me for dead ..

Posted: Sep 16, 2021 at 11:20 Quote
can you believe that for the longest time the saturday before the isle of mann tt race happened, the course was open to civilians wanting to run it? my dad said that they called race day crutch day or some shit because of the number of wankers who crashed the day before. bananas.

kyle dunnigans one of americas best kept secrets.

Posted: Sep 16, 2021 at 11:31 Quote
I don’t assume much, but I will assume that everyone here could have died more than a handful of times due to two wheels alone, motorised or otherwise

I believe that why I didn’t die was because I didn’t ever ever take chances with anything bike related, maintenance, eyes on the bike before and after every ride. Best rubber I could afford, best oil, best fuel. Prior to every ride, bike had to be immaculately clean, chain perfect no slack, engine warmed up coz tolerances matter, likewise tires, everything at its optimum, I was trippin on bikes and from the amount of posts looks like I still am ha

Leathers, and boots , top lid and the best Italian gloves - I hear kangaroo is a thing now, I was a goatskin guy lol

Edit: and importantly, I rode every day or at least 6 out of 7 for years, no cars, work and play. Winter riding sure as hell makes you know every f*cking manhole and overbanding that existed locally

Posted: Sep 16, 2021 at 11:34 Quote
Yep...too many near misses to count. Equal parts fearless and idiot makes for some interesting life moments.... perhaps in my case the scales tip more towards the idiot side.... Eek

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.034331
Mobile Version of Website