Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Sep 16, 2021 at 15:31 Quote
Ain’t no wrong way to ride any bike , no matter what people think

I don’t wear gloves on mtb’s bar winter

Had a bad ‘off’ accelerating out of a roundabout onto a dual carriageway, 40yds on to palms left right left right.. , it was at this point that I believed I may have been in a dream , concussed after hitting a road sign were the facts though. Lorry driver said he saw it rattle, thought it was gonna be bad. New gloves next day.
‘First‘ time I ever self diagnosed concussion -spoke with the Paramedic attending, told him I was convinced I could ride home with no clutch and a bent bar with no front brake - seconds later realising that I had just repeated myself word for word, he smiled, I got into the ambulance

O+
Posted: Sep 16, 2021 at 15:37 Quote
Too many ripped up hands to ride without gloves and the fact that I sweat so much it's not easy to hang on to the grips. Knee pads on the other hand are not for me at least where I live. If I lived somewhere with rocks that had sharper edges I would probably be more likely to wear them.

Posted: Sep 16, 2021 at 16:00 Quote
I put kneepads before gloves. Serious long term injury vs some scratches..

Posted: Sep 16, 2021 at 16:08 Quote
mtbman1980 wrote:
Too many ripped up hands to ride without gloves and the fact that I sweat so much it's not easy to hang on to the grips. Knee pads on the other hand are not for me at least where I live. If I lived somewhere with rocks that had sharper edges I would probably be more likely to wear them.

I ride the front a lot, ‘have to have feel’ or I am crashing hard and often

Knee pads and elbow pads

Strongly think that if the fit is correct, then more people would wear more safety items more often. So distracting and uncomfortable when shit don’t fit, unrideable on occasion. Good fitting means comfort, comfort means forget and just ride

Posted: Sep 16, 2021 at 16:22 Quote
@Soup and Obee....killer stories. how we survived some of this shit is absolutely beyond me. Sometimes telling my foibles like that back to people they look at me in horror. me: oh...my bad... That really is like a bad thing isn't it? lol

Swan - Chonky's flat ass bad ass....! tup

gotta have gloves guys...too many crashes digging little grains of pavement out of my palms with tweezers. Tony no likey....

I do wear knee guards when MTB'ing...it's kindof a pain in the pedally sections but I've gotten my money's worth out of those bastards this season... shiiiiiiiiiiiiiit..... Facepalm

I need to find a good set of elbow pads...and a chin bar for my helmet.....

O+
Posted: Sep 16, 2021 at 16:24 Quote
patience is a virtue, patience is a virtue

f@ck it I'm getting impatient, I have been waiting to leave in the new to me truck (2014 F350 gasoline)to pick up my machine and then head to Thunder Bay but I"m still waiting on the leasing company who should have had my stuff a few days and I have been hounding them so that shit gets done.

GRRRRR, you are pissing my revenues away is what I would like to say!

Posted: Sep 16, 2021 at 16:33 Quote
No gloves here either... in fact I had to borrow shreds gloves at the star cause more hot laps than Im used to lol

Posted: Sep 16, 2021 at 16:44 Quote
One of you guys mentioned this dude back along

Man knows a thing or two
https://www.instagram.com/p/CT5qUvYJgDF/?utm_medium=copy_link

Check his inventory. One legit reason for browsing the Internet. Peruse with pleasure. One thing for everyone
photo

Don’t see the teapot^^
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo

Details, details everywhere, the more you look, the closer you look, the more that appears and becomes apparent. Visually stunning and crafted, not bought. Accomplished yet just out of the starting blocks. Rad

O+
Posted: Sep 16, 2021 at 16:50 Quote
On pedal bicycles...
I wore all the storm trooper kit head to toe, even shams, until an accident in 2011.

Then started wearing nothing protective but a helmet with the idea I’d be more cautious.

I’ve fallen in love with the comfort and convenience of a t-shirt, shorts, helmet, time to ride. Man I don’t miss the dirty stinky sweaty pads, shams, gloves, etc

O+
Posted: Sep 16, 2021 at 16:53 Quote
I'm a wot kinda guy, which is a bit of an issue on the road.
The last time I rode my GPZ 750 probably 30 years ago I got a speed wobble at around 180km when I was passing a car, Went home put it up for sale.

O+
Posted: Sep 16, 2021 at 16:54 Quote
jerome wrote:
patience is a virtue, patience is a virtue

f@ck it I'm getting impatient, I have been waiting to leave in the new to me truck (2014 F350 gasoline)to pick up my machine and then head to Thunder Bay but I"m still waiting on the leasing company who should have had my stuff a few days and I have been hounding them so that shit gets done.

GRRRRR, you are pissing my revenues away is what I would like to say!

That sucks dude, at least you were able to find something. Not much Available these days.

O+
Posted: Sep 16, 2021 at 16:55 Quote
mysticmountainadventures wrote:
On pedal bicycles...
I wore all the storm trooper kit head to toe, even shams, until an accident in 2011.

Then started wearing nothing protective but a helmet with the idea I’d be more cautious.

I’ve fallen in love with the comfort and convenience of a t-shirt, shorts, helmet, time to ride. Man I don’t miss the dirty stinky sweaty pads, shams, gloves, etc

Me too, used to have a full Dianese suit bitd.
Never missed it until 2 weeks ago....

Posted: Sep 16, 2021 at 16:58 Quote
So with the fact my leg is now infected, my arm has a three skin deep layer hole in it and my ass is still weeping ......

It will be mace shin guards , forearm guards and my dh style shorts again.

I threw the guards on the other day over the road rash......they covered everything plus.......

I always wear gloves. I'm particular in the fit but always wear em.

Always a lid. No matter what.

Posted: Sep 16, 2021 at 17:00 Quote
If I ever get a mc again it will be full gear. Just because I have no self control.

I rode my Harley in t-shirts and jeans mostly. Occasionally tactile pants and jacket but mostly t and jeans. After this mess on the dj.....never again.

Posted: Sep 16, 2021 at 17:16 Quote
d-man wrote:
I'm a wot kinda guy, which is a bit of an issue on the road.
The last time I rode my GPZ 750 probably 30 years ago I got a speed wobble at around 180km when I was passing a car, Went home put it up for sale.

I hit a turtle on the Fla Turnpike one time. Rolling 110 on my friends GSXR1100. Thought I was gonna have to replace the seat from the ass pucker tugging the fabric up...

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.049312
Mobile Version of Website