Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Sep 16, 2021 at 17:16 Quote
d-man wrote:
I'm a wot kinda guy, which is a bit of an issue on the road.
The last time I rode my GPZ 750 probably 30 years ago I got a speed wobble at around 180km when I was passing a car, Went home put it up for sale.

I hit a turtle on the Fla Turnpike one time. Rolling 110 on my friends GSXR1100. Thought I was gonna have to replace the seat from the ass pucker tugging the fabric up...

Posted: Sep 16, 2021 at 17:20 Quote
adm750 wrote:
d-man wrote:
I'm a wot kinda guy, which is a bit of an issue on the road.
The last time I rode my GPZ 750 probably 30 years ago I got a speed wobble at around 180km when I was passing a car, Went home put it up for sale.

I hit a turtle on the Fla Turnpike one time. Rolling 110 on my friends GSXR1100. Thought I was gonna have to replace the seat from the ass pucker tugging the fabric up...

Sphincter clenching moments tup

Posted: Sep 16, 2021 at 17:34 Quote
I stuffed a kx 250 once at full speed into a corn field once.

Not beuno.

We had a local Agricultural college with gravel roads in leading to massive test Agricultural fields. Corn and such. Was brapping along and went full blitz on a straight and forgot about the corner.....pretty much full tilt in to a corn field. About 3/4 grown. I had bruises on my legs and hands for weeks.

Dented my pipe and bent the shift lever.

Again. No self control.

Posted: Sep 16, 2021 at 17:46 Quote
whoadragon wrote:

Not beuno.

We had a local Agricultural college with gravel roads in leading to massive test Agricultural fields. Corn and such. Was brapping along and went full blitz on a straight and forgot about the corner.....pretty much full tilt in to a corn field. About 3/4 grown. I had bruises on my legs and hands for weeks.

Again. No self control.

Hahaha haha that was worth it just for us to hear now hahaha

I have images in my head

Posted: Sep 16, 2021 at 18:02 Quote
Soupherb wrote:
whoadragon wrote:

Not beuno.

Again. No self control.

I have images in my head

I was imagining the hole in the corn field. Hah

Posted: Sep 16, 2021 at 18:03 Quote
Pure sex Soup... that top Duc is making my shorts sticky

Posted: Sep 16, 2021 at 19:10 Quote
cool bikes soup..! would bang yammamonster repeatedly...

was rolling on this when I hit that turtle...

another ah-ha moment on this bike, I was 4th in line hauling ass chasing some fast guys in our group on some two lane back roads heading to this little town with a cool bar. Whole pack of us....back to back sweepers and 90's between some short chutes...we're shittin' and gittin....

They bail into this right hander...unfamiliar with the roads, I initiate the lean when the guy in front of me starts to turn.... BIG mistake...I'm back a bike length, so that put me early into a tighty righty when I should have waited and turned where he did. Early apexing puts me into the oncoming lane...F**K....!! CAR!!!....

Like a flash I ditch left eyeing a sidewalk. Hop a grass strip, hit that sidewalk at speed, skim the brakes.....look right....nobody....down a gear....hop off the curb and jet back in behind the pack. F**k...lost one spot...now in 5th...

We stop and grab a beer. Everyone that was behind me was like..."holy shit man...what the hell..!?!?! dude you barely missed that fire hydrant....!!"

what fire hydrant....? Eek

90 model

Posted: Sep 16, 2021 at 19:11 Quote
mysticmountainadventures wrote:
On pedal bicycles...
I wore all the storm trooper kit head to toe, even shams, until an accident in 2011.

Then started wearing nothing protective but a helmet with the idea I’d be more cautious.

I’ve fallen in love with the comfort and convenience of a t-shirt, shorts, helmet, time to ride. Man I don’t miss the dirty stinky sweaty pads, shams, gloves, etc

I was surprised to see you shredding so hard with out knee pads on!
You are a samurai!

Posted: Sep 16, 2021 at 19:25 Quote
husstler wrote:
Soupherb wrote:
whoadragon wrote:

Not beuno.

Again. No self control.

I have images in my head

lol I know...!! big f**king hole

tries hand at making crop circles....clearly lacks understanding of the word 'circle' in the application.

epic fail

...great story dragon...!

Posted: Sep 16, 2021 at 19:29 Quote
husstler wrote:
Soupherb wrote:
whoadragon wrote:

Not beuno.

Again. No self control.

I have images in my head

Still chuckling here lol

Posted: Sep 16, 2021 at 19:31 Quote
jamezyo wrote:
I was surprised to see you shredding so hard with out knee pads on!
You are a samurai!

man the only thing i've ever shredded is cheese Redface
some day I'll be able to hit all stuff you were

Posted: Sep 16, 2021 at 19:40 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Pure sex Soup... that top Duc is making my shorts sticky

I almost blew suet the first time

Posted: Sep 16, 2021 at 19:46 Quote
adm750 wrote:
cool bikes soup..! would bang yammamonster repeatedly...

was rolling on this when I hit that turtle...

another ah-ha moment on this bike, I was 4th in line hauling ass chasing some fast guys in our group on some two lane back roads heading to this little town with a cool bar. Whole pack of us....back to back sweepers and 90's between some short chutes...we're shittin' and gittin....

They bail into this right hander...unfamiliar with the roads, I initiate the lean when the guy in front of me starts to turn.... BIG mistake...I'm back a bike length, so that put me early into a tighty righty when I should have waited and turned where he did. Early apexing puts me into the oncoming lane...F**K....!! CAR!!!....

Like a flash I ditch left eyeing a sidewalk. Hop a grass strip, hit that sidewalk at speed, skim the brakes.....look right....nobody....down a gear....hop off the curb and jet back in behind the pack. F**k...lost one spot...now in 5th...

We stop and grab a beer. Everyone that was behind me was like..."holy shit man...what the hell..!?!?! dude you barely missed that fire hydrant....!!"

what fire hydrant....? Eek

90 model

Ha! Shit happens so damn quick ..

Maybe we’re all dead already lol long as we don’t run into that kid that f*cked Bruce Willis, we should be fine

Seriously though, glad we had this chat, my natural chems have kept me up til now ..0345am here.

J, K or L? I ought to know , gonna say K and google

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.042291
Mobile Version of Website