Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Sep 20, 2021 at 3:39 Quote
obee1 wrote:
adm750 wrote:
Soupherb wrote:

tup yes, great bike

my father had a CB750. The green one, 72 or 74 model.....spoke wheels and a Kerker 4-1 exhaust kit on it. He used to love tear-assing around it. Starting out, I rode sitting up in front of him and we'd go do a full day of cruising. As I got older I graduated to riding on the back properly. He even mounted a padded backrest for me...lol...

In my early years it was just he and I, (I was a textbook latch-key kid growing up), and I really relished the times we got out and did things like this together. Road trips cruising old country backroads, popping up to the hardware store while we fixed something on the house, back and forth to the National Guard Hanger....out to the RC plane airfield Wink

Fond memories of that our time together on that old bike. That thing was solid... tup

same. only time i saw dad was for baseball or moto. and when he owned a harley it was sit in the shop, watch him swear and wrench. when he gave up the ghost and bought jap bikes, suddenly we were riding all over southern ontario. his brothers and club friends gave him shit right in front of me over the betrayal.
mom made him put a f*cking seatbelt on it when i was real little. imagine. that didn't last long.
i loved riding backroads goin nowhere fast, straightenin the curves, flattenin the hills. me waylon for more the whole ride.

lol a f**king seatbelt..! that's epic. God love moms for doing their best trying to make shit safe no matter how poorly conceived the idea was. Mine couldn't give two f**ks so we'll leave her on the short list.

oh yeah....Dad had several Harleys. A couple hot-rodded bikes all cafe/drag style, then this white dresser prior to the CB. total hooligan growing up....

Posted: Sep 20, 2021 at 8:27 Quote
whoadragon wrote:
Nhl and rugby the the only sports I watch on TV now.

I'd watch road course sedans if I stumbled on it or stadium trucks but I rarely see those on my channels.

I watch a shit ton of bowhunting on YouTube. Some fishing, mostly hard water fishing.

I watch the hunting channel's when they are on for free.....lol

dragon i've known you for a long time and look forward to meeting you. i've busted your balls before and i've earned fair responses in return, but the idea of watching SOMEONE ELSE ice fishing on youtube is the most accidentally hilarious thing i have heard of in a long time.
like, i really enjoy fishing, and i have very mediocre results but enjoy it nonetheless. you are better at fishing then me for sure, and maybe thats why- but i've ice fished before and its the most boring thing i've ever done. you don't see shit. thats why everybody gets so drunk. in the hope that someone falls in the hole. anything for some stimulation.
the idea of watching ice fishing is right up there with watching a video of people waiting for public transport. even that has more anticipation. here comes the bus, look its slowing down, doors opening, hurray. f*cking watching ice fishing is nothing nothing ice nothing ice nothing empty beer can rolls by, nothing nothing, fish head in hole.
you're a more patient man than me thats for sure.
just ball bustin

i'll stick to the nfl. ravens v chiefs was a burner. bills stomped the dolphins. i got lots recorded. good treadmill fodder.

Posted: Sep 20, 2021 at 8:34 Quote
that was some funny shit.....

O+
Posted: Sep 20, 2021 at 9:19 Quote
youtube ice fishing is where it's at

check out mav

Posted: Sep 20, 2021 at 9:33 Quote
obee1 wrote:
straightenin the curves, flattenin the hills. me waylon for more the whole ride.
Someday the mountain might get 'em, but the law never will.

Posted: Sep 20, 2021 at 11:06 Quote
Well when you fish the St Lawrence and have crystal clear water to 25 feet....it's like a video game.

Watching a 20lb river monster Northern Pike sit an inch from your bait......just waiting for him to smash it....... the ticker gets pumping.

I also know what you mean about boring but the anticipation is the key cause you never know.

Posted: Sep 20, 2021 at 12:54 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
obee1 wrote:
straightenin the curves, flattenin the hills. me waylon for more the whole ride.
Someday the mountain might get 'em, but the law never will.

thank god. i was beginning to question myself.

Posted: Sep 20, 2021 at 12:57 Quote
whoadragon wrote:
Well when you fish the St Lawrence and have crystal clear water to 25 feet....it's like a video game.

Watching a 20lb river monster Northern Pike sit an inch from your bait......just waiting for him to smash it....... the ticker gets pumping.

I also know what you mean about boring but the anticipation is the key cause you never know.

this all makes sense and ruins my previous argument. of course, i prefaced it by saying he was a better fisherman than me, and really the only living thing i remember seeing in an ice fishing hole was our midget friend mark mainella when he got so drunk he fell in.

Posted: Sep 20, 2021 at 16:33 Quote
It can be boring af if.....your a regular drinking out with the boys ice fishing person.

Come out with us and there is shit to do! More holes. Cleaning holes. Switch baits. Full out move to a new spot on the lake.

Fishing in clear water is f*cking awsome. Full on real life video game. Fishing for perch ( 13 to 15 inches perch! ) is ridiculously fun.

We fish a few stained lakes in winter and it can be boring.....but more holes! Jigging. Etc.

When a tip up goes off and you gotta run to get to it , fight a 15 lb pike by hand it gets addicting fast.

We run rods as muchbas possible to be able to fight the traditionally but man when a big pike of bass takes off and the line is screaming though the fingers...... fun shit.

We don't drink and fish. No point. I can drink at home.

You have to like fishing. And need to pay attention to the detail and its actually pretty easy.

Plus cheap.

You need a hand auger, rod reel and bait. Something to sit on.

Like under 200 bucks.

No boat. No truck. Just walk out and pop holes till you catch fish.

We have a really nice hut and heater. Nice rods and reels. Small ice sled. No electronics. Hand auger.

So not full out but 1/2 way. 3/4 by end of this season......

Posted: Sep 20, 2021 at 17:05 Quote
bro i love ya but i you keep saying you like you are talking to me. i live in the f*ckin rocky mountains. ain't no way i'm gonna sit on a block of ice looking at ice feeling like ice and then look up and see snow covered mountains all around me. on the chance that i catch a fish accidentally.
i don't even f*cking drink.
i would have more fun waiting at the lake louise ski shuttle bus stop. it would basically be the same except for knowing that i would get to ski once i get on the bus.
unless the c*nt wants a passport i suppose.

Posted: Sep 20, 2021 at 17:26 Quote
Sight fishing salmon on the Kenai peninsula in early August beats freezing your ass off mid-winter fishing for anything, anywhere... Promise.

Posted: Sep 20, 2021 at 17:38 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
Sight fishing salmon on the Kenai peninsula in early August beats freezing your ass off mid-winter fishing for anything, anywhere... Promise.

bro back in my drinking days i gotta blotto at a luau- loo wow, woke up outside on the lawn furniture, barfed pulled pork and bourbon for six hours while lying on the bathroom floor of my hotel room and hearing my wife theatrically lament my sheer existence the entire time while she tried unsuccessfully to find my wallet. this, and every other f*cking moment you could experience in hawaii, is better than ice fishing. promise.

Posted: Sep 20, 2021 at 17:43 Quote
obee1 wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:

bro back in my drinking days i gotta blotto at a luau- loo wow, woke up outside on the lawn furniture, barfed pulled pork and bourbon for six hours while lying on the bathroom floor of my hotel room and hearing my wife theatrically lament my sheer existence the entire time while she tried unsuccessfully to find my wallet. this, and every other f*cking moment you could experience in hawaii, is better than ice fishing. promise.
Believable... there's only on scenario I can envision where I'd enjoy ice fishing, and that's if it was the only way for me to catch a fish to eat to keep from dying. And even then, I think "enjoy" would be a generous description.

Posted: Sep 20, 2021 at 17:46 Quote
Lol. It's not for every one.

Kinda like your wood turning thing .

f*ck that shit. And f*ck wood.

For every hour you spend in your shop making those gorgeous wood artisan things.......

I spend in a tree. Or a blind. Or on the ice. Or on the open water. Same thing.

But no f*cking sawdust.....

Me trying to work wood like you do would see that lathe get stomped in the road. Same with the drawing. Stomp stomp.

Posted: Sep 20, 2021 at 17:48 Quote
Fishing I don’t understand. Bores the living shit out of me.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.058764
Mobile Version of Website