Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Sep 25, 2021 at 4:43 Quote
great news dragon....!

shit news Troy...so sorry man. Frown

I carry my Fisher Space Pen....always have my own pen....

Posted: Sep 25, 2021 at 7:13 Quote
adm750 wrote:
great news dragon....!

shit news Troy...so sorry man. Frown

^this

Posted: Sep 25, 2021 at 7:17 Quote
Since his passing, the norm Macdonald clips are popping up in my YouTube feed... damn there’s some giggles. RIP

https://youtu.be/SNdPStp6lSY

Posted: Sep 25, 2021 at 10:12 Quote
He was a funny dude RIP

Posted: Sep 25, 2021 at 15:19 Quote
dude was funny....

ok...who remembers when you only had to dial 7 digits to call someone unless they were "long distance" Big Grin

and who remembers how careful you had to be dialing a rotary phone...? Blank Stare

man 6th digit f**kups took forever to correct lol

Posted: Sep 25, 2021 at 17:31 Quote
dude even as a kid i would get pissed off about people having too many 9's and 8's in their number cuz it took too long on a rotary phone to spin back to start dialling the next number.

my mom once climbed the steel tube triangular prism'ed tv tower on the side of our house, right to the top, to fix the tv reception. like, what the f*ck did she expect us to do from that day on? tennis ball in the gutter, climb. frisbee on the roof, climb. 14 year old in need of hiding friends ancient gin bottle, climb. cousin steve getting arrested next door, climb.

good old days.

Posted: Sep 25, 2021 at 17:37 Quote
And the 20' long coiled "privacy" cord, so you could talk to the ladies in a different room! lol

Posted: Sep 25, 2021 at 17:38 Quote
I tried to explain a tv antenna rotor to a younger guy at work the other day. He was shocked that’s how things worked.

Posted: Sep 25, 2021 at 17:49 Quote
husstler wrote:
I tried to explain a tv antenna rotor to a younger guy at work the other day. He was shocked that’s how things worked.

Save button is in the form of a floppy disc. Mind blowing.

My main memory was waiting at the cassette tape so I could press record when my favorite song would come on. Had to hit it right or the start would be off by a second or two. Had to wait for the next top 10 count down to get it right.

Posted: Sep 25, 2021 at 18:09 Quote
bkchef2000 wrote:
husstler wrote:

My main memory was waiting at the cassette tape so I could press record when my favorite song would come on. Had to hit it right or the start would be off by a second or two. Had to wait for the next top 10 count down to get it right.

Winding a cassette forward or backward with a pencil to get the gap between songs just right …

Used to cost a lot more time to be truly fussy about things.

Posted: Sep 25, 2021 at 19:02 Quote
holy shit the pre lims are bangin so far. cannot wait to start the main.

Posted: Sep 25, 2021 at 19:11 Quote
bkchef2000 wrote:
husstler wrote:

for real. listening to the top ten at ten and trynna not get caught being up late while recording your favourite quiet riot song.
good times.

memories man, you got me rememberin that when i was young my mom hated my long hair so much that she came in once when i was asleep and cut it all off. so i would close the bedroom door at night and put the butt end of a hockey stick against the door, and the toe of the blade aginst the power button on my stereo. so if someone came in the stereo would turn on. i did that for years.

f*ck man, i haven't thought about that for decades. i would never do something like that to my kids. no wonder i was a f*ck up.

Posted: Sep 25, 2021 at 19:34 Quote
obee1 wrote:
holy shit the pre lims are bangin so far. cannot wait to start the main.

Keep me posted!

Posted: Sep 25, 2021 at 19:35 Quote
bkchef2000 wrote:
husstler wrote:

Then the f*cking DJ would yack in the middle of the song and ruin it. Lol

Posted: Sep 25, 2021 at 19:39 Quote
bkchef2000 wrote:
husstler wrote:

This is how true music aficionados were made. It took extra just to get what you wanted. You didn’t get to just speak into your phone and pull up anything under the sun. You laid in wait like a hunter seeking a glimpse of the rare Skunk Ape...and pulling the trigger dropping it dead.

I remember when KCMU did Metallica A-Z over the course of two shows during a weekend. I got it all. And if Im not mistaken Brain Pain didn’t start until midnight...

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.023349
Mobile Version of Website