Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Oct 17, 2021 at 11:26 Quote
gentlemen.

I have some sad news to share with you. A fellow old school rider and member of this thread with the handle "Finning" had a massive heart attack in his sleep and passed away on Sept.11. I sent Finning (Thomas) a PM about his trip on the West Coast trail and his wife reached out to tell me the news. I only "knew" Thomas through this thread but this hits a bit close to home and I felt the need to share.

I would like to raise a virtual glass to Thomas/Finning and hope that he is riding in peace. Be well my dudes.

Posted: Oct 17, 2021 at 11:26 Quote
criscokid25 wrote:
gentlemen.

I have some sad news to share with you. A fellow old school rider and member of this thread with the handle "Finning" had a massive heart attack in his sleep and passed away on Sept.11. I sent Finning (Thomas) a PM about his trip on the West Coast trail and his wife reached out to tell me the news. I only "knew" Thomas through this thread but this hits a bit close to home and I felt the need to share.

I would like to raise a virtual glass to Thomas/Finning and hope that he is riding in peace. Be well my dudes.

Sad news indeed dude. Here's to Thomas, shred in peace dude.

O+
Posted: Oct 17, 2021 at 11:36 Quote
Here’s to Finning/Thomas. May he Rest In Peace

photo

O+
Posted: Oct 17, 2021 at 11:50 Quote
Sad to hear I know Finning/Thomas was local to courtenay but don’t know if we ever met. At least it happened fast an in his sleep.

Dogs are great we have 2. My buddies lab is always hungry watch the food around them.

O+
Posted: Oct 17, 2021 at 12:33 Quote
criscokid25 wrote:
gentlemen.

This is sad to hear, I hope he rests in peace.

Posted: Oct 17, 2021 at 12:43 Quote
Dogs are awsome.....until they are a pain in the ass but.....1

I'll never not have a dog. Lots of work but the first time you look into it's eyes and your alone.....no other distractions.....and the dog looks into your soul and melts your heart on the spot......it's magic.

It will chew your shit.

It will eat your food.

It will be ahead of you on the who's important in the house.

It will want to pee at 3 am.

It will change your lives for ever.

For the better.

Posted: Oct 17, 2021 at 12:47 Quote
Thoughts go out to the family of Fin, RIP

Posted: Oct 17, 2021 at 12:48 Quote
Spent the day at the family cottage coming it up and pulling the teo big boats and the docks.

My parents normally don't want help with the small stuff normally but today they asked for help turning off the water and power, draining lines and emptying the fridge etc.

I ended up in the water pulling both boats out. I always , always always bring spare clothes!

Posted: Oct 17, 2021 at 13:00 Quote
I always have a change of clothes in my work truck. It has saved me numerous times.

O+
Posted: Oct 17, 2021 at 14:23 Quote
criscokid25 wrote:
gentlemen.

RIP Finning

O+
Posted: Oct 17, 2021 at 16:24 Quote
Dogs are the best. Mine is 90% of what keeps me from blowing up on people on the daily. Dog and my wife really are the only things that keep me together.

That's a bummer to hear about Finning. Nice that his wife did get back to you and let you know what was up.

Life's short boys.

O+
Posted: Oct 17, 2021 at 16:37 Quote
ATV25 wrote:
I always have a change of clothes in my work truck. It has saved me numerous times.

Litterally the first thing I put in the trucks tool box was a full change of clothes.

O+
Posted: Oct 17, 2021 at 17:18 Quote
Hey Swan, you have a septic license yet? It’s pretty easy to get in most areas and opens up some opportunities for a guy in your line of work, I’d guess.

Posted: Oct 17, 2021 at 17:36 Quote
criscokid25 wrote:
get pet insurance. At first I was like f*ck that...$40 a month? My wife got it anyway and turns out we need it. My 5 year old super healthy/fit dog chipped a bone in her elbow... sometimes called jump down syndrome. The vet bills are:

$150- initial visit
$250- to see ortho vet
$1500 (and a trip to kelowna)- CT scan
$??? waiting to see on ortho surgery (also in Kelowna)

$400 deductible but it looks like the rest is going to be covered. I am a pet insurance believer.

This^
The bigger the dog the more the pet insurance comes in handy. Our rotties tore shit knees and such. Without pet insurance fixing them up would have cost us a mint at full pop. I too recommend pet insurance.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.063154
Mobile Version of Website