Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Oct 20, 2021 at 16:02 Quote
Definitely noticed an increase in the cost of goods/fuel hitting the pocket book harder in the last few months. I am sure if you where borderline before you probably see more red than black in the bank account.

Posted: Oct 20, 2021 at 16:03 Quote
Where I live fat liberals are rolling in interwebz dough. It's disgusting how rich and dumb they all are. All prices went up, but they don't care. They f*cking loved the virus, and parade around in masks to celebrate.

Posted: Oct 20, 2021 at 16:09 Quote
Fuel prices definitely suck! On average I purchase about 80 gallons of fuel per week. Also noticed restaurant prices increasing, so I will have to watch what I eat for lunch. Today, I had a french dip and a medium soda, it came to $19.00 and change, Stopped at Mcdonald's the other day and it was $13.00 and change for a freaking Quarter Pounder meal. I guess that is the new norm if minimum wage earners want $25.00/hr with medical, dental, vision, family leave, paid child care, free college tuition, etc, etc.

Time to start packing bologna sammies, I guess...

Posted: Oct 20, 2021 at 18:02 Quote
I just hope we don't see Jimmy Carter like inflation, interest rates & fuel shortages. I can remember my mother being PISSED OFF

Posted: Oct 20, 2021 at 18:24 Quote
ATV25 wrote:
I just hope we don't see Jimmy Carter like inflation, interest rates & fuel shortages. I can remember my mother being PISSED OFF
I pray that's as bad as it gets... something tells me we're in for worse.

Posted: Oct 20, 2021 at 19:06 Quote
It’s gonna get worse. Hold onto your butts.

The equipment I’m selling has seen lead times shift from 4-6 weeks to 14+ weeks for kitchen staples like ovens and refrigeration. Initially it was tied to lack of labor and certain parts being unavailable. Now it’s tied to raw materials; stainless, copper, brass, etc.. not looking good.

Posted: Oct 20, 2021 at 19:18 Quote
bkchef2000 wrote:
It’s gonna get worse. Hold onto your butts.

The equipment I’m selling has seen lead times shift from 4-6 weeks to 14+ weeks for kitchen staples like ovens and refrigeration. Initially it was tied to lack of labor and certain parts being unavailable. Now it’s tied to raw materials; stainless, copper, brass, etc.. not looking good.

My machine took 6 months.. I want a skid steer now and it's almost a full year for machines.

Posted: Oct 20, 2021 at 20:08 Quote
Yep we are seeing shortages on pvc duct and we had a few buildings get delayed because there was a tub shortage.

We have also had electricians not being able to find electrical panels and breakers.

Posted: Oct 20, 2021 at 20:24 Quote
mtbman1980 wrote:
Yep we are seeing shortages on pvc duct and we had a few buildings get delayed because there was a tub shortage.

We have also had electricians not being able to find electrical panels and breakers.

When I bought my house it needed a new panel and a bunch of other jobs and as soon as we found an electrician he bought all the stuff for it. He was telling me that all the parts were there today so it was go time.

I said “yeah, I know about shortages. try buying some metal shimano 4 piston pads or an eagle chain” and he had no idea what the hell I was talking about.

New panel works great.

Posted: Oct 21, 2021 at 1:22 Quote
Aye, the gap between the haves and have nots is for sure increasing, know people who bust a hump working horrific long hours but don't seem to be better off, just treading water.

Posted: Oct 21, 2021 at 4:20 Quote
ya'll sound like you have some high class problems.... Rolleyes

f*cking supply chain is an absolute shit show. Raw materials, labor, it seems never ending. An update from one of my Planners back on Sept. 9th advised that the product I was looking for (past due to our customer from early August) had been sitting in port out on the West coast since July. I was notified last night that they are now enroute to us.

you can't get these motherf**kers off the couch and back to work...

Gas...f*ck....surely less than some areas pay but we're sitting at $3.20/gal for regular unleaded. Nearly double what we were at before our 36-year VP became president. f*cking grocery stores aren't empty but selection of product is becoming more and more unfavorable and prices keep going up. We're not the kind eating NY Strips and shit all the time either. Just trying to keep a family of 4 and three fur friends fed from one day to the next.

Posted: Oct 21, 2021 at 4:50 Quote
What I don’t know is if we are really seeing inflation or supply chain issues. I would guess the difference is whether or not these conditions are temporary.

Posted: Oct 21, 2021 at 5:41 Quote
I've been waiting on shocks for my pick up since early June ! We are fortunate at work to have enough capital to pre buy materials, we are now running low, trying to pre buy more with some success. We are at a balancing point right now, don't know where the economy is headed and don't want to over buy if shit goes any further south !

Posted: Oct 21, 2021 at 5:47 Quote
I used to watch the commodity market price of beef, chicken, pork and dairy for work, that was two years ago. Beef is double the cost if not triple what it was 2 years ago. Don’t know how people are going to be able to afford food.

Adm, I’d love some $3.20 gas right now. Just filled up with 87 for $4.19 a gallon…

Posted: Oct 21, 2021 at 6:08 Quote
^^^^^THIS^^^^^^

X 80 gallons/week.

Fook me....

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.022631
Mobile Version of Website