Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Author Message
Posted: Oct 22, 2021 at 9:19 Quote
PACNW-MTB wrote:
adm750 wrote:
PACNW-MTB wrote:


Spot on! It all starts with being showered with praise for just showing up and not being okay to talk about actual performance.

Does this diminish the meaning of that 18th place trophy I got ?? don't f*ck with my emotions PAC

Not at all, 18th place is quantifiable....you were the 18th loser! Of course, it is all relative. If you took 18th place in a WC downhill, that is something to be proud of. If your 18th place trophy were for, say a spelling bee with 20 contestants, well, then, hopefully you can do the math!

HAPPY FRIDAY to all you old f*cks! Cool

haha....I wish I could take 18th in a WC downhill. f*ck...I'd be happy with last.

I took 45th out of 47 at the C-Scow National Championships when I was racing sailboats back in High School. Got nothing but an ass whoopin there. Redface

Posted: Oct 22, 2021 at 9:33 Quote
adm750 wrote:
PACNW-MTB wrote:
adm750 wrote:


Does this diminish the meaning of that 18th place trophy I got ?? don't f*ck with my emotions PAC

Not at all, 18th place is quantifiable....you were the 18th loser! Of course, it is all relative. If you took 18th place in a WC downhill, that is something to be proud of. If your 18th place trophy were for, say a spelling bee with 20 contestants, well, then, hopefully you can do the math!

HAPPY FRIDAY to all you old f*cks! Cool

haha....I wish I could take 18th in a WC downhill. f*ck...I'd be happy with last.

I took 45th out of 47 at the C-Scow National Championships when I was racing sailboats back in High School. Got nothing but an ass whoopin there. Redface

Just making race day in WC is a freaking achievement. You're talking about the top 1% of riders.
That's why pro's that rarely break the top 25 but are always in the top 50 still get free shit.

Posted: Oct 22, 2021 at 9:39 Quote
oh the irony of CNN calling something a town hall.

on that, did anyone watch the joe rogan podcast with Dr. Sanjay Gupta?
i told a colleague to watch it as he also has a 11 year old son. the episode introduced an argument against vaxxin young boys and i think its a fantastic overall podcast. joe very reasonably addressed a lot of CNN lies.
another colleague, upon hearing me suggest watching the show, interrupted and told ME that i shouldn't watch it because "they shouldnt be talking about covid since neither know anything about it. neither are doctors so they should shut up and trust the science."

Dr. Sanjay Gupta is a doctor.
he didn't like that response.

then he ranted about how its not fair because regular people cannot afford the medicines that rogan is spoiled and enjoys.

i mentioned that rogan used ivermectin and how it was made a generic drug by its creators so anyone could afford to use it.

"HORSE DEWORMER!"

I mentioned that it won the nobel prize for medicine.

FOR HORSE DEWORMING!

it won for its use in humans. its been prescribed well over a billion times.

ITS HORSE DEWORMER not be used for covid or humans!
(he was literally storming around the classroom. the. classroom. no kids in it of course, but the landscape deserves to be mentioned considering the intellectual lockjaw i was dealing with. )

utter pradesh, a province in india of 230 million people, has used it successfully under a media blackout for months now.
"THATS IT! I'M NEVER COMING BACK IN THIS ROOM AGAIN. I'LL NEVER TALK TO YOU AGAIN"

the efficacy of ivermectin was not my focus, i just suggested to someone else to consider watching a podcast. time will tell and i look forward to seeing the walkback about certain details that we all currently are arguing about these days.

but i actually got cancelled in person.

the division is being set everywhere.

Posted: Oct 22, 2021 at 9:45 Quote
obee1 wrote:
oh the irony of CNN calling something a town hall.

on that, did anyone watch the joe rogan podcast with Dr. Sanjay Gupta?
i told a colleague to watch it as he also has a 11 year old son. the episode introduced an argument against vaxxin young boys and i think its a fantastic overall podcast. joe very reasonably addressed a lot of CNN lies.
another colleague, upon hearing me suggest watching the show, interrupted and told ME that i shouldn't watch it because "they shouldnt be talking about covid since neither know anything about it. neither are doctors so they should shut up and trust the science."

Dr. Sanjay Gupta is a doctor.
he didn't like that response.

then he ranted about how its not fair because regular people cannot afford the medicines that rogan is spoiled and enjoys.

i mentioned that rogan used ivermectin and how it was made a generic drug by its creators so anyone could afford to use it.

"HORSE DEWORMER!"

I mentioned that it won the nobel prize for medicine.

FOR HORSE DEWORMING!

it won for its use in humans. its been prescribed well over a billion times.

ITS HORSE DEWORMER not be used for covid or humans!
(he was literally storming around the classroom. the. classroom. no kids in it of course, but the landscape deserves to be mentioned considering the intellectual lockjaw i was dealing with. )

utter pradesh, a province in india of 230 million people, has used it successfully under a media blackout for months now.
"THATS IT! I'M NEVER COMING BACK IN THIS ROOM AGAIN. I'LL NEVER TALK TO YOU AGAIN"

the efficacy of ivermectin was not my focus, i just suggested to someone else to consider watching a podcast. time will tell and i look forward to seeing the walkback about certain details that we all currently are arguing about these days.

but i actually got cancelled in person.

the division is being set everywhere.
Had an almost identical conversation with my idiot liberal step-sister over the weekend. The echo chamber defense is a reflex for them at this point. New facts must not ever be considered unless from an approved source like CNN.

Posted: Oct 22, 2021 at 10:42 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
obee1 wrote:
oh the irony of CNN calling something a town hall.

on that, did anyone watch the joe rogan podcast with Dr. Sanjay Gupta?
i told a colleague to watch it as he also has a 11 year old son. the episode introduced an argument against vaxxin young boys and i think its a fantastic overall podcast. joe very reasonably addressed a lot of CNN lies.
another colleague, upon hearing me suggest watching the show, interrupted and told ME that i shouldn't watch it because "they shouldnt be talking about covid since neither know anything about it. neither are doctors so they should shut up and trust the science."

Dr. Sanjay Gupta is a doctor.
he didn't like that response.

then he ranted about how its not fair because regular people cannot afford the medicines that rogan is spoiled and enjoys.

i mentioned that rogan used ivermectin and how it was made a generic drug by its creators so anyone could afford to use it.

"HORSE DEWORMER!"

I mentioned that it won the nobel prize for medicine.

FOR HORSE DEWORMING!

it won for its use in humans. its been prescribed well over a billion times.

ITS HORSE DEWORMER not be used for covid or humans!
(he was literally storming around the classroom. the. classroom. no kids in it of course, but the landscape deserves to be mentioned considering the intellectual lockjaw i was dealing with. )

utter pradesh, a province in india of 230 million people, has used it successfully under a media blackout for months now.
"THATS IT! I'M NEVER COMING BACK IN THIS ROOM AGAIN. I'LL NEVER TALK TO YOU AGAIN"

the efficacy of ivermectin was not my focus, i just suggested to someone else to consider watching a podcast. time will tell and i look forward to seeing the walkback about certain details that we all currently are arguing about these days.

but i actually got cancelled in person.

the division is being set everywhere.
Had an almost identical conversation with my idiot liberal step-sister over the weekend. The echo chamber defense is a reflex for them at this point. New facts must not ever be considered unless from an approved source like CNN.

talking to these leftists....it's like battling wits with an unarmed person.....

Posted: Oct 22, 2021 at 10:44 Quote
Wow
Everyone has an opinion, but ‘pushing’
their bias onto others? GTFO

Incredible, just a simple conversation blown up into a rant

“Today’s lesson..’

Posted: Oct 22, 2021 at 10:46 Quote
Makes my brain explode when trying to have any fact-based conversation/debate with todays’ dems/libs/sjw when they can’t even stay on topic due to their emotional triggers and indoctrinated programing.

The conversation Obee had is a perfect example. CNN was caught red-handed spinning facts to suit their bias, there is no refuting that, yet they want to deflect that fact by using every logical fallacy known to man.

People that will knowingly defend spin/lies/dishonesty in order to justify their feelings suffer from serious mental issues and should seek professional help or be dispatched from society.

I believe that drug addiction and mental health issues are one of the biggest contributing factors to the angst and division we are seeing, yet it seems precious little is being done about it, Ironically, these mask and vaccine mandates, free money and many of the other social programs being implemented are only serving to exacerbate these already serious dilemmas.

I’ve always considered myself an optimist while still being grounded in reality, but based on the current situation, I’m having a hard time believing the future looks bright for society….

Knowing that history tends to repeat itself, how hard is it for society to continually improve, rather than devolve into the cesspool that is its current reality?

Posted: Oct 22, 2021 at 11:14 Quote
Soupherb wrote:
Wow
Everyone has an opinion, but ‘pushing’
their bias onto others? GTFO

Incredible, just a simple conversation blown up into a rant

“Today’s lesson..’

That's generally where I draw the line on talking to people. I'm happy to discuss things even in a somewhat heated manner. But once it gets to the my way or you're offending me line. I'm out.

Posted: Oct 22, 2021 at 11:56 Quote
onemanarmy wrote:
Soupherb wrote:
Wow
Everyone has an opinion, but ‘pushing’
their bias onto others? GTFO

Incredible, just a simple conversation blown up into a rant

“Today’s lesson..’

That's generally where I draw the line on talking to people. I'm happy to discuss things even in a somewhat heated manner. But once it gets to the my way or you're offending me line. I'm out.

the funny part is that upon the initial dismissive response from said colleague, i immediately agreed and said that he was right and he shouldn't watch the podcast because he already made his mind up about it without even having to watch.
this motivated him to tell me that i shouldn't watch podcasts like that. imagine being so committed to your recreational authoritarianism that you feel comfortable telling others what is ok to look at, and ok to talk about. the worst kind of tyrrany is the one that allows its perpetrators to sleep well at night because they truly believe they know whats best for others.

it feels like the average energy in the people around me is similar to the anxiety levels of someone driving thru rush hour traffic in a city they have never visited before.

Posted: Oct 22, 2021 at 12:03 Quote
Christ, dude is unstable

Said colleague better be sticking to the curriculum

f*ck

Edit: can’t write, shaking my head here

Posted: Oct 22, 2021 at 12:05 Quote
obee1 wrote:
it feels like the average energy in the people around me is similar to the anxiety levels of someone driving thru rush hour traffic in a city they have never visited before.
I feel like I'm more at home driving in foreign countries I've never before visited during rush hour than most folks are confronting contrary opinions today. It's really a sad state.

Posted: Oct 22, 2021 at 12:07 Quote
Too many people relying on black and white sides of issues and no thought is given to any of the grey that exists in life.

It sure is worrying that someone who is a so called teacher can't open their eyes to bias and opposing views to what they believe as I thought that was the main thing you should take away from school is critical thinking.

Posted: Oct 22, 2021 at 12:17 Quote
Following the herd off the cliff. Let them be scared and miserable. Go out, enjoy your weekend, and do something nice for a stranger.

Posted: Oct 22, 2021 at 12:17 Quote
mtbman1980 wrote:
Too many people relying on black and white sides of issues and no thought is given to any of the grey that exists in life.

It sure is worrying that someone who is a so called teacher can't open their eyes to bias and opposing views to what they believe as I thought that was the main thing you should take away from school is critical thinking.
I find that a growing minority of people actually think... they just find a side that resonates with them, learn the talking points, then repeat until they force agreement or they become outraged at the lack of agreement.

Posted: Oct 22, 2021 at 12:19 Quote
Dustndirt wrote:
Following the herd off the cliff. Let them be scared and miserable. Go out, enjoy your weekend, and do something nice for a stranger.

I don’t walk those streets


lol


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.023173
Mobile Version of Website