Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Nov 27, 2021 at 20:51 Quote
I have / had relatives in law enforcement. They are all retired or have passed away. My cousin, retired, says we are seeing the effects of the collapse of the family unit and at home discipline. Jails are full and they don't even try to rehabilitate these f*ckers.

Posted: Nov 27, 2021 at 21:04 Quote
ATV25 wrote:
Ex police commissioner from Philly was on the record saying it will get far worse because of the "tolerance". SAD
Here in Cali you can steal up to $900 worth of merchandise, get caught you just get a ticket. WTF ?

Hmm.. that gives me an idea...

All I need to do is PAY for a really nice frame, then after 5 or 6 sMaSH-n-gRaBZ at a Luis Vuitton bike shop, I'll have a whole build for the price of ONLY THE FRAME and a couple of citations!

Thanks for the tip'! I'll admit, some of my plan (pronounced "zEE pLAHnn" in French) I got from the "underpants gnomes":

STEP 1 - Steal underpants
STEP 2 - ?
STEP 3 - Profit!

Rolleyes

~JSV

Posted: Nov 27, 2021 at 23:43 Quote
ATV25 wrote:
I have / had relatives in law enforcement. They are all retired or have passed away. My cousin, retired, says we are seeing the effects of the collapse of the family unit and at home discipline. Jails are full and they don't even try to rehabilitate these f*ckers.
Yeah it's f*cked because the end result is that law enforcement is pushing the type of person you want in law enforcement out with all this bullshit and the only ones left are going to be the types you don't want enforcing the law.

Posted: Nov 28, 2021 at 1:42 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
A buddy of mine, super good guy, the type of dude who became a cop because he legitimately believes in doing good and helping the community, volunteers and shit... literal eagle scout... just retired after ten years because it's bullshit trying to be a cop in California now. They're gonna move to Utah or Texas after his kids are grown and might put a badge back on then but in his words "California is a lost cause"

That’s all that’s f*cked up right there. Best wishes to your buddy.

Posted: Nov 28, 2021 at 6:23 Quote
ATV25 wrote:
I have / had relatives in law enforcement. They are all retired or have passed away. My cousin, retired, says (1) we are seeing the effects of the collapse of the family unit and at home discipline. (2) Jails are full and they don't even try to rehabilitate these f*ckers.

(1) very true....

(2) don't worry man, the "Squad" is trying to make some room.

Posted: Nov 28, 2021 at 9:59 Quote
Modern democrats don't want an intact family unit... with two parents and a steady income, families don't need the goverment to play daddy. There's been a concerted effort inherent in leftist ideology to remove the father from the home. It hurts minority and low income families the most but it's deliberate and will only become more prevalent.

Posted: Nov 28, 2021 at 10:15 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
Modern democrats don't want an intact family unit... with two parents and a steady income, families don't need the goverment to play daddy. There's been a concerted effort inherent in leftist ideology to remove the father from the home. It hurts minority and low income families the most but it's deliberate and will only become more prevalent.

As if there being a woman in the house wasn’t effective enough in dispatching the males lol

Posted: Nov 28, 2021 at 16:06 Quote
so its crazy enough that at the end of november i found myself driving my motorcycle tday, but it was crazier to be driving (behind a slow ass f*cktard) in a 40 km/h zone- likely closer to 30- but i digress, i was driving my moto and a guy on an e bike passed us. and pointed. and grinned like the cheshire cat. dunno how many e bikes trek makes, but it was a trek. i'll f*cking bet my balls that fredro is loving that bike in NYC.

Posted: Nov 28, 2021 at 16:18 Quote
obee, how do you know that wasn't fredro mocking you LOL

Posted: Nov 29, 2021 at 7:22 Quote
obee1 wrote:
so its crazy enough that at the end of november i found myself driving my motorcycle tday, but it was crazier to be driving (behind a slow ass f*cktard) in a 40 km/h zone- likely closer to 30- but i digress, i was driving my moto and a guy on an e bike passed us. and pointed. and grinned like the cheshire cat. dunno how many e bikes trek makes, but it was a trek. i'll f*cking bet my balls that fredro is loving that bike in NYC.
Can you guys not split lanes in Canada?

Posted: Nov 29, 2021 at 7:24 Quote
Illegal in Ohio and Florida for sure. don't ask me how I know Rolleyes

Posted: Nov 29, 2021 at 7:27 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
obee1 wrote:

If it's where I'm thinking it's a bendy and windy single-lane in each direction with no passing. Lotta deer and stuff out there, with a super slow speed limit as a result. Painfully slow. Like a playground zone with no playground.

Posted: Nov 29, 2021 at 7:31 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
obee1 wrote:

No I believe it's an infraction. I've had people try to door me when I commuted to downtown Edmonton.

Posted: Nov 29, 2021 at 7:42 Quote
this specific road was one lane and the cyclist just passed us on the side.
lane splitting, like in traffic and whatnot, is illegal here. i get why people think it should be legal and i get why its not.

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.023071
Mobile Version of Website