Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Nov 29, 2021 at 7:46 Quote
That blows d-man. people suck....

Speaking of playground zones. The friend of mine I acquired my GSXR from is an ex road racer who lives down south and grew up riding the twisties in north Georgia and the Smoky Mountains.

He's got this video tape from a camcorder (f*cking VCR tape mind you) taped to the gas tank of his FZR750/1000 of a run through the mountains. They get blocked up behind this line of cars through several turns when all of a sudden the tach needle bounces a couple times, throttle comes open, then all you see is sky through the windshcreen....there's a couple shifts....then boom...front end is back on the ground and no more cars. Passed all those cars, on the back tire, through the turns.....crazy motherf*cker

Posted: Nov 29, 2021 at 8:01 Quote
obee1 wrote:
this specific road was one lane and the cyclist just passed us on the side.
lane splitting, like in traffic and whatnot, is illegal here. i get why people think it should be legal and i get why its not.
It's interesting that studies show it reduces accidents... I always assumed it was less safe but was willing to roll the dice for expediency's sake but saw a breakdown on stats and was pretty surprised. I guess it's like most things on two wheels, it's all in how you approach it. I'll occasionally see people here doing like 60 splitting lanes while traffic is going 15-20mph and that's just a recipe for disaster. but going 30-40 while traffic is doing 20 is pretty doable without serious risk imo.

Posted: Nov 29, 2021 at 8:03 Quote
d-man wrote:
No I believe it's an infraction. I've had people try to door me when I commuted to downtown Edmonton.
I would absolutely lose my shit over something that blatant... like pull over in front of their car and drag them out of it lose my shit.

Here, the worst we get is people that are bitter about you progressing past the traffic they're stuck in and they'll scoot over to the side of the lane to block your way like dickheads... but then we get a good portion of people that scoot to the opposite side to make room for you to pass so it balances out.

O+
Posted: Nov 29, 2021 at 8:05 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
Modern democrats don't want an intact family unit... with two parents and a steady income, families don't need the goverment to play daddy. There's been a concerted effort inherent in leftist ideology to remove the father from the home. It hurts minority and low income families the most but it's deliberate and will only become more prevalent.

Seems like this is all being done intentionally. The plandemic, and all of the controlling mandates with it, weak laws causing lawlessness, media driven racial and political divisiveness. Why? IDK, but a retired cop buddy recently sent me this link, https://rumble.com/vpelhb-breaking-exclusive-archbishop-vigano-appeals-for-a-worldwide-anti-globalist.html. He seems to think it’s all part of the big picture plan. One world globalist dictatorship government, the great reset. Conspiracy theory? Hmmm, maybe, maybe not.

O+
Posted: Nov 29, 2021 at 8:09 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
d-man wrote:
No I believe it's an infraction. I've had people try to door me when I commuted to downtown Edmonton.
I would absolutely lose my shit over something that blatant... like pull over in front of their car and drag them out of it lose my shit.

I think that would be a justified response.

Posted: Nov 29, 2021 at 8:12 Quote
husstler wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:
d-man wrote:

Agreed...!

Posted: Nov 29, 2021 at 9:13 Quote
adm750 wrote:
husstler wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:

Agreed...!

to be fair the impact would be likely consistent with the force of being hit with a lance in jousting. the door- once you hit it, would likely wedge you into the car beside, or just stop you dead in your tracks. for someone to choose to commit such an act of potential injury upon someone else is an act of assault or attempted assault, and should be dealt with accordingly.
fundamentally i think that motos need to be seen as a vehicle equal to, and deserving of, the same space as a car. so it should behave the same way, or else casual motorists will lump motos, bikes, scooters and everything else into the category of pedestrian based targets. i get lane splitting, but i support moto awareness more, and thus feel it prudent to practice what i preach.

O+
Posted: Nov 29, 2021 at 9:27 Quote
What you don't know, Troy, is that Canadians are shitty drivers. If you split lanes here, you will get doored. Or somebody will pull in front of you. It is a good way to get killed in a hurry.

I have ridden in California. And rode through rush hour traffic in San Francisco. 10 full lanes of traffic and Chris and I busting through it at 60mph.

But up here it is illegal, and people hate enough to open a door on you. So you don't do it.

O+
Posted: Nov 29, 2021 at 9:29 Quote
Fact: in SF the traffic spread for us. People moving out of the way and waving us on. I pulled off the dotted line and into traffic to slow down and do some rubbernecking, and that made people mad. A nice taxi driver explained to me that I was taking up a space in traffic, and it was preferred that I stay between lanes.

The taxi driver noticed my BC plate on my DRZ 400 and was actually nice to me, explaining it to me.

Makes you feel like king of the road, ripping the golden gate bridge in between the traffic.

O+
Posted: Nov 29, 2021 at 10:32 Quote
obee1 wrote:
adm750 wrote:
husstler wrote:

Agreed...!

to be fair the impact would be likely consistent with the force of being hit with a lance in jousting. the door- once you hit it, would likely wedge you into the car beside, or just stop you dead in your tracks. for someone to choose to commit such an act of potential injury upon someone else is an act of assault or attempted assault, and should be dealt with accordingly.
fundamentally i think that motos need to be seen as a vehicle equal to, and deserving of, the same space as a car. so it should behave the same way, or else casual motorists will lump motos, bikes, scooters and everything else into the category of pedestrian based targets. i get lane splitting, but i support moto awareness more, and thus feel it prudent to practice what i preach.

Luckily I never got hit, I did leave a couple size 9 dents in sides cars.

Posted: Nov 29, 2021 at 11:27 Quote
I yield to motorcycles. Better have them out of traffic safely.

Posted: Nov 29, 2021 at 20:20 Quote
dudes.... just wanted to say, take time with your kids doing f*cking flash cards. 2 cents

Posted: Nov 29, 2021 at 20:50 Quote
adm750 wrote:
dudes.... just wanted to say, take time with your kids doing f*cking flash cards. 2 cents

We just played the FART card game.

O+
Posted: Nov 29, 2021 at 20:54 Quote
I kicked in the grill on a car that was going to roll a stop sign into my lane and then I got to jump a curb at 40 and almost lay my bike down like 2 weeks later. I parked the supermoto and I never rode it again. Even at 25 and being fearless over my own actions, I wasn't willing to f*ck with the dumbass drivers out there that didn't give a f*ck about motos.

Posted: Nov 29, 2021 at 23:05 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
adm750 wrote:

We just played the FART card game.

My 13 year old ordered himself Cards Against Humanity, with Ass Pack on Amazon.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.051452
Mobile Version of Website