Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
O+
Posted: Dec 2, 2021 at 18:11 Quote
obee1 wrote:
in other news, ford found some new sliced bread and hot cakes.

https://carbuzz.com/news/watch-the-new-ford-bronco-in-off-road-action

… with a soundtrack made by Dyson Vacuums.

O+
Posted: Dec 2, 2021 at 18:35 Quote
mysticmountainadventures wrote:
this 78 ranger caught my eye

Oooh dats nice.

O+
Posted: Dec 2, 2021 at 19:04 Quote
mysticmountainadventures wrote:
this 78 ranger caught my eye

Do it!

Posted: Dec 2, 2021 at 21:13 Quote
Now theres a truck.

Curious about the new Ford Mavericks... smaller truck, 4x4 baseline for 20K?

O+
Posted: Dec 2, 2021 at 22:02 Quote
I think they look good. Seems like a nice size if you don’t need to haul big things. Like how the ranger used to be.

Posted: Dec 2, 2021 at 22:15 Quote
husstler wrote:
I think they look good. Seems like a nice size if you don’t need to haul big things. Like how the ranger used to be.

Thats what went through my mind. Last ford I had was solid too.

Posted: Dec 3, 2021 at 4:44 Quote
leaving this here for you Ford guys.....

my father is a die hard Ford guy....every single car/truck he's owned has been solid. no complaints. Me...I went bowtie..... Wink

O+
Posted: Dec 3, 2021 at 5:07 Quote
adm750 wrote:

my father is a die hard Ford guy....every single car/truck he's owned has been solid. no complaints. Me...I went bowtie..... Wink

You are a smart man.

Posted: Dec 3, 2021 at 6:00 Quote
jamezyo wrote:
adm750 wrote:

You are a smart man.

Wink

He bought one Chevy car when I was growing up. This black Monza....and man that car was a f*cking turd. Everything broke on it. We were leaving to go somewhere one day, probably the f*cking hardware store while we were fixing some broken shit with the house, and the gaaahdamn arm rest came off when he was closing the door. That, my friend, was theeee last straw.

Woo boy....He absolutely lost his shit. Like epic shit losing.... lol

I wasn't ever sure if he was more pissed at that car for being a complete shitbox, or more pissed at himself for ever having let his guard down and buying a Chebby... I wasn't gonna ask

Posted: Dec 3, 2021 at 7:51 Quote
Never had great luck with the big 3 auto makers. Ford was my worst experience fallowed by Dodge the Chevy. My current work truck is a '16 Dodge 2500, all kinds of little shit always going wrong and it is out of this world expensive for maintenance. We have a Kia and a Toyota at home they just seem to be so much more reliable !

O+
Posted: Dec 3, 2021 at 8:04 Quote
The current F350 with the Cummins swap is the best combo of truck and powerplant.

Dodge trucks were garbage but had cummins carrying them.. Ford has always made the better truck, but. Once they left the 7.3 powerstroke, the power plants were garbage.. Even the 7.3 as reliable as it is still is not as good of an engine as the 5.9 cummins.

I try to drive my 66 F100 every 2 weeks or so, but man that engine in that truck is getting tired.

Posted: Dec 3, 2021 at 8:21 Quote
I had two Ford Explorers and a Ford Edge (don't laugh). Both Explorers were awesome (over 100k miles on both). But the Edge (stop laughing), was an electronic NIGHTMARE! To make maters worse, the dealership was terrible to deal with and actually took the Edge (i hear you laughing) for a 75 mile joyride that I complained about, and Ford offered me a free oil change. f*ck FORD after that ordeal.

O+
Posted: Dec 3, 2021 at 9:08 Quote
My brother is a dodge man. Cummins man. But the doors keep falling off. Engine is forever. But the floors fall out.

Posted: Dec 3, 2021 at 9:25 Quote
I've had zero issues with my Ram's build quality... it's only a 1500 but the only problem I've had is the chrome on my rims getting pitted from driving through salt water, which is to be expected. Seriously considering trading it in for a 2500 Cummins though, used truck prices are crazy right now and I could get back basically what I paid for it in trade-in.

Posted: Dec 3, 2021 at 9:42 Quote
fredro wrote:
I had two Ford Explorers and a Ford Edge (don't laugh). Both Explorers were awesome (over 100k miles on both). But the Edge (stop laughing), was an electronic NIGHTMARE! To make maters worse, the dealership was terrible to deal with and actually took the Edge (i hear you laughing) for a 75 mile joyride that I complained about, and Ford offered me a free oil change. f*ck FORD after that ordeal.

lol

not about the Edge...well maybe a lil bit.... Wink JK bro...wife's rolling a BMTroubleYou and I'm rocking my dad's old Grand Marquis. I ain't laughin' at no one dude...

It was the test drive story.

Ahhhhhh...fond memories of the days where a customer rolls in asking you for a status on their car. Smiling, you say, "Lemme check sir/ma'am..!" and you go out to the shop to look for it, (tech and car are gone....). You go back to customer and explain that it could be done as the tech appears to be out on a test drive.

Customer then proceeds to rip you a brand new, and much larger, a*shole.... "I know they're on a ***damn test drive...I've been following my car around for 45 minutes while your technician was running errands....bank, picking up dog food, shopping, lunch...etc...." Really Mad

f*ck me man...I do not miss the car business Facepalm

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.048176
Mobile Version of Website