Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Dec 3, 2021 at 9:47 Quote
ATV25 wrote:
Never had great luck with the big 3 auto makers. Ford was my worst experience fallowed by Dodge the Chevy. My current work truck is a '16 Dodge 2500, all kinds of little shit always going wrong and it is out of this world expensive for maintenance. We have a Kia and a Toyota at home they just seem to be so much more reliable !

the Fords and Chevys I've owned have all been fantastic. Routine shit...no biggie...

These German motherf*ckers will be the death of myself and my retirement plans.

Bill Me Weekly
Bring More Wampum
Bust My Wallet
Bash My Wanker
Break My Wallet
Big Money Wasted

They drive great but f*ck all the repairs..... Who builds a car where the entire cooling system is a 100k maintenance item. Rolleyes

Posted: Dec 3, 2021 at 9:54 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
used truck prices are crazy right now and I could get back basically what I paid for it in trade-in.

My 2017 F350 is worth more now than what I paid for it brand new

tempted to flip it but it's like houses... buying back in to get ahead is a tough game to play

Posted: Dec 3, 2021 at 10:05 Quote
I have a few guys that have handed me 25k checks for the F350.. Its so tempting considering I only have 12k into it.. But like everyone said, truck prices are so wild that I couldn't replace it for 40k right now.

Posted: Dec 3, 2021 at 11:19 Quote
so teaching for 20 years has me thinking i've seen just about everything.
not so.
i was in the middle of my classroom with 20 little savages, paint brushes in hand, ready to show me their art and willing to cover me in paint if necessary. and i was carefully dancing thru the mess and attempting to provide feedback. at the same time, i was trynna eat a hersheys kiss. being an idiot i unwrapped maybe half of it and proceeded to eat the aluminum foil and the little stringy bit.
the cocktail of shooting sparks of aluminum against 40 year old fillings, impatient and armed children, and a mouthful of chaos just had me ready to retire as i couldnt get the f*cking pieces of foil jammed between my teeth and what felt like a tampon string hanging out my mouth.
with seconds left before i went full postal, a child who will get A+'s for the rest of her life from me ran to her lunch bag and returned with a little box of tooth floss. tooth fairy for real.
the weekend cant come faster.

Posted: Dec 3, 2021 at 11:30 Quote
obee1 wrote:
not so.
i was in the middle of my classroom with 20 little savages, paint brushes in hand, ready to show me their art and willing to cover me in paint if necessary. and i was carefully dancing thru the mess and attempting to provide feedback. at the same time, i was trynna eat a hersheys kiss. being an idiot i unwrapped maybe half of it and proceeded to eat the aluminum foil and the little stringy bit.
the cocktail of shooting sparks of aluminum against 40 year old fillings, impatient and armed children, and a mouthful of chaos just had me ready to retire as i couldnt get the f*cking pieces of foil jammed between my teeth and what felt like a tampon string hanging out my mouth.
with seconds left before i went full postal, a child who will get A+'s for the rest of her life from me ran to her lunch bag and returned with a little box of tooth floss. tooth fairy for real.
lol

The visual scene that just played out in my head was absolutely the highlight of my Friday so far.

Posted: Dec 3, 2021 at 11:41 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
obee1 wrote:
not so.
lol

The visual scene that just played out in my head was absolutely the highlight of my Friday so far.
Thanks for the smiles pal!!! Lol I needed that too!

Posted: Dec 3, 2021 at 11:58 Quote
obee1 wrote:
Twenty6ers4life wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Damn the carpenter is fighting? How longs it been since he’s been in there?!

Aldo was wicked for a while. That one punch put him out for good me thinks.

Guida has been fighting pretty regularly. He last fought in August, loss and in February before that in a win. Aldo has been looking really good in his last 2 fights with wins over Pedro Munoz and Marlon Vera. Should be a good fight with font. I would pick him for that fight.

Totally legit take. I'm low on Aldo winning this fight because font looked so good, fast and technically sound against the fastest fighter in 135 - garbrandt. His boxing will knockout Aldo in the second I think. My crystal ball says slip a jab, short uppercut and left hook.
I'm low on aldo winning the fight because even though he won against Munoz and vera, he didn't take shots well, and i want to go watch the Vera fight again because iirc it was a decision and I think I disagreed with it. But I am a Vera fan boy.
And do remember that he lost 3 in a row prior to three f*cking murderers, and he looked chinny throughout.
I think the weight cut is really really hard on this older fighter, and he's been in so many wars that I'm just concerned. Those Holloway fights will take years off his life. Never mind the quick loss to McGregor.
So that's my rationale.

But oh yeah, poirier v Oliveira will be so good. Who ya got? I got poirier in the fourth, but I'm whispering it. I think Oliveira will give Dustin a harder time than Conor did. Oliveira can do everything and looks amazing at 155. Oliveira might be the only 155 who can beat Islam. And gaethjes my favorite in the div.

Olivera vs Poirier is a hard call, but I think it will probably be Poirier by decision. But could also be Olivera by sub or Dustin by TKO. I think Dustin wins the stand up, and Olivera wins on the ground. But Olivera doesn’t have the greatest takedowns, especially against good wrestlers. And Dustin’s takedown defense is pretty good considering he isn’t from a wrestling background. I like both fighters and I’d like to see a finish either way. And I agree with you about Gaethje and that’s why he is probably my favorite fighter. I think he should be getting the winner, although a fight with Islam would be awesome.

Posted: Dec 3, 2021 at 12:19 Quote
I drive a Toyota now. While we still can buy gas cars.

Posted: Dec 3, 2021 at 12:31 Quote
jamezyo wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:
obee1 wrote:
not so.
lol

Thanks for the smiles pal!!! Lol I needed that too!

I could feel that, mouth watering, radio reception (Gilligan...) voltage producing reaction...

Posted: Dec 3, 2021 at 12:42 Quote
obee1 wrote:
not so.

lol holy shit obee. I'm glad I took a mental break for PB therapy as I'm on the f*cking verge today man.

I needed that laugh.

Posted: Dec 3, 2021 at 15:06 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
obee1 wrote:
not so.
lol

How is there not a YouTube channel based on this yet?

Posted: Dec 3, 2021 at 18:11 Quote
That's a gooder OB a trigger for me too. Hate the foil/filling combo

Posted: Dec 3, 2021 at 18:21 Quote
Freaking funny obee ! My wife is an aid in a kinder class, can't wait to tell her your story !!!

Posted: Dec 3, 2021 at 18:23 Quote
Freaking funny obee ! My wife is an aid in a kinder class, can't wait to tell her your story !!!

Posted: Dec 4, 2021 at 5:29 Quote
^^^^ story so good, ya gotta tell it twice Wink

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.024468
Mobile Version of Website