Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Dec 6, 2021 at 16:48 Quote
Not sure what I had less of...brains or skill... probably equal parts missing...

O+
Posted: Dec 6, 2021 at 17:01 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Not sure what I had less of...brains or skill... probably equal parts missing...

the balls make up for both though

Posted: Dec 6, 2021 at 17:03 Quote
chacou wrote:

Not. Quite.

O+
Posted: Dec 6, 2021 at 17:10 Quote
Axxe wrote:
chacou wrote:

Not. Quite.

lol

O+
Posted: Dec 6, 2021 at 17:40 Quote
jamezyo wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
I loved snowboarding for decades... but it took its toll on my lower bits... ankles, knees, hips...likely broke my back at one point as well but never got in to a doctor. Sent a 40’ cliff and landed on a snow covered downed log... fully unconscious, snapped board and broken binding... not sure how I made it down...couldn’t walk right for months lol loved it but damnit I got served so many times... Facepalm
We can confirm what kind of mess you get in when you skateboard, so can imaging what kind of ruckus you put down on snow!! Lol
That was pretty good... Lol.

Posted: Dec 6, 2021 at 18:30 Quote
Last time I was on skis was '03. Pre 204s, way to long for me but they hauled ass ! The last time I was on a snowboard was '98, Burton Backcountry. I used to LOVE to ski, just grew apart from it.

O+
Posted: Dec 6, 2021 at 19:49 Quote
Back in the day, ripping Panorama top to bottom on a pair of RD Big Dogs. Holy crap they were fast. Think they were 210s and the longest ski I had ever been on before or after.
Friend of mine had a shop and he always had the coolest skis to demo along with him. He was also an amazing ski tuner and pretty fast on his boards.

O+
Posted: Dec 6, 2021 at 20:56 Quote
Dammit!

Wife took my dog for a run after work today. Two dogs burst through their gate and pinned him down. Poor little guy is KOd for some stitches.

These people sound like greaseballs too. I think I’m on the hook for a minor dog surgery here …

O+
Posted: Dec 6, 2021 at 21:04 Quote
Holy hell that musta been awful

Take care of the wife and pup

O+
Posted: Dec 6, 2021 at 21:50 Quote
My number one concern here is that he is such a gentle dog and I dont want him to get permanently defensive.

Sounds all good at the vet so we should be in decent shape soon.

O+
Posted: Dec 6, 2021 at 21:53 Quote
Here's a pic of Frank! for reference:

photo

O+
Posted: Dec 6, 2021 at 22:06 Quote
Hope pup and wife are good. A friends dog got attacked and it went back to normal after a little bit of recovery time.

Posted: Dec 6, 2021 at 22:07 Quote
Damnit! Heal up Frank!

Posted: Dec 6, 2021 at 22:46 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
chacou wrote:
If you've never done either, start with skiing. The fun comes on much quicker and with less pain. Learning to snowboard sucks, granted once you get "it" progressing with snowboarding might be easier. Becoming a really good skier is hard, but becoming an "ok" skier can be done in about a day, meanwhile the person that opted to learn to snowboard might have a broken wrist, collarbone, knee cap, or tailbone.

Also if you don't go much at all or aren't nit picky about the gear then just rent. You can run the gear over rocks without worry.
I would say the exact opposite... I learned the basics of how to snowboard on one run, Mammoth Mountain, started at the top and spent an hour eating my shit all the way down and by about half way I'd kind of sorted it out, by the bottom I was ready to roll and took it from there. I've spent weeks skiing in my younger years and never developed the level of proficiency I got in a single day on a board.

I agree with you.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.086585
Mobile Version of Website