close
Pinkbike is now part of Outside! As of December 3, 2021, please refer to the Outside Terms of Use and Privacy Policy which govern your use of the Pinkbike website and services.

Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Dec 7, 2021 at 6:14 Quote
he's a good looking pup Huss. Hopefully momma and Frank are doing well tup

Posted: Dec 7, 2021 at 6:22 Quote
Sorry to hear about Frank! Scary when your dog gets attacked and I bet that your wife was traumatized by the event too.
Frank does look like a good boy.

Posted: Dec 7, 2021 at 6:38 Quote
Doggo is all good! Feels pretty silly with a giant bald patch around his stitches and a cone on his head but he looks like himself again, already!

I'm hoping my wife gets over the shock of it soon, shitty thing to have happen while just out for a jog.

Posted: Dec 7, 2021 at 6:41 Quote
husstler wrote:
Doggo is all good! Feels pretty silly with a giant bald patch around his stitches and a cone on his head but he looks like himself again, already!

I'm hoping my wife gets over the shock of it soon, shitty thing to have happen while just out for a jog.

Older folk would really struggle with this, thank goodness your fam are all relatively ok

Certainly make the wife cautious about going that way again etc

Posted: Dec 7, 2021 at 6:42 Quote
husstler wrote:

Man, there's a special place on my shit list for people who own aggressive dogs and don't take the appropriate precautions... especially the shitbags who don't take responsibility for the fallout when they get loose. Glad everyone is alright.

Posted: Dec 7, 2021 at 7:02 Quote
Shitty deal with your pooch Hustler, glad he's going to be ok. Are you going to report the incident? Might not be a bad idea.

Posted: Dec 7, 2021 at 7:13 Quote
husstler wrote:

My wife was running with our cranky old border collie last year and a English Bull Terrier came charging out of a nearby yard. Peps isn't great with other dogs so my wife tried to keep them apart and tripped over the bull terrier (propane tank on legs) and fell on the sidewalk. Broke her little finger, bumped her head, cut her face and chipped a tooth. Ambulance ride to the hospital.
The owners of the other dog paid the ambulance bill and other out of pocket expenses. Dropped off a bouquet of flowers to my wife afterwards too.
The dog was actually a very nice but somewhat out of control dog and genuinely just wanted to play.

Posted: Dec 7, 2021 at 7:17 Quote
Co worker raises German Shepherds, his wife had 2 with her on a walk and a kid came up and asked to pet the dogs. She said no and the kids parents told her to pet it anyway, you know how this ends . . . My coworker paid the hospital bills but he wanted to ring the parents necks !

Posted: Dec 7, 2021 at 7:39 Quote
This summer when we were camping waiting to move into our house , the lady next to us had two massive Bernese mountain dogs.
My wife figured it would be best if the met our little pooled mix Charlie. Just so Charlie would shut the f*ck up.
As my wife started to ask/question the lady if it would be ok to let them do the butt sniff her dogs bolted toward Charlie and dragged to poor lady the 40 feet that they were separated.
lol my wife felt so bad that she instigated the situation.
The lady was ok , I’m sure she was used to it.
Still funny shit if ya ask me .

Posted: Dec 7, 2021 at 8:04 Quote
d-man wrote:
Shitty deal with your pooch Hustler, glad he's going to be ok. Are you going to report the incident? Might not be a bad idea.

Yeah we have a bylaw/peace officer response going on. For all I know this is the fourth problem with these dogs and they’re menacing the neighborhood kids too. Took a bunch of pics and stuff.

My wife’s Strava gps log has a nice straight line and a squiggle where this incident took place. I’m thinking that’s some sort of evidence!

Posted: Dec 7, 2021 at 8:12 Quote
My coworker got taken out when a dog charged her and her dog ended up breaking her ankle and tearing a bunch of ligaments.

We have only had issues with little dog going after our larger dogs mostly little white dogs that attack and are untrained. Once had my older dog by the face but a quick kick got it to let go. The owner was pissed but I had words for her...

Posted: Dec 7, 2021 at 8:23 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
husstler wrote:

Man, there's a special place on my shit list for people who own aggressive dogs and don't take the appropriate precautions... especially the shitbags who don't take responsibility for the fallout when they get loose. Glad everyone is alright.

This 100%. Being in tune with the dog is something that certain people lack.

We went to the brewery Saturday for lunch after a ride and right as we opened the door to go out on the patio with Jane (our almost 2 y/o chocolate lab shepherd something or other mix) the only dog out there lunged, teeth barred, barking and pull the owner's chair like a maniac. We closed the door and stayed inside the brewery while the manager went out and I suspect politely told the dog owner there would be more dogs coming and they can't have aggressive dogs on the patio. Obviously the dog owner was embarrassed and carried his snarling pitty mix looking dog out of the brewery. Jane was like “where’d my friend go?” lol Poor dog, there’s no bad dogs, just bad dog owners IMO. Likely that guy, since he came back and tried to tell me it’s because Jane got up in his dogs face and that his dog is actually very friendly, which was complete in denial bullshit because we didn't even step onto the patio when the dog went crazy. We ate our lunch, had some beers and left, meanwhile this guy and his crew were still hanging out, while his dog was barking up a storm locked in the car in the parking lot.

Posted: Dec 7, 2021 at 8:37 Quote
mtbman1980 wrote:
My coworker got taken out when a dog charged her and her dog ended up breaking her ankle and tearing a bunch of ligaments.

We have only had issues with little dog going after our larger dogs mostly little white dogs that attack and are untrained. Once had my older dog by the face but a quick kick got it to let go. The owner was pissed but I had words for her...

dog racism...... lol

I keed....

hopefully your pup was ok...

man, dogs attacking dogs can be some scary shit.

Posted: Dec 7, 2021 at 8:40 Quote
Frank's got a nice bike.

I think that this is harder for Wife than it is for Frank.

I look after a buddies dog who is super high energy. He is bad with other dogs while on leash. Especially if other dog is not on leash. Off leash he is OK. But he'll knock people over being friendly.

Posted: Dec 7, 2021 at 8:41 Quote
I call those little aggressive dogs "Joe Pesci dogs", tiny and just wanna fight everything lol

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.038800
Mobile Version of Website