close
Pinkbike is now part of Outside! As of December 3, 2021, please refer to the Outside Terms of Use and Privacy Policy which govern your use of the Pinkbike website and services.

Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Author Message
Posted: Dec 8, 2021 at 7:34 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Yep thats where we’re at... lol a little fetch in a tennis court works in small doses too. Kinda rough on the pads if over done. But its like sandpaper

Around here you’d be crucified by the pickleball club if they saw you playing fetch on the tennis/pickleball courts. “Silver sneakers” up ya ass!
They run this town, I was sitting in on our rec district board meeting last night and it’s straight outta an episode of Parks and Rec only instead of being funny it’s just pathetic. I’ve been trying for two years going to get approval for a pump track on rec district land. Instead last night they spent time talking about building a “ninja warrior” park (“it’s quite popular right now” one board member said) and/or more multipurpose courts for pickleball but that could also be used as an inline skating rink :mindblown:

Posted: Dec 8, 2021 at 7:37 Quote
We have a small dog now after years of having rotties. She gets trained the same as the big ones did. She loves meeting people at Home Depot but only if she’s acts accordingly. No crazy small dog jumping on people nonsense.

She has a slow feeder bowl in the kitchen right now. If not she’ll inhale her food in under 45 seconds.

Posted: Dec 8, 2021 at 8:15 Quote
...The best was this dude, big guy, 6’6” and near 300lbs. When we asked if he had anyone there that was a nail expert with dogs that went crazy. He said people called him the dog whisperer and that he could handle it. I explained that this was serious and Leo would spin like an alligator and take any and every evasive measures necessary to avoid trimming. That he had literally bested all who had tried. He looks down and says “ oh whats he 45 lbs? I’m a pretty big guy I can hold him down if need be, but it wont be necessary “ ... cue edward scissorhands.
lol [/Quote]

stories like these, and the simple act of trynna put a 12 pound cat in a box to go to the vet, are why i f*cking laugh out loud when i hear dudes declare that they could fight off a mountain lion or a wolf, or any of that " i could take on a wild animal" bullshit. by all means, fight for your life, but pump the brakes on that crocodile dundee garbage.

love cats. i have three cats in the house as well. gonna be a gongshow in the obee house this weekend.

Posted: Dec 8, 2021 at 8:25 Quote
Thanks for the laugh this morning, Ster. Tough launch today with the boy and just getting to my morning routine now.

The border collies seem to be so busy that I have never needed to trim their nails.
Pretty smart dogs, maybe they trim them themselves when I am not looking...

Posted: Dec 8, 2021 at 8:51 Quote
obee1 wrote:

stories like these, and the simple act of trynna put a 12 pound cat in a box to go to the vet, are why i f*cking laugh out loud when i hear dudes declare that they could fight off a mountain lion or a wolf, or any of that " i could take on a wild animal" bullshit. by all means, fight for your life, but pump the brakes on that crocodile dundee garbage.

love cats. i have three cats in the house as well. gonna be a gongshow in the obee house this weekend.
I was attacked by a duck once when I was like 13... it immediately disabused me of the notion that I could fight off a large predator in the wild.

Posted: Dec 8, 2021 at 8:54 Quote
Thanks for the laughs Sterling

We have been working with our pup with the same thing as he had a broken ankle before we got him. We do high fives and expose him to the clippers all the time. No luck getting them close to him yet but he definitely freaks out less now.

Posted: Dec 8, 2021 at 9:05 Quote
Brown shorts "Santa" just dropped off one of the kids' presents! If it ever snows in Colorado again maybe we'll get to use the snow toys

My daughter's been asking for her own, smaller and lighter than mine.
120cm for the kids, 140cm swallow tail for me.
Perfect for tearing up the golf course, and bigger lines if you're feeling brave.
Handmade in Utah. powsurf.com so much fun! (photo from April '21)

Posted: Dec 8, 2021 at 9:29 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Hes a hard case with the feet. I have been coaxing his toesies for 4 years now. He still pulls away but I can grab one for a few seconds usually now if he’s chillin. But bring out a tool and he’s in fuggoff mode. Its funny they say dogs resemble they’re owners... 95% chill....5% irrational lunatic ... sounds about right....

Our pot Belly pig is the same, takes 3 of us to clip he hooves. Two to hold her down, one to clip and she squeals like you would not believe. Ear plugs mandatory.

Posted: Dec 8, 2021 at 9:31 Quote
chacou wrote:
Brown shorts "Santa" just dropped off one of the kids' presents! If it ever snows in Colorado again maybe we'll get to use the snow toys

My daughter's been asking for her own, smaller and lighter than mine.
120cm for the kids, 140cm swallow tail for me.
Perfect for tearing up the golf course, and bigger lines if you're feeling brave.
Handmade in Utah. powsurf.com so much fun! (photo from April '21)
Sick! Love the grass roots stuff. I really want the split surfer.

Posted: Dec 8, 2021 at 9:38 Quote
dude if you were local i am literally looking at all the tools and materials needed to make one of those. easy peasey.

Posted: Dec 8, 2021 at 9:39 Quote
d-man wrote:
Sick! Love the grass roots stuff. I really want the split surfer.
Yeah! Jeremy seems like a great guy, spoke with him many times but have yet to meet him, love what he's doing though. His split surfs looks rad, but I have mixed feelings about getting that far back on the gear, in the event of an emergency. I have Verts and just hit mellow side country stuff or when I go out with buddies on sleds we'll toss the split surf on for some shuttle laps, but if I'm doing anything that requires an actual tour I want edges and much more support for the extra gear. Never Summer Swift split is amazing splitty, so I don't really have much want for a split surf, and one reason I recently picked skiing back up is to see if I can get my ability to a point where I can tour on skis, much better for access and rescue in the event something happens.

Posted: Dec 8, 2021 at 9:41 Quote
obee1 wrote:
dude if you were local i am literally looking at all the tools and materials needed to make one of those. easy peasey.

There's tons of youtube videos on how to do it, and Jeremy Jensen of Grassroots seems like a really approachable guy, I'd bet if you reached out he'd offer advice. I've considered making them myself, but I don't have the tools, nor the time. I'd rather just pay someone else that's already figured it out fair money.

...just re-read your comment and I think it "got it" this time. Make a ~152cm, round nose pin tail board and you might have a buyer in CO Wink something kinda like https://gentemstick.com/productsDetail/id_325/

Posted: Dec 8, 2021 at 10:02 Quote
I can't imagine life without the first amendment! Big Grin


Posted: Dec 8, 2021 at 11:12 Quote
chacou wrote:
obee1 wrote:
dude if you were local i am literally looking at all the tools and materials needed to make one of those. easy peasey.

There's tons of youtube videos on how to do it, and Jeremy Jensen of Grassroots seems like a really approachable guy, I'd bet if you reached out he'd offer advice. I've considered making them myself, but I don't have the tools, nor the time. I'd rather just pay someone else that's already figured it out fair money.

...just re-read your comment and I think it "got it" this time. Make a ~152cm, round nose pin tail board and you might have a buyer in CO Wink something kinda like https://gentemstick.com/productsDetail/id_325/


this is my classroom. i'm fortunate enough to be able to teach skateboard design and construction to grade 6 kids. i threw an exemplar board onto that little ski last year and watched my son eat shit for kicks.
as for making your pintail, i would approach those locals you posted earlier. their shit looks cool and i don't want to bite on other peoples gigs.

Posted: Dec 8, 2021 at 11:16 Quote
Are these basically like wake/skateboards for the snow? No bindings, just stand and surf?


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.046217
Mobile Version of Website