Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Jan 20, 2022 at 15:16 Quote
obee1 wrote:
lads, army who do you like this weekend? ufc? nfl?

the HW title fight is interesting to me but not $75 intersting. i think francis is too distracted and has too many leeches sucking his blood and telling him financial lies. gane has ridiculous footwork but trains with scumbags as well. too much drama for me.
the 125 belt is on as well, but, man....125 pounds man. i like the female division at 125 waaaay more than the mens. its like a pubety division.
and the rest of the card is borderline unrecognizable.
meh.

nfl
i got the bills over the chiefs
the pack over the niners. im cheering for the niners but garropolo will get exposed. its aarons time.
the bucs over the rams
the bengals make magic and beat the titans. but i hear the king is back so.... yikes.

I got Bills losing to Chiefs. I'm rooting for Buffalo (they're the only TRUE NY football team, unfortunately). I'm a Giants fan, and man do we suck!
Everything else seems spot on.

Whoever emerges from Packers/Buccs will win it all I think. f*ck Tom Brady.

Posted: Jan 20, 2022 at 15:36 Quote
adm750 wrote:
that's sweet army...! I saw that he works for 034. I'd like to apply there Big Grin

Love the intake setup on that M6B engine. I've been trying to find better pictures of it but it's a cross-runner system of some sort. Shit's cool.

That Lambo is a hot ride. We retired the Audi R8 (with the V10) this year. Not sure what's on the agenda for 2022 but the Porsches still run strong as hell...

We lit this one on fire during a refueling stop at Mid-Ohio in October of 2020. We got hit, brought the car in fixed shit and sent it back out, but didn't realize that the fuel cell overflow vent got knocked into the body, which pushed the end of the vent into the engine bay right by the headers. During refueling later on, the vapors being pushed out of the vent while we filled it caught fire....several times during the fueling stop.

Audi R8-LMR getting ready to kick some ass

Yeah they retired their Audi too. Have a Porsche and the lambo.

My other buddy Jeff works at 034 too and I’ve known the owner since like 2004. Not right in any way but we’ve been around. That dudes a hell of a wheel man too.

Posted: Jan 20, 2022 at 15:55 Quote
the lambo is sweet but godamm that R8 looks like it wakes up and always chooses violence. the roll cage might be the coolest detail in the car.

Posted: Jan 20, 2022 at 16:41 Quote
Here's the R8 they ran last year:

Posted: Jan 20, 2022 at 16:53 Quote
As for picks...

Titans
Packers
Bills
Bucs

Now if I had it my way the niners and rams would make it through. Rams were my pick for superbowl. I still think they can pull it off. Long as the Chiefs don't win it all I'm good.

UFC>

This is a hard one to call. I'd never bet on it. I have a hard time seeing Gane as a better boxer than Stipe but I think Stipe was outfighting Francis so if I had to pick I think Gane wins this one. KO round 2.

Calling the upset win for Figueiredo
Lima though I'd probably bet on Fiahlo via first round KO
Said via decision
Vieira via submission. I'm thinking something you don't see every day. D'arce?

That Morales fight should be good. Same with that fight with Jack and Pete. Those 2 dude bang.

Posted: Jan 20, 2022 at 17:27 Quote
man these are such badass cars. the step from stock but lovely street legal to race ready R8 is such a stretch it appears.

i watched as much of the biden press conference as i could suffer. its like trynna listen to an abstract art painting when he talks. his string pullers should never let him answer questions. i think his facial plastic surgery needs a booster shot as well.

anyway,
nice pics army. i been watching a lot of one championship lately anyway.

petrosyan looked like he died from that head kick. i love the muay thai with the small gloves. i wish the ufc offered muay thai or kickboxing matches in their cards as well, but godammed if i cannot understand how its not more popular.

Posted: Jan 20, 2022 at 20:29 Quote
obee1 wrote:
lads, army who do you like this weekend? ufc? nfl?

the HW title fight is interesting to me but not $75 intersting. i think francis is too distracted and has too many leeches sucking his blood and telling him financial lies. gane has ridiculous footwork but trains with scumbags as well. too much drama for me.
the 125 belt is on as well, but, man....125 pounds man. i like the female division at 125 waaaay more than the mens. its like a pubety division.
and the rest of the card is borderline unrecognizable.
meh.

nfl
i got the bills over the chiefs
the pack over the niners. im cheering for the niners but garropolo will get exposed. its aarons time.
the bucs over the rams
the bengals make magic and beat the titans. but i hear the king is back so.... yikes.

Yeah, I’m not happy about the UFC PPV and yearly ESPN + subscription price increases. I might still get it if my buddies are willing to chip in a little bit though. I’ll take Gane in the main, probably by TKO. The co-main is a tough call though, I’ll probably go with Figueiredo by decision. Stamann vs Nurmagomedov should be good too. The rest are meh to me.

Posted: Jan 21, 2022 at 3:37 Quote
obee1 wrote:
the lambo is sweet but godamm that R8 looks like it wakes up and always chooses violence. the roll cage might be the coolest detail in the car.

It was a pretty wild car. Beautifully constructed, and amazingly easy on parts. We did Friday practice and qualifying, an 8-hour endurance race on Saturday, and another 8-hour race on Sunday all on the same tires.

Funny story - We were mid-practice and and one of the other drivers wanders in to our pits. Said our Audi had passed him at speed and he swore that our driver hit him as he went by. Oddly he was kindof laughing as he recounted his story of this on-track 'collision', but we're thinking "oh...f*ck...here we go...."

Said it took him a few laps, and much radio chatter with his crew, to figure out that we did NOT hit him. When the Audi passed him our driver coincidentally upshifted right next to him and the shock from the exhaust was so f*cking intense it felt to him like the cars hit. Apparently this happened a few times again on track. By the end of the story we're all standing around laughing about it. He's like "That thing is just mean. Every time it passed me it felt like I'd been hit by another car. I'd see it coming up behind me and I'd just cringe..."

Posted: Jan 21, 2022 at 4:03 Quote
onemanarmy wrote:
Here's the R8 they ran last year:

That thing is stunning. I wish we were still running on the Pro circuit. AER is a great time, and there's no shortage of action in Champcar (formerly Chumpcar) but there's nothing like being part of an IMSA event....

Posted: Jan 21, 2022 at 6:33 Quote
meanwhile....in the land down unda..

Posted: Jan 21, 2022 at 8:07 Quote
adm750 wrote:
meanwhile....in the land down unda..

I’ve seen that one, it’s like, WTF? Just hilarious! Those cars ^ are badass!

Posted: Jan 21, 2022 at 8:26 Quote
WTF... is that for real?

Posted: Jan 21, 2022 at 9:32 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
WTF... is that for real?

Dude I'll just speak for canada and say that this country is deserving of a lot of criticism regarding how it as treated our indigenous brothers and sisters, but when I was in Australia I was really uncomfortable seeing how their natives were living and being treated. 3specially after traveling to New Zealand and experiencing the opposite. Like, no country is perfect but the kiwis have way more respect and appreciation for their Maori community than any other country I've been too.
But, I guess for perspective sake, you could travel thru great Britain and need a translator in lots spots. Im sure mando will kick my as but Glaswegians, the geordie accent, whatever the f*ck they speak in Liverpool- scousers right? No ones listened to the Irish for years so who knows what they are saying, so all in all I suppose it's just a linguistic global shit show.
And then listen to stipe miocic. Ex heavyweight champ of the ufc. Dude is from Ohio and the ufc will provide subtitles when he talks....

Posted: Jan 21, 2022 at 15:22 Quote
Get this, almost the same exact experience as in November of 2020 when the wife and I both contracted covid. She wears a mask at work but this time she has had two vaccinations and a booster still brought it home to me which I am unvaccinated and yep I tested positive this morning.

Posted: Jan 21, 2022 at 16:00 Quote
ATV25 wrote:
Get this, almost the same exact experience as in November of 2020 when the wife and I both contracted covid. She wears a mask at work but this time she has had two vaccinations and a booster still brought it home to me which I am unvaccinated and yep I tested positive this morning.
You have symptoms having it second time?
Learned this am that I do indeed have to rona.
I’m almost back to 100% .
Sucks too cause I have 7 more days locked up at this minimum security prison…

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.023892
Mobile Version of Website