Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Author Message
Posted: Jan 24, 2022 at 5:24 Quote
husstler wrote:
adm750 wrote:
holy shit....what did I walk in to over the last couple pages Eek

Wash n fluff!

I am a fan of the Touchless carwash tup

Posted: Jan 24, 2022 at 7:28 Quote
Axxe wrote:
swan3609 wrote:
I want a heater seat, warm water, blow dryer, etc..

Toto washlet and some nice ceiling Focal speakers. Makes my morning shit special.

lol I’m taking mine right now! I can’t do the music though, wife is still sleeping. If she’s up though, she’ll bring me my morning coffee while I’m on the throne. Toto Neorest FL! Beer

Posted: Jan 24, 2022 at 7:44 Quote
natural segue;

holy shit this was such an exciting set of division final games. so entertaining.
comparison is the thief of joy, but i cannot think of a game that was more entertaining than the chiefs bills game. maybe pats falcons superbowl.

Posted: Jan 24, 2022 at 7:55 Quote
obee1 wrote:
natural segue;

holy shit this was such an exciting set of division final games. so entertaining.
comparison is the thief of joy, but i cannot think of a game that was more entertaining than the chiefs bills game. maybe pats falcons superbowl.

I'm not a fan anymore, but sitting here with the crud allowed me to watch all 4 games. Very entertaining to say the least !
Actually more football watched than the prior 5 years combined.

Posted: Jan 24, 2022 at 8:34 Quote
mysticmountainadventures wrote:
Elected officials likely feel a responsibility to do something/anythig. Without bulletproof solutions I can understand grasping at solutions hoping for a miracle.

Like say you own a BMW and the cooling system leaks like Liza and Henry's bucket... Do you keep up the futile efforts to fix it, or do you just drive it like you stole it till it blows up on the side of the interstate?

Asking for a friend lol
I feel like this is the most naive approach possible, and just poorly reasoned to boot. The idea that elected officials do anything out of a sense of responsibility to the electorate is fantasy, they couldn't care less about the people and their only interest is power; whether it's gained through your vote or your oppression really makes little difference to them. But ultimately, even if we believe it was all done in good faith... at this point we know it doesn't work so the idea that it's a hail mary attempt to do something cause that's better than doing nothing is absolutely wrong... in fact, there's substantial evidence at this point that the measures taken actually cost more lives than they saved, and that's before we consider the historic economic ramifications. This is a power grab and a wealth transfer and none of it had anything to do with 'doing something hoping for a miracle' which is why they still don't want it to end even though we know it doesn't work.


obee1 wrote:
natural segue;

holy shit this was such an exciting set of division final games. so entertaining.
comparison is the thief of joy, but i cannot think of a game that was more entertaining than the chiefs bills game. maybe pats falcons superbowl.

Seriously the best divisional round I've ever seen... these games were all so close and so competitive, it was super impressive.

Posted: Jan 24, 2022 at 9:17 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
mysticmountainadventures wrote:
Elected officials likely feel a responsibility to do something/anythig. Without bulletproof solutions I can understand grasping at solutions hoping for a miracle.

Like say you own a BMW and the cooling system leaks like Liza and Henry's bucket... Do you keep up the futile efforts to fix it, or do you just drive it like you stole it till it blows up on the side of the interstate?

Asking for a friend lol
I feel like this is the most naive approach possible, and just poorly reasoned to boot. The idea that elected officials do anything out of a sense of responsibility to the electorate is fantasy, they couldn't care less about the people and their only interest is power; whether it's gained through your vote or your oppression really makes little difference to them. But ultimately, even if we believe it was all done in good faith... at this point we know it doesn't work so the idea that it's a hail mary attempt to do something cause that's better than doing nothing is absolutely wrong... in fact, there's substantial evidence at this point that the measures taken actually cost more lives than they saved, and that's before we consider the historic economic ramifications. This is a power grab and a wealth transfer and none of it had anything to do with 'doing something hoping for a miracle' which is why they still don't want it to end even though we know it doesn't work.

Just observe the Great Victory parade that Biden and Co will take before the midterms, once this virus perfectly on its own fizzles out.
All networks will hammer down how it was the wise policies of the Ruling Party that won the battle.
If that does not work, some small distraction war in Eastern Europe should help.

Posted: Jan 24, 2022 at 9:24 Quote
Axxe wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:
mysticmountainadventures wrote:
Elected officials likely feel a responsibility to do something/anythig. Without bulletproof solutions I can understand grasping at solutions hoping for a miracle.

Like say you own a BMW and the cooling system leaks like Liza and Henry's bucket... Do you keep up the futile efforts to fix it, or do you just drive it like you stole it till it blows up on the side of the interstate?

Asking for a friend lol
I feel like this is the most naive approach possible, and just poorly reasoned to boot. The idea that elected officials do anything out of a sense of responsibility to the electorate is fantasy, they couldn't care less about the people and their only interest is power; whether it's gained through your vote or your oppression really makes little difference to them. But ultimately, even if we believe it was all done in good faith... at this point we know it doesn't work so the idea that it's a hail mary attempt to do something cause that's better than doing nothing is absolutely wrong... in fact, there's substantial evidence at this point that the measures taken actually cost more lives than they saved, and that's before we consider the historic economic ramifications. This is a power grab and a wealth transfer and none of it had anything to do with 'doing something hoping for a miracle' which is why they still don't want it to end even though we know it doesn't work.

Just observe the Great Victory parade that Biden and Co will take before the midterms, once this virus perfectly on its own fizzles out.
All networks will hammer down how it was the wise policies of the Ruling Party that won the battle.
If that does not work, some small distraction war in Eastern Europe should help.

Exactly !!!

Posted: Jan 24, 2022 at 11:12 Quote
As someone who worked in government... my experience was that despite how bad things look from the outside looking in, we were always "trying" to do the right thing.

What I generally witnessed (in my tiny little world) was at the beginning of their term, elected officials were more inclined to be bold doing the "right" thing rather than the "popular" thing and towards the end of their term when motivated by reelection they would only play it safe and do/say things that were "popular".

Posted: Jan 24, 2022 at 11:34 Quote
mysticmountainadventures wrote:
As someone who worked in government... my experience was that despite how bad things look from the outside looking in, we were always "trying" to do the right thing.

What I generally witnessed (in my tiny little world) was at the beginning of their term, elected officials were more inclined to be bold doing the "right" thing rather than the "popular" thing and towards the end of their term when motivated by reelection they would only play it safe and do/say things that were "popular".

power mimics excellence jake. before you defer to the next political leader in your life, i would propose you really attempt to identify the excellence in that persons character and their vision for leadership, and how they practice that excellence. you have time and again expressed allegiance to our political leaders, it might be time that you do the work to see if they really deserve it. otherwise they might just be in it for the power and, as you say, playing it safe and doing things that are popular. those elected officials you mention played you in the game they are winning that affects our lives way more than theirs.

Posted: Jan 24, 2022 at 11:55 Quote
Axxe wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:
mysticmountainadventures wrote:
Elected officials likely feel a responsibility to do something/anythig. Without bulletproof solutions I can understand grasping at solutions hoping for a miracle.

Like say you own a BMW and the cooling system leaks like Liza and Henry's bucket... Do you keep up the futile efforts to fix it, or do you just drive it like you stole it till it blows up on the side of the interstate?

Asking for a friend lol
I feel like this is the most naive approach possible, and just poorly reasoned to boot. The idea that elected officials do anything out of a sense of responsibility to the electorate is fantasy, they couldn't care less about the people and their only interest is power; whether it's gained through your vote or your oppression really makes little difference to them. But ultimately, even if we believe it was all done in good faith... at this point we know it doesn't work so the idea that it's a hail mary attempt to do something cause that's better than doing nothing is absolutely wrong... in fact, there's substantial evidence at this point that the measures taken actually cost more lives than they saved, and that's before we consider the historic economic ramifications. This is a power grab and a wealth transfer and none of it had anything to do with 'doing something hoping for a miracle' which is why they still don't want it to end even though we know it doesn't work.

Just observe the Great Victory parade that Biden and Co will take before the midterms, once this virus perfectly on its own fizzles out.
All networks will hammer down how it was the wise policies of the Ruling Party that won the battle.
If that does not work, some small distraction war in Eastern Europe should help.

I've been thinking about this and where they'd make it happen. With the rate of inflation the way it is and how much monopoly money we have in circulation, something massive is about to happen.

My thinking is there's no way this administration is as stupid as it looks. Biden is a racist pedophile but somehow is sitting in the most powerful seat in the world. So do they get into something crazy and blame it on his stupid ass. Or does he die and Harris takes over... then all of sudden all the problems are solved and we have the first woman president solving all the problems the men left behind?

Either way... it's insanely jacked right now.

More people are getting jacked up by the vaccines than by covid at this point. $4 Trillion in wealth shift in under 2 years. Medical staff and law enforcement are throwing their hands up and saying screw it.

Ug man. I wish I could work remote 100% of the time. I'd freaking bounce. Need to move to New Zealand or something. Or Fiji. Buy and island and just say f*ck the world.

Posted: Jan 24, 2022 at 11:57 Quote
obee maybe I'm misinterpreting

are you suggesting that I do anything less than my outmost best or ever championed anything less than what I believed was the best solution for my community?

weird???

Posted: Jan 24, 2022 at 12:27 Quote
mysticmountainadventures wrote:
As someone who worked in government... my experience was that despite how bad things look from the outside looking in, we were always "trying" to do the right thing.

What I generally witnessed (in my tiny little world) was at the beginning of their term, elected officials were more inclined to be bold doing the "right" thing rather than the "popular" thing and towards the end of their term when motivated by reelection they would only play it safe and do/say things that were "popular".
I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that your involvement in government was on a local or other small scale level..? In that respect, I would agree with you. The people working county and local government do care about their constituency because it's made up of their neighbors and and friends and family and directly impacts them. Once you reach state and federal levels of decision making, the good of the people is almost non-existent in what drives policy. History has proven this endlessly... more times than can even be counted.

Even if we assumed what you claim to be true, you can look at today and see it simply isn't... why are they still putting people out of work for not getting jabbed when we know without any doubt that the vaccine isn't stopping transmission? Why are they fining the unvaccinated when we know that the unvaccinated aren't the primary transmission vector? Why are they continuing mask mandates when we know they don't work?

Posted: Jan 24, 2022 at 12:31 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
mysticmountainadventures wrote:
As someone who worked in government... my experience was that despite how bad things look from the outside looking in, we were always "trying" to do the right thing.

What I generally witnessed (in my tiny little world) was at the beginning of their term, elected officials were more inclined to be bold doing the "right" thing rather than the "popular" thing and towards the end of their term when motivated by reelection they would only play it safe and do/say things that were "popular".
I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that your involvement in government was on a local or other small scale level..? In that respect, I would agree with you. The people working county and local government do care about their constituency because it's made up of their neighbors and and friends and family and directly impacts them. Once you reach state and federal levels of decision making, the good of the people is almost non-existent in what drives policy. History has proven this endlessly... more times than can even be counted.

Even if we assumed what you claim to be true, you can look at today and see it simply isn't... why are they still putting people out of work for not getting jabbed when we know without any doubt that the vaccine isn't stopping transmission? Why are they fining the unvaccinated when we know that the unvaccinated aren't the primary transmission vector? Why are they continuing mask mandates when we know they don't work?

I see tons of busybody Karens f*cking up things locally just as well. For no other reason than that they can.

Posted: Jan 24, 2022 at 12:43 Quote
Axxe wrote:
I see tons of busybody Karens f*cking up things locally just as well. For no other reason than that they can.
Oh for sure... but they're usually just helicopter c*nts that actually do have good intentions and just lack enouhg intelligence to see the flaw in their "brilliant" ideas who then start throwing tantrums when the whole world doesn't play along with their dumb shit as easily as their husbands do.

Posted: Jan 24, 2022 at 12:48 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
mysticmountainadventures wrote:
As someone who worked in government... my experience was that despite how bad things look from the outside looking in, we were always "trying" to do the right thing.

What I generally witnessed (in my tiny little world) was at the beginning of their term, elected officials were more inclined to be bold doing the "right" thing rather than the "popular" thing and towards the end of their term when motivated by reelection they would only play it safe and do/say things that were "popular".
I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that your involvement in government was on a local or other small scale level..? In that respect, I would agree with you. The people working county and local government do care about their constituency because it's made up of their neighbors and and friends and family and directly impacts them. Once you reach state and federal levels of decision making, the good of the people is almost non-existent in what drives policy. History has proven this endlessly... more times than can even be counted.

Even if we assumed what you claim to be true, you can look at today and see it simply isn't... why are they still putting people out of work for not getting jabbed when we know without any doubt that the vaccine isn't stopping transmission? Why are they fining the unvaccinated when we know that the unvaccinated aren't the primary transmission vector? Why are they continuing mask mandates when we know they don't work?

I disagree, I know numerous local elected officials and bureaucrats, they all have some kind of agendas with the outcomes being very beneficial to themselves. I can't imagine how dirty things get the higher up the ladder you go. They may start with good intentions but Power, control and greed take over.


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.042450
Mobile Version of Website