Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: May 17, 2022 at 7:46 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:
No politician, at any level, should be allowed to serve more than two terms... and they should be barred from working in any capacity with politicians after they finish their two terms.
Yes, but three terms.
IMO, going over a decade is too long... if you can't do it in eight years you aren't gonna do it. Two four year terms and then f*ck off, they can be consecutive or spread across fifty years but that's all you get. The real key is banning any affiliation with politics after those terms though, you don't get to leave and become a lobbyist or leave and go become a political correspondent and make money from your service. The underlying issue with politicians, from all sides, is that it's become insanely profitable to be a politician, which was never the intended outcome. It was meant to be a service to your country, more like jury duty, not a career track.

I also don't believe everyone should be allowed to vote... we've reached the point where there's just too many morons skewing the system. I mean, there's millions of people in this country who believe the earth is flat for f*ck's sake... no way those morons should be allowed to have a voice in the governance of a nation when basic elementary science escapes them.

i used to think that some dum dums should not vote, or some careers should deserve a vote of higher value as well, but theres an eerie undertone of social credit to this idea, and the social credit system could be the most frightening possibility that could come from the last 2 years.

Posted: May 17, 2022 at 7:51 Quote
obee1 wrote:
i used to think that some dum dums should not vote, or some careers should deserve a vote of higher value as well, but theres an eerie undertone of social credit to this idea, and the social credit system could be the most frightening possibility that could come from the last 2 years.
I just think you should have to take a test to get registered to vote... like you have to take a driving test to get your license. You show up to register, take 30 questions or so about the basics of government and economics and you either pass or fail and get your voter ID card or don't. Then you only get to vote if you have that card. I don't care if you're a college professor or a homeless person, everyone gets the same test and you either pass or fail. You fail, you get to try again next election. I don't care if you support the left or the right, we've just allowed way too many idiots to affect elections and that's a bigger threat to "election integrity" than anything else. Whether you believe in Pizzagate or that Trump's a Russian asset, you're too stupid to get a voice in the direction of the nation.

I'm sure I've posted it before but, a quote I love is:

"People are always talking about demanding more and better performance from elected officials; but when you get right down to it, shouldn't a democracy demand more and better performance from the citizens who vote? If they do their job well, then the quality of those they elect will naturally follow."

Posted: May 17, 2022 at 8:11 Quote
Good debate from live minds.

In Canadastan, Castro-Trudeau wants 16 year olds to vote.

Because the younger they are, the more liberally ideologically idealistic they are.

16 year olds who don’t know what gender they are, wanting their brains wired directly into the MetaVerse, programmed with full MK Ultra climate terrorism mode 3.0

Posted: May 17, 2022 at 8:30 Quote
I really like the idea of a voters license. I never really thought of it before but it makes perfect sense.

Posted: May 17, 2022 at 8:39 Quote
But how do you qualify or not qualify?

Posted: May 17, 2022 at 9:01 Quote
I’d compel that, at a bare minimum, one should have to pass the test required by those applying for US Citizenship in order to earn the right to vote. I’d guess that 60% of currently registered US voters would fail that test.

Posted: May 17, 2022 at 9:03 Quote
fredro wrote:
But how do you qualify or not qualify?
Score 75% or better on the test, you pass... 30 multiple choice questions about government and economics that aren't based in opinion and fantasy. Shit like "What is the Bill of Rights" that everyone with a basic education should be able to answer. If you can't correctly answer "the first ten amendments to the Constitution" then you get it wrong, nothing about your feelings or how your mommy was mean to you or how you had a shitty teacher, you either know it or you don't. If you know it and pass, you get to vote. If you don't, then study up for next year.

Posted: May 17, 2022 at 9:06 Quote
PACNW-MTB wrote:
I’d guess that 60% of currently registered US voters would fail that test.

Which is why the western world has the current problem. Plus bland uniparty options in most countries. France is the only country I can think of recently that had a true left-right election.

Disengagement and disillusionment is the biggest concern. Voters having no faith their vote will count or apathy towards the disgusting swill of corrupt self serving creatures that call themselves politicians.

Posted: May 17, 2022 at 9:11 Quote
PACNW-MTB wrote:
I’d compel that, at a bare minimum, one should have to pass the test required by those applying for US Citizenship in order to earn the right to vote. I’d guess that 60% of currently registered US voters would fail that test.
Yup... it's an interesting conundrum too that legal immigrants are more than twice as likely to hold conservative views as the general population despite typically identifying as liberal. It really highlights the disconnect between classical liberalism and modern woke insanity, and it's a big reason why the left stumps so hard for illegal immigration and nebulous "paths to citizenship" that don't include typical legal immigration. People who've been educated and come here and study for citizenship hold logically sound beliefs rooted in reality and history so they wind up being moderates, or even conservatives by today's standards despite their initial assumptions of what each party represents whereas illegal immigrants that are granted citizenship tend to vote for whatever bullshit the left sells them based on party identity irrespective of facts and history.

The bottom line is that "more voters" benefits the woke, self-interested left... and more "educated voters" benefits the country.

Posted: May 17, 2022 at 9:20 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
PACNW-MTB wrote:
Yup... it's an interesting conundrum too that legal immigrants are more than twice as likely to hold conservative views as the general population despite typically identifying as liberal. It really highlights the disconnect between classical liberalism and modern woke insanity, and it's a big reason why the left stumps so hard for illegal immigration and nebulous "paths to citizenship" that don't include typical legal immigration. People who've been educated and come here and study for citizenship hold logically sound beliefs rooted in reality and history so they wind up being moderates, or even conservatives by today's standards despite their initial assumptions of what each party represents whereas illegal immigrants that are granted citizenship tend to vote for whatever bullshit the left sells them based on party identity irrespective of facts and history.

The bottom line is that "more voters" benefits the woke, self-interested left... and more "educated voters" benefits the country.

And all that really means is that we are caving to the human condition and denying the fact that if we do not overcome the human condition rather than simply give into it, we will fail, just like all the others before us. Sad that we haven’t evolved enough to understand that simple concept.

Posted: May 17, 2022 at 9:46 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
PACNW-MTB wrote:

Depends if they worked hard for their immigration status or had it handed to them/stole it. That attitude splits the attitude to their vote.

Far many right-tards rail against immigration without considering value add from legitimate means. Seen Canadians with an IQ of 42 ranting about immigrant doctors, nurses, engineers. Would be nice to have an immigration swap. Exchange some of these knuckle dragging loser cretins for a professional, entrepreneur, scientist or healthcare worker. The exchange rate would actually be about 10:1

Posted: May 17, 2022 at 9:58 Quote
gnarbar wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:
PACNW-MTB wrote:

Depends if they worked hard for their immigration status or had it handed to them/stole it. That attitude splits the attitude to their vote.

Far many right-tards rail against immigration without considering value add from legitimate means. Seen Canadians with an IQ of 42 ranting about immigrant doctors, nurses, engineers. Would be nice to have an immigration swap. Exchange some of these knuckle dragging loser cretins for a professional, entrepreneur, scientist or healthcare worker. The exchange rate would actually be about 10:1
And the value to society would prove to be tenfold that ratio!!

Posted: May 17, 2022 at 13:59 Quote
Musk and Bezos tearing the White House and ice cream guy in particular a new azzhole today over fiscal/monetary policy. Psaki replacement looks and sounds even dumber. How possible to downgrade from Psaki? An incredible achievement.

/

Highlight of the day was seeing a guy driving around with a full chicken dinner on his dash.

Cake. Coffee. Andean rain.

Posted: May 17, 2022 at 14:06 Quote
gnarbar wrote:
How possible to downgrade from Psaki? An incredible achievement.

You are anti LGBTQXYZ+ racist male chauvinist.

Posted: May 17, 2022 at 16:36 Quote
leverfingers wrote:
I can't stand mountainbikers. I mostly ride by myself. I don't bring a mirror.

Catching up on a couple weeks,

But yeah.

This.

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.024559
Mobile Version of Website