Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: May 27, 2022 at 11:40 Quote
Love all of those muscle cars, especially the Mopars. The Porsche is really nice though too. Given the choice, I’d take the American muscle. A big V8 with a big cam is music to my ears.

Posted: May 27, 2022 at 11:56 Quote
Twenty6ers4life wrote:
Love all of those muscle cars, especially the Mopars. The Porsche is really nice though too. Given the choice, I’d take the American muscle. A big V8 with a big cam is music to my ears.

A tech (Smitty) at my old shop in Florida used to have a janky ass relative that would swing by every now and again with his Faux-par. It was a beat ass Charger that had a 440 from a station wagon transplanted in it. If that bitch was half as mean as it sounded it would have been a rocket.

He'd come in boasting on about whipping that little plastic car's ass sitting out in the lot (knowing it was my....well, my wife's.... '89 vette).

I'd say "f*ck yeah...let's go...! whatcha wanna do..?? quarter mile, top speed, or corners. ???"

he'd screw himself so far into the ceiling Smitty would have to walk his as off the lot. I mean he would be yelling and spitting, turning red...all that shit lol

Posted: May 27, 2022 at 12:58 Quote
adm750 wrote:
Twenty6ers4life wrote:

A tech (Smitty) at my old shop in Florida used to have a janky ass relative that would swing by every now and again with his Faux-par. It was a beat ass Charger that had a 440 from a station wagon transplanted in it. If that bitch was half as mean as it sounded it would have been a rocket.

He'd come in boasting on about whipping that little plastic car's ass sitting out in the lot (knowing it was my....well, my wife's.... '89 vette).

I'd say "f*ck yeah...let's go...! whatcha wanna do..?? quarter mile, top speed, or corners. ???"

he'd screw himself so far into the ceiling Smitty would have to walk his as off the lot. I mean he would be yelling and spitting, turning red...all that shit lol

lol lol lol That’s hilarious

Posted: May 27, 2022 at 15:09 Quote
Jack Olsen is a journalist that has modified this 1972 911 to be a multipurpose track monster. Kind of a fun vid with a great flat six soundtrack.

Posted: May 27, 2022 at 19:20 Quote
[YT=http://youtu.be/ZZlRFsRG6K0]

[YT=http://youtu.be/juKgIwaN1t8]

[YT=http://youtu.be/LdvPwr_77A0]

Some purists don’t like Magnus’s work. I like his attitude to life.

Not sure what’s wrong with these embeds. Too much Venezuelan rum to be fkd.

Posted: May 27, 2022 at 19:52 Quote

There you go gnarbar. I used to have the same issue. You need to remove this part, (YT=http://youtu.be/) after you paste it. Beer

Posted: May 28, 2022 at 5:08 Quote
Magnus is a good guy. Agree on his attitude to life and his cars.

Posted: May 28, 2022 at 5:59 Quote
Thanks for the vidfail fix. The Venezuelan rum was a Santa Teresa 1796. Recommended.

No hangover
No cranium crush
No Monkeypox

Went to the hardware store yesterday. Like a micro HomoDepot with everything crammed in but has all the things. Unlike the HomoDepot unemployees, people are actually helpful and approach the customer. Supplies obtained, list of projects to hit up now.

We have an agricultural consultant coming out next weekend. Looks like avocado is the way to go. Low maintenance and low water requirements. We will help feed the starving desperate first world. No meat & bugburgers for the peasants and organic avocado toast for the hoi polloi.

Posted: May 28, 2022 at 7:29 Quote
Love avacado.
Been working on our garden too. Idea is to add lots of ground cover to keep some moisture in the ground. Fruit section is now covered, coffee bags laid down, then layers of grass clippings and leaves. Plum tree is blooming, apple tree we planted last year has buds, raspberry patch has new growth and Assperagus is popping out.
Built hinged covers for the strawberry section to keep the chickens from pecking them.

Posted: May 28, 2022 at 7:41 Quote
Never thought of it like that... but in the summer the soil and the weather at your place aren't unlike the avocado orchards around San Diego.

Cool to see what you're able to grow tup

Posted: May 28, 2022 at 8:25 Quote
d-man wrote:
Assperagus

TeeHee.

Plums.

Posted: May 29, 2022 at 9:40 Quote
Plums and Peaches and Tortellini.

Three food things to remind us of where we all came from.

Posted: May 29, 2022 at 9:45 Quote
I dont get it lever.
If plums are your nuts and peaches are butts then wtf are tortellinis? Itsy bitsy titsys?

Posted: May 29, 2022 at 10:05 Quote
Have closer look sometime. What does a tortellini REALLY look like?

Posted: May 29, 2022 at 11:13 Quote
I need a bigger trailer that a gooseneck setup. I currently bumper pull a 20' 14k trailer and it works but it's small deck wise and the machine is a lot on that setup. A gooseneck would tow way better.

A 14k lb gooseneck could be had for $8-10k and I could barely swing it in cash. But I know that eventually, I am going to want a tandem 22-24k lb for a bigger machine or for the ability to tow the mini excavator and a skid steer together. Usually those trailers are $20k+ new and 15-17k used.

I just found a 22k trailer for 13k. I'd have to take out a small loan to make it work, but it would absolutely give me room to grow and would be a long term solution. But I have to borrow money to make it happen..

So do I just buy what I need for right now in cash, or do I pull a loan out for a good deal on the long term solution?

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.024536
Mobile Version of Website