Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Jun 28, 2022 at 10:51 Quote
mtbman1980 wrote:
mysticmountainadventures wrote:
fredro wrote:
I have two bike trips coming up in the land of Canucks...
Quebec in mid July with my ebike, and Whistler in the end of August with my SC Megatower.
If anyone is interested in seeing PRO level bikes being ridden slowly by mediocre weekend warrior, Im your guy!

You straight arm a quart of maple syrup for us and post pics good sir.

Just got back from whis (hiking not biking) and Top of the World might be open by the end of august lol lol lol
Walking down from the Roundhouse to the peak express.

Went to the Jordie Lunn bike park again yesterday and that place sure is fun.

I read something about opening Banff being open for skiing on July 1st....

If you happen to make a side trip to Vancouver Island Fred I am sure we could meet up.
Yep Sunshine village is opening up this week. My son is heading there Thursday.

Posted: Jun 28, 2022 at 12:01 Quote
There’s nothing more zen
than a freshly cut lawn…..

Posted: Jun 28, 2022 at 13:29 Quote
fredro wrote:
Feeling all nostalgic and giddy for whistler...
Pics from my 2005 trip...

f*ck I'd love to do another whistler trip.. My only one was in 2015. I killed my yellow M1 frame doing no handers on crabapple hits. I have been dieing to go back ever since.

Posted: Jun 28, 2022 at 13:48 Quote
The only thing I did on Crabapple was clap for my buddies who hit it. So technically I did a no hander too?

Posted: Jun 28, 2022 at 13:51 Quote
fredro wrote:
The only thing I did on Crabapple was clap for my buddies who hit it. So technically I did a no hander too?

I'll count it.

Posted: Jun 28, 2022 at 13:57 Quote
Here's some shots from when I last visited.

Cry

Posted: Jun 28, 2022 at 14:11 Quote
Soupherb wrote:
adm750 wrote:
Subi was badass..... probably saw the #6 Porsche and I'm sure it was cool.

There was one supercar with a rear wing that would flip up like DRS on and F1 car, and also the whole wing would tilt up and down (when it went through turns...) which looked absolutely stupid AF....

Pelosi is a living breathing c*unt....someone please park a box truck on her.

Merc with an F1 engine (roadcar) I believe was the culprit car lol

Actually it wasn’t that one, I have to go check
Zenvo tup

https://youtu.be/nMX0_MPx1-Q

Wiper blades lmao , yes yes performance no doubt, but no thanks

this thing has shown up at goodwood and a few other car shows. its the product of ADHD engineers who have taken waaaay too much adderall. conceptually i understand that the intention is to take advantage of aerodynamic downforce while apexing thru a turn but it looks stupid as f*ck and,( i'm sure adm should chime in here, or someone like leverfingers,) i think this puts a lot of downforce on outside rear, but i think the most advantageous downforce advantage would be on inside front? either way i hate it.

don't forget that ghislaines daddy holds a big stick in israeli intelligence. ghislaine might be the real brains in that operation and i anticipate that she ends up skating away and hanging out with bill and hill. dark evil shit that makes our retard in chief seem like a useless muppet waiting for his strings to be pulled....

that looks like shleyer but the run out is remembered differently.
if you are doing no handers on crab apple hits then we are different animals. i seemed to specialize in no landers on my whistler trips. i get to see the road rash scars down my arms everyday.

fred you don't have to worry about canadians ever winning the cup again. bettman came in 93 and we haven't won since.

Posted: Jun 28, 2022 at 14:13 Quote
fredro wrote:

that's all I'd be doing...double no-handers

Posted: Jun 28, 2022 at 14:21 Quote
i used to be cool!

f*ck that bike. it nearly killed me.

this bike was cool. ah the old days. full robocop, full deathgrip. but in my defence that was a blind skurry drop built by f*ckin a*sholes.

edit- hahahah lmao. if you look at the drop i'm doing in whistler i still have the bandaging on my right arm from the concussion/ road rash everywhere i received the day before. if you're gonna be dumb you better be tough.

Posted: Jun 28, 2022 at 14:46 Quote
RelapsedMandalorian wrote:
Here's some shots from when I last visited.

Cry

If it's any condolences, I was in Fort William 3 days before a WC and due to my poor planning, I didn't get to hang out for the weekend to watch..

Cry

Posted: Jun 28, 2022 at 15:19 Quote
obee1 wrote:
Soupherb wrote:
adm750 wrote:
Subi was badass..... probably saw the #6 Porsche and I'm sure it was cool.

There was one supercar with a rear wing that would flip up like DRS on and F1 car, and also the whole wing would tilt up and down (when it went through turns...) which looked absolutely stupid AF....

Pelosi is a living breathing c*unt....someone please park a box truck on her.

Merc with an F1 engine (roadcar) I believe was the culprit car lol

Actually it wasn’t that one, I have to go check
Zenvo tup

https://youtu.be/nMX0_MPx1-Q

Wiper blades lmao , yes yes performance no doubt, but no thanks

this thing has shown up at goodwood and a few other car shows. its the product of ADHD engineers who have taken waaaay too much adderall. conceptually i understand that the intention is to take advantage of aerodynamic downforce while apexing thru a turn but it looks stupid as f*ck and,( i'm sure adm should chime in here, or someone like leverfingers,) i think this puts a lot of downforce on outside rear, but i think the most advantageous downforce advantage would be on inside front? either way i hate it.

I’d envisage it would have to flap about very quickly in order to be able to use the car’s full potential performance , gross motor skills are definitely not on point, floppy ass weirdness at this point, I hate it too

We’re all old enough to have seen and heard some incredible vehicles, the beginning of the end now with these soulless jacked up vacuum cleaners , I love tech , but saying goodbye to raucous & beautiful sounding vehicles is ever closer.. gutting , destroying the evergreen soundtracks of our gas guzzlin’ behemoths makes me feel sad. Part of our rich tapestry junked , imma go drink some lead & be done with it

Posted: Jun 28, 2022 at 15:56 Quote
https://ww
stylin' at whistler
Original GLC drop
Chrome bell helmet, Dianesse armour and hydro pack...
I honestly have no desire to ride the Whistler bike park, so many better trails outside the park.

Posted: Jun 28, 2022 at 16:27 Quote
Got tired of having to pickup rental machines. And half the time there wasn't anything available. So pulled the trigger on a skiddy mcskidface.

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.029381
Mobile Version of Website