Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Jul 2, 2022 at 10:51 Quote
On those Sur Ron bikes, you can cut a wire and get the full glory 70KPH.

Posted: Jul 2, 2022 at 10:53 Quote
leverfingers wrote:
On those Sur Ron bikes, you can cut a wire and get the full glory 70KPH.

I’m in contact with them currently

Guy here has one. Is incredible

Edit: this isn’t it though lol just the kind of thing I like

Posted: Jul 2, 2022 at 11:00 Quote
Dude rode past me twice on two separate occasions whilst on my ebike, unable to attract his attention to talk about it as it happened so damn fast.

Having now successfully spoken with him , he put me onto them direct.

When funds allow I’m all in before the laws change.. it’s just a matter of time here before it’s illegal (speed/areas to ride) etc

I’m just thinking spec , trying to keep it real, I don’t really want to spend 8k on anything to be honest lol

Edit: more idiots here than ever before on motos f*cking up the coastline whilst offending the locals. That’s a big no no here, everyone knows everyone. “Your on the list?“ Your f*cked

Posted: Jul 2, 2022 at 11:54 Quote
Update did the trick, bike is back online!

Glad your race worked out lever, could have went sideways. We had a similar thing here with the trans Rockies race. Someone who didn't approve of the race moved a few direction signs night before the race. Caused alot of grief.

We have a Suron dealer in Golden, we're going to set up a demo night. They look ridiculously fun

Posted: Jul 2, 2022 at 11:59 Quote
Soupherb wrote:
Dude rode past me twice on two separate occasions whilst on my ebike, unable to attract his attention to talk about it as it happened so damn fast.

When funds allow I’m all in before the laws change.. it’s just a matter of time here before it’s illegal (speed/areas to ride) etc

I’m just thinking spec , trying to keep it real, I don’t really want to spend 8k on anything to be honest lol

Edit: more idiots here than ever before on motos f*cking up the coastline whilst offending the locals. That’s a big no no here, everyone knows everyone. “Your on the list?“ Your f*cked

Lots of motos burning in single track here too, locals not happy. Mountain bikes are being grouped in with them, going to be lots of pissing matches very soon for access.
I told many people including the government reps years ago this would happen and we needed to have all groups work together to designate user areas BEFORE word got our to the world about the area. Now word is out and we are being over run with back country users who are very new to being outdoors. No etiquette, no cares for anything other than their own enjoyment.

Posted: Jul 2, 2022 at 12:01 Quote
d-man wrote:
Soupherb wrote:

Lots of motos burning in single track here too, locals not happy. Mountain bikes are being grouped in with them, going to be lots of pissing matches very soon for access.
I told many people including the government reps years ago this would happen and we needed to have all groups work together to designate user areas BEFORE word got our to the world about the area. Now word is out and we are being over run with back country users who are very new to being outdoors. No etiquette, no cares for anything other than their own enjoyment.

+1

Exactly that

Posted: Jul 2, 2022 at 12:01 Quote
leverfingers wrote:
It actually went off rather smoothly. Nobody noticed that it was all screwed up except me and my marshals. I kept pretty quiet about it all. Otherwise I would have been that guy on the Simpsons who tried to get Homer fired for incompetence. Everyone thought he was a nut bar.

I am a nut bar.

My buddy is race organizer for the island cup enduro series and he is always chasing issues that others screw up.

Posted: Jul 2, 2022 at 12:45 Quote
Think Luke can beat Paulo?

Posted: Jul 2, 2022 at 14:41 Quote
Got some new kit this week, Shimano Me7 shoes, Cromag knee pads and gloves.
Funny I never know how worn out my gear is until I get knew stuff.

Posted: Jul 2, 2022 at 14:52 Quote
d-man wrote:
Got some new kit this week, Shimano Me7 shoes, Cromag knee pads and gloves.
Funny I never know how worn out my gear is until I get knew stuff.

I bet it’s f*cking hanging! ( ‘hanging off its own bare ass dirty bones’ unofficial UK definition) I’m being nice by the way !!

Posted: Jul 2, 2022 at 17:36 Quote
“Hanging” good form, shag. Haven’t heard that for a while. Same with knackered and bollocks.

/

Shipping container finally arrived. I’m sat with my feet up, with a house and garage 90% set up and fully unpacked. It quickly became a home. Watched the sun set in purple hues over the back of a volcano. Party music wafts from the hillside above. The people are celebrating. Cold Amstel. Chill out tunes playing. Sub set at +2. Bouncing.

/

Today I was invited to participate in the community religious festival next year. Now, this is a big deal. It’s the most important celebration for the indigenous community. Most gringos can spend years here and never really be part of society. Live in an expat bubble, all huddled and fearful, stressing out over toilet paper. I’ve been here a couple of months, not even that long in the house. But the people have taken to me, and to herself. I’ve treated them well, treated them like an equal human being, paid them fairly, and tried to understand their culture, customs and the challenges they face.

It’s truly humbling. All I could say was “I’m honoured” and we fist bumped. The feelz were strong.

God knows how I feel so at home here in this little Andean community. Weirdness. Surreal.

Posted: Jul 2, 2022 at 18:28 Quote
gnarbar wrote:

Today I was invited to participate in the community religious festival next year. Now, this is a big deal. It’s the most important celebration for the indigenous community. Most gringos can spend years here and never really be part of society. Live in an expat bubble, all huddled and fearful, stressing out over toilet paper. I’ve been here a couple of months, not even that long in the house. But the people have taken to me, and to herself. I’ve treated them well, treated them like an equal human being, paid them fairly, and tried to understand their culture, customs and the challenges they face.

It’s truly humbling. All I could say was “I’m honoured” and we fist bumped. The feelz were strong.

God knows how I feel so at home here in this little Andean community. Weirdness. Surreal.

That says a lot. I am truly stoked for you !

Posted: Jul 2, 2022 at 20:09 Quote
PACNW-MTB wrote:
Soupherb wrote:
d-man wrote:
Happy Canada Day boys!

First issue with my e bike today. Went to ride and got a error code. Going into the shop tomorrow for Software update.

Sideline: I don’t whether you get a different tune with Trek Canuck bikes, but maybe with a software update , you will have some sort of choice? I’m more than happy with the standard UK tune, just curious

Anyway, hoping all is well

Looking to get a different tune on my analog bike, any suggestions? lol

Buy an E-bike. :p

Posted: Jul 3, 2022 at 4:55 Quote
gnarbar wrote:
“Hanging” good form, shag. Haven’t heard that for a while. Same with knackered and bollocks.

Shag is on the resurgence here. Gopping & Fezzing are not, but I’m an exponent of them lol

Your a respectful man Gnar, no wonder your smoothly integrating into the local swing of things

I’m straight into making an effort to be respectful when I’m abroad, before I leave home I’ve learnt the basics of saying hello , goodbye, thank you , please.. et al
Look the person your talking to in the eye, no matter how daft you sound trying to emulate the lingo’, if nothing else you’ll generate a giggle & more often than not they’ll spend a moment to correct you .. human mode engaged, learning made easy

After all, they are human & humans are better when they communicate. Evolve in the habitat your in

Blah blah love blah hippies lol

Posted: Jul 3, 2022 at 4:58 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
PACNW-MTB wrote:
Soupherb wrote:

Sideline: I don’t whether you get a different tune with Trek Canuck bikes, but maybe with a software update , you will have some sort of choice? I’m more than happy with the standard UK tune, just curious

Anyway, hoping all is well

Looking to get a different tune on my analog bike, any suggestions? lol

Buy an E-bike. :p

Shred be right

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.024395
Mobile Version of Website