Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Jul 3, 2022 at 5:05 Quote
mysticmountainadventures wrote:
Everyone screaming to be heard and nobody listening

It's upsetting seeing people's lack of ability to be aware and pay attention, even more upsetting is seeing that I'm the same.

The ability to just listen and not interrupt bugs me the most, good listeners are good friends

We’re all guilty, you don’t need to berate yourself, others are more than keen to put the knife in Jake

Can’t perform at the highest levels for long, I’m amicable, but I’m a miserable moaning c*nt some days .. good at it too! Not where I’d like to stake a claim, but were affected by shit at different times. I’ve learnt that it’s ok for people to be dicks, I just won’t be around them If their ‘dick to kind’ ratio stays offset in the dick zone

I digress , see, not paying attention, had to make it about me lol

Anyway, loved those firework pics bud

Posted: Jul 3, 2022 at 5:14 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Happy Canada Day fellows. !

Work update. Love the new job! Its super exciting and massively engaging. Downright hectic at times and I have been kinda left to sink or swim. I have people I can lean on and ask questions no doubt but I have had a lot of learning on the fly to do.

85 homes total in the site. Started with 3 that were at Sheer inspection about 2 months ago?

Currently have 43 lots excavated, 26 foundations with 6 more being formed and 15 vertical homes.

I just got my storm connections approved and still no fire suppression permits save for one home. So nothing has been in sequence but it’s better in my opinion to learn in a challenging manner instead of everything going as planned. That way you don’t get caught off guard the first time it does. At least thats what I’m telling myself.

Ho lee chit. Apparently its a regional record for how fast that many has gone up.

Everyone be safe out there this weekend...we don’t want any missing fingers you old farts.

Diligence at work paying off brother, good show of labour will get you paid in full

Did a lot of work here with SIPs panels , I’m a granite man at heart, but not the time or skill to be a quality stonemason

Concrete & blocks are my friends lol

Good to hear from ya being so busy tup

Posted: Jul 3, 2022 at 5:17 Quote
Love ya Heely ya dick

Posted: Jul 3, 2022 at 8:28 Quote
Finally watched a UFC last night. Good battles.

Seeing Donald go out like that. Was good. Miller is class.

Unfortunately my old tired ass fell asleep during the final rounds of the main event.... I was updated upon my rustling to leave....

Posted: Jul 3, 2022 at 8:44 Quote
Nonsense Tops… I’ve got a feeling you always put others before yourself

Salute

Posted: Jul 3, 2022 at 9:03 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Finally watched a UFC last night. Good battles.

Seeing Donald go out like that. Was good. Miller is class.

Unfortunately my old tired ass fell asleep during the final rounds of the main event.... I was updated upon my rustling to leave....

There were some good fights. Lawler vs Barberena was good as were the earlier chick fights. Jessica Rose Clark is super hot, but it was hard to watch her arm go the wrong way. Ouch! Munoz vs O’Malley was a let down though. Munoz was doing a lot of acting with the alleged nut shot, (that was a good kick above the belt) and eye poke, that was really just a light touch over the eyelid with hand and fingers up and not a poke. Munoz was just looking for a way out without loosing again. Weak! Pereira looks like he’ll have a good shot to beat Adesanya again when they fight. Speaking of him, the main event was a little boring.

Posted: Jul 3, 2022 at 9:08 Quote

EWS-e first prologue stage. Looks brutal but fun. Rider, Joe Nation is at max VO2 the whole stage too. Who says ebikes aren’t a workout?

Posted: Jul 3, 2022 at 9:14 Quote
Yep couple stinker fights for sure.... as always.

Posted: Jul 3, 2022 at 11:04 Quote
Twenty6ers4life wrote:
EWS-e first prologue stage. Looks brutal but fun. Rider, Joe Nation is at max VO2 the whole stage too. Who says ebikes aren’t a workout?

Real name? Too cool for skool. Some of those French tracks are nuts. Proper raw and bony.

/

In Xi-ence Clownworld on 5th July CERN is going to blow up subatomic reality again. Be prepared.

If you think Clownworld is strange right now, wait until the next wave of mass psychosis kicks off. An escalation of insanity.

No clue what they are up to but the boffins are definitely messing around with things above their pay grade. Thoughts: is CERN another global money laundering scheme like Ukraine? Or are they really messing around with subatomic reality? Is CERN the real Looking Glass?

Leverfingers opined that society is dividing, I counter that humanity is diverging. The vast shuffling mumbling herd are adopting facial oxygen suppression devices for maximum brain damage, receiving a lengthy course of noxious debilitating injecticides, consuming the mass media psychosis triggers, and have true belief in the bug diet/climate change hoax.

A divergent society means that some are choosing (or unknowingly subconsciously taking) the left hand path of pain, suffering, misery, poverty, starvation, oppression and fear. Stay home, save lives, live in misery and poverty under intense movement and behaviour control. For the greater good. We are all in this fabrication together. The suffering and pain must be collective, you must suffer as the herd do. An aversion toward suffering and misery is selfish.

Others walk a different line, and have a different reality.

/

Coffee
Unpacking
Watching a condor sweep across the lower field.
Cows amble across the paddock.
Hot and humid but overcast with a very light rain falling, barely noticeable.

/

Sheffield steel's finest cutlery set bought as a retirement gift for herself, check, first use.
Quality china dinnerware from the home town, perfect.
German bone china coffee mugs, spot on.

Life is good
Inti has blessed me

Posted: Jul 3, 2022 at 13:04 Quote
tomorrows ufc fights are gonna be entertaining.
picks:
izzy v cannonier. izzy gonna win a decision. jareds been planning for this fight for a few year now and he looks tentative/scared. izzy does his best when he hates his opp or when his opp is aggressive. izzy likes cannonier and cannonier won't attack enough. boring win.

volk v max holloway. i LOVE max but he lacks the punching power to beat volk. could be fight of the night but volks gonna take another decision. hope i'm wrong.

sean strickland v alex pereirra. sean is too ADHD to fight on big cards. hes in for a tough night against an excellent kickboxer. pereirra by tko.

robbie lawler v barbarena. fun banger of a fight. i like robbie to win, he looked good and technical against nick last fight, but barbareno is kinda dangrous, and robbie got them miles on his tires. hoping for a lawler tko, but uncertain.

pedro munhoz v sugar sean. both could win the fight i suppose, but i hope pedro closes the distance, pressures sean and puts a beating on him. omalley has skills but i see weakness in his soul. i think hes gonna fold like origami when pedro puts the hard shots on him.

brad riddell v jalen turner. i like brad a lot and hes from izzy and volks camp. but jalin is like 6'3" and can throw. money logics leaning towards jalin but im not betting so i'm gonna say that brad takes him down and beats him up...

donald cerrone v jim miller. fun retirement fight. cowboy is skilled and long, a bad matchup for miller. but cowboys chin has riden off into the sunset. i got cowboy winning by ko.

sneaky interesting is gonna be dricus duplessis v brad tavares. this fight will be fun. brad is a cool hawaiian who always comes to fight and Dricus reminds me of why i have always hated playing rugby against south africans. dude is farmboy strong and wolverine mean.

revel in the ruckus[/Quote]

Talk about a great yet expensive testosterone fuelled weekend,

my son's been doing bjj for close to 9 months now and yesterday I finally joined adult bjj on the understanding that Saturdays jiu jitsu classes included kickboxing afterwards. So yesterday I did 2 hours of jits and 1 hour of muay Thai after, and the only reason I survived long enough to kickbox was to kick some of the motherf*ckers who were strangling me all morning.
I am in the worst shape of my life as well right now and my body is ridiculously sore. After fighting I picked my moto up from the shop and got to spend 1300 shekels on a valve adjustment and a fork seal replacement. Yay poverty.

Then i got to watch the ufc. Good fights. I made the right call on a few but was very disappointed with Munoz, and woulda lost money on cowboy.

This morning i was actually lucky enough to go to the gun range with friends but I could barely stand up I'm in so much pain. But I got to shoot this awesome sig Sauer 9 mm pistol with amazing optics and a badass sterling arms 223 semi auto rifle with great sights as well. I expected way more kickback with that gun but was super impressed with both. But I almost felt l8ke the scopes made it cheating over the iron sights.

All in a great weekend enjoying all the things that our media overlords despise. Hurray freedom.

Posted: Jul 4, 2022 at 5:42 Quote
obee1 wrote:
Hurray freedom.

Hurray health.

Lost 8% of my body weight since moving here. Now it could be argued that's easy to do (an easy dig) but at least things are headed in the right direction. Feels better, soul feels lighter, lighter on my feet. Kinda bouncy energetic feeling.

Posted: Jul 4, 2022 at 6:16 Quote
^^^ lol f*ckin 'ell mate....!!!

cheers mando..! Beer

Posted: Jul 4, 2022 at 6:23 Quote
Enjoy the day boys ! Going to celebrate the 4th with a BBQ, hanging with family and friends.

Posted: Jul 4, 2022 at 6:43 Quote
Wishing you all a safe and fun Independence Day gents......Salute

@atv...sounds fun...!

We're having the in-laws over for a low-country boil tonight. Gonna smoke a nice cigar, and continue appreciating what a great thing we have here in the form of the ol' U. S. of A and give thanks to all of those who've continued to fight for this great country......despite all the out of control f*ckery.

gonna go ride now.... cheers everyone !!! Beer

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.024388
Mobile Version of Website